Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 7 G3 is ROOTED out of the Box!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, does anybody have any idea how to make my google contacts show in an application on this tablet? and what app to use for that too? i used to use viber on my previous tablet, and in order to make a list of contatcts, i ought to have a contacts aplication, and google contacts data synced. i can see contacts inn application manager, but not as a standalone application to open.

EDIT: nevermind. i found out that application "better contacts", when synced with google provides a good overview of contacts and helps show your contacts in viber
    Last edited by neverone; 07-05-2012, 17:03.

Comment

Originally posted by neverone View Post
      hey, does anybody have any idea how to make my google contacts show in an application on this tablet? and what app to use for that too? i used to use viber on my previous tablet, and in order to make a list of contatcts, i ought to have a contacts aplication, and google contacts data synced. i can see contacts inn application manager, but not as a standalone application to open.
      With your tablet not been Google certified you will find that important files needed for Google will be missing.

You will have to wait for a custom Rom to be made with all the necessary. Like contacts. Sync etc

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

hah, it seems that ewe posted at the same time!
        i
        found the solution, but thanks anyways

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by SRH990 View Post
          Yes, had the same problem. You can either edit the build.prop to reflect your current location (in my case UK London) or look at this thread http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...-fix-for-7-g3/ for a fix.
          Thanks, the TimeZone Changer app

did the trick, installed, ran and set zone, held through reboot, uninstalled, has held through 2 reboots

Comment

my new tab

Double post

Comment

my new tab

Just picked up this tab today as my old polaroids screen was getting washed out.

Got Play to work using arctools downloaded from applib preinstalled on tablet.
              In drop down box choose the an7g3 download , press install and wait a while. Popped up a message that some program quit(google) , rebooted tab-alls well. Set up market ,which updated to play.

Edited build.prop with root explorer to change time zone to America/Chicago for central time.

Downloaded deja office for contacts list/address book don't sync to computer but read from android-chose the gmail acct with google logo. Contacts synced!
              But not calendar. Yet.

Next I need to update the dictionary so that everything I type isn't underlined in red. Any ideas?
              Update :turned off spelling correction in system settings language and input.

I got the tab at Microcenter for 99$ , the ad said dual core cpu but the box didn't.

Compared to the pmid701c I get double the ram ,a camera, ICS and no fc"s so far.:-)

No luck installing superuser or supersu some prob with the binaries location I think.
              Update :installed latest busybox and superuser from play. Finally works.

Avast antivirus firewall works on this tab as well.

Peas out.
              Last edited by matt; 08-08-2012, 05:39.

Comment

Just to let everyone know that I did not have to reset anything to get the Google Play store installed and working. I tried to install arctools but it told me that it was already installed and then it opened up. I downloaded thru arctools the google play store app 2.7 and not the one for the Arnova 7 G3. All the apps installed without any problems and I rebooted.

Upon entering the main screen I logged in to my gmail account and everything worked and the tablet was shown in Google store as unknown g3. Was able to download and install many of the apps that are not available in the appslib.

Comment

hi has the official rom been released yet? as my friend has this tablet and wishes to go back to stock. . as he now on the hyundai one. .tia...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

To make it a little easy, follow this link:

Takes about 10 minutes, and you're done.
                    Xiron Ultimate 10 4.2.2
                    Yarvik 360 4.1.1
                    Yarvik 264 4.04
                    Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 Quadcore 4.2.2
                    TomTec Ultimate 10 4.2.2
                    Yarvik Luna 7 4.1
                    DNS Airtab E80 4.04

Comment

Working...
                    X