This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 9G2 ICS - Full Root with Google Play - ROM V1.2 by Finless

OK.... So with the success of my STOCK ICS ROM and my Fully Rooted ROM, here is the 1.2 full root and Gplay preinstalled for the 9G2.

THIS IS A TEST ROM! It is not an official release from Arnova! I have taken the stock ROM and fully rooted it and added google play. You are on your OWN with this! I cannot NOT gaurentee this is NOT a brick ROM! BUT it boots on my Arnova 10G2 so I am pretty sure it is not a BRICK

I cannot test the Google Play stuff nor the Sync Adapters. So you guys will be my test dummies. I will edit this post based on user feedback!

Again SPECIAL THANKS to the user on the Italian forum for dumping this ICS 9G2 ROM! And big thanks to FreakTab user fillab for sending me the ROM today! You guys ultimately MADE this ROM happen
    Your the best and THANK YOU! Great community of people!

Features of this first Finless 1.2 ROM - ICS for the 9G2
    1) It's fully rooted! System is now mounted is RW. System was already ext3 but not RW.
    2) System has been properly blocked for NAND memory so it should perform a little better than before.
    3) Google Play Store has been added. Along with the following Google needed things:
    - Calender Sync Adapter
    - Contacts Sync Adapter
    - Updater
    - Google Search Bar
    - Framework files
    These should allow you to now sync contacts and calendar.
    - Youtube
    If you guys want I can update this later with more Google Apps.
    4) SU and Superuser.apk for ICS is installed! These are different version needed than GingerBread
    5) Full root access is given by permissions set when making the ROM

Note: Pre-installed is Gplay 3.5.15 but if I did this right, it should upgrade to 3.5.19. Please let me know if this works!

So you all know. boot.img was very different! It took me a while to figure it out. It is not like the Arnova GingerBread ROMs. However, I got it apart and cleaned up the crap left behind that is not needed!

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the 9G2 ICS ROM "fully rooted" with Google Play - Version 1.2 by Finless:

DOWNLOAD ROM -> 9G2 ICS FULL ROOT with Gplay ROM V1.2 - by Finless (130 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.
    YOU MUST and I am serious about this MUST EraseIDB and click the loader check box in the flash tool! This has a new loader version 2.14 and you must use it! Actually I tested and Loader 2.08 (old version) works too but it is slow compared to the new version. BUT do what I say please to be sure!

Enjoy you 9G2 users and let me know how it all works!

Enjoy!
    Bob

P.S. Same comment as before about fair use and acknowledgment by those that have less scruples than others. Play fair!
    Last edited by Finless; 07-25-2014, 01:21.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Hi Bob,

Excellent work! Just downloaded and installed with no problems other than getting into recovery mode It's worth noting that on 9g2 we need to hold down menu whilst pressing the reset button, i'd forgotten how i got in previously lol. Once into recovery mode all was good, installed fine, went through calibration then prompted for connection to wifi. Set up my google account on there, synced calendar and contacts no problem, logged into play store and all looks good there (not played round much) also play has updated to 3.5.19. Surprisingly there's no sign of unwanted apps on this rom either!!

Great work and thanks from all of us for the quick work, will update if necessary when i've had time to play

Martin

Comment

Great work incredibly well. Flash ran without problems. Many, many thanks from Germany.

Finless Bob is the greatest of all times.

Comment

Thanks Bob
        Installed and working just great, just getting it set up and it seems very smooth and Google Play is working fine. Thank you again.

Comment

I flashed it in 5 minutes and now everything is super!
          All the system is more reactive than my original ICS preinstalled.
          I'm trying apex launcher and it's very useful.

Comment

You are giant among men.

It's much, much faster than the Gingerbread version. Excellent work as usual.

My best wishes to your father.

Russ

Comment

Great Work

Hi Bob,

great work and many THX for the fast build!

Here are the issues I found:
              • No contacts app in the ROM and even no 3rd party app available on the market for ARNOVA running ICS
              • Older apps could be started in a compatibility view, but the zoom button could not be pressed again in this special view. The zoom factor information seems to be stored even after deinstallation of the app. No way back...
              • The menu button has no function in some apps, f.e gmop365. Could be a incompatibilty of the app itself.

Again, GREAT WORK so far!!!

Libretto

Comment

Fine job, as usual

Thank you very much Bob. Installed in minutes an working.
                Google Play is working well too.

Greetings from Spain. Great forum!

Comment

Great work !!

Thanks for your hard work Bob !

Anybody have an issue with Google+ ? the app crash during login action. Opera mobile freeze.
                  Impossible to mount my USB Key. The key mount and unmout imediately.
                  The system see my SDcard like a USB device.

thanx.

Comment

Awesome ROM. Thanks very much Bob. Market is working perfectly fine.
                    Will you change the boot image for me. If you want some specific text for credit just let me know. I would re-edit the picture and upload again. Thanks
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	icsfinless.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	428941

Comment

First ime Android user: Using 9 G2 ICS

WOW

Just wanted to thank Finless for the great ROM, i've never installed a Android OS before, first time i deployed everything working

the os runs like a dream, i would even say seems fast.

thank you again

leiws

Comment

Originally posted by Libretto View Post
                        Hi Bob,

great work and many THX for the fast build!

Here are the issues I found:
                        • No contacts app in the ROM and even no 3rd party app available on the market for ARNOVA running ICS
                        • Older apps could be started in a compatibility view, but the zoom button could not be pressed again in this special view. The zoom factor information seems to be stored even after deinstallation of the app. No way back...
                        • The menu button has no function in some apps, f.e gmop365. Could be a incompatibilty of the app itself.

Again, GREAT WORK so far!!!

Libretto
                        There is never a contact app that I have seen. Contacts show up in things like Gmail, etc. The ROM does have contacts sync with google so any contacts you setup in Gmail, etc are synced. But google has never had a "contact app". You manage that within google apps.

As for the other stuff, I can help there. The ROM is what it is as it came from Arnova except I rooted it and installed Gplay.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

help

flash does not work so there are mistakes
                          ERROR: lower format failed
                          ERROR:erasing IDB failed
                          and the tablet has died

Comment

Originally posted by sizoff View Post
                            flash does not work so there are mistakes
                            ERROR: lower format failed
                            ERROR:erasing IDB failed
                            and the tablet has died
                            YOU MUST and I am serious about this MUST EraseIDB and click the loader check box in the flash tool! This has a new loader version 2.14 and you must use it! Actually I tested and Loader 2.08 (old version) works too but it is slow compared to the new version.D

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                            </form>

Comment

Did you follow this as stated?

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                              </form>

Comment

Working...
                              X