arnova an10bg3 kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arnova an10bg3 kernel

right as titled this is a kernel post i am having extreme difficulty in getting a working kernel made for this device i am not at all a linux or android power user i am simply a roofer so all this is new to me i have a little bit of linux use.
    the only changes i would like to make are to be able to use usb hubs and dvb-t sticks with this device i enable both in xconfig i followed several arnova from source guides get my zimage and Image then ./rkcrc -k kernel.bin kernel.img
    tryed to flash but then my tablet wont boot any help is greatly appreciated
    these are the guides i followed:

i know the first is for g2 but the basic steps are there as you can see i have posted in already open threads but no reply so im starting a new one

Re: arnova an10bg3 kernel

So far we haven't got any kernel cookers on this site as of yet. We are currently experimenting with a ROM for jellybean...trying cm10.

Those two specific areas of concern haven't been addressed.

It would be nice to have a kernel maker in the crowd, so live it up and share your goods with us.

Right now we are just trying to get basic stuff working like the battery icon and Google Play. Once that's tackled we can move on to other features.

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

hahaha i would love to be called a kernel cooker ive not had 1 single boot with my kernel and ive been trying for a month now

Comment

arnova an10bg3 kernel

I guess that's a special talent not everyone has. I don't even have a linux box...never have...so you are a lot further along than me.

I'm a decent tester, though.

Don't give up.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

i just wish i could have a open bootloader like the archos 9 has
          ive just been doing some googleing and they can get a full linux dual boot (what i would prefer to android) if anyone on here knows the steps to do that i would love to be able to boot from usb or however it could be done and maybe then get debian or such on this device (that would rock) or build me a an10bg3 kernel with usb hubs enabled and dvb-t sticks

Comment

arnova an10bg3 kernel

I'm not exactly following you on the Linux thing. Is that part of the kernel, or the process used to make it?
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

arnova an10bg3 kernel

I didn't know there were even android drivers for dvb sticks.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

arnova an10bg3 kernel

I would also like to be able to use a USB hub sometimes.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

yea usb hubs must be powered but they are blacklisted in kernel and i mean a full x11 type of linux eg ubuntu (i love the apt-get) saves dependcy hell and turns your tablet into a full desktop os
                  there isnt android dvb drivers you must compile them then install them but ive had no luck in doing so read so many threads all over they are doable as the archos gen8 has the drivers and such i cant remeber were but they are for kernel 2.6

Comment

i now from a linux man on my work that everything must be correct.
                    or it wont work.
                    a kernel is not the easyest part

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk
                    if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

i understand that snakekiller but my main point is that it should work with make rk_A10BG3_defconfig , make ,make modules as this is the source release from arnova and that is all that is in the readme to compile the default kernel but without a .config from a device i am unable to get a working kernel or find what is wrong with the default

Comment

i cant help you sorry

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk
                        if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

thats cool i just wish someone could give me a working .config but they are not included on the device so the only way would be for someone else to compile this kernel as im getting so annoyed with trying i might just go to my tool bag and fix this tablet with my hammer hahaha
                          if in doubt give it a clout

Comment

waahoo petrus is going to have a go at making this as he is supposed to be the kernel man im feeling optimistic about this again
                            thumbs up petrus and bob your help is greatly appreciated as this was driving me insane lol

Comment

Thanks man. I'm not an android kernel genius. But I used to build a lot of linux kernels some time ago
                              In fact I had a few attempts with the 10G2 kernel sources. I got really frustrated because I couldn't boot any of them. But finless managed to boot one of my kernels on his 10G2 tab, so there is hope.

But in fact I didn't try more because I felt a little lonely on this. If you are trying too, we way get a working custom kernel. If other guys want to try and learn, maybe our chances will increase.

In fact I think arnova released basic kernel sources, because they were pressured to do so. But I'm not sure it can build a working kernel as-is. Maybe it lacks something specific. Or maybe we are doing something wrong.

But I'll try again to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X