Arnova 9G2 - Ice Cream Sandwich STOCK ROM - by Finless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 9G2 - Ice Cream Sandwich STOCK ROM - by Finless

OK so here you 9G2 users go! The ICS ROM we all have been hearing about.

THIS IS A TEST ROM! It is not an official release from Arnova! You are on your OWN with this! I cannot NOT gaurentee this is NOT a brick ROM!

Funny how Arnova is denying this exists.... Recent Emails to them in another thread by UK and US support say there is NO ICS ROm coming out?

Now understand this is a ROM dump by a user on an Italian Forum. SPECIAL THANKS to FreakTab user fillab for getting this ROM to me!

So I took the DUMP and managed with some work to take it apart and make a flashable ROM Kit from the dump.

Does it work on all 9G2 tablets? Not sure! But the fact that it does boot on my 10G2 means it is a working ROM. I cannot test anything about it on my 10G2 but again it does boot.

Is it a real ICS? Not sure yet. On my 10G2 it does boot to a lockscreen calibration. Again I cannot go any farther testing it since the screen does not work on my 10G2.

So this is what I call a Stock ROM. After looking at it /system is already EXT3 but is mounted as RO. It is NOT rooted by default. BUT I "may" have a new ROM tonight that is fully rooted

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the 9G2 ICS ROM download.

ROM -> Arnova 9G2 ICS Stock Un-rooted ROM by Finless (125 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.
    YOU MUST and I am serious about this MUST EraseIDB and click the loader check box in the flash tool! This has a new loader version 2.14 and you must use it! Actually I tested and Loader 2.08 (old version) works too but it is slow compared to the new version. BUT do what I say please to be sure!

Enjoy you 9G2 users and let me know how it all works!

Tonight I will probably have a fully rooted version up. So I am waiting to hear how this works as no sense it working on a root if it doesnt.

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-25-2012, 22:29.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Here goes nothing

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK so here you 9G2 users go! The ICS ROM we all have been hearing about.

THIS IS A TEST ROM! It is not an official release from Arnova! You are on your OWN with this! I cannot NOT gaurentee this is NOT a brick ROM!

Funny how Arnova is denying this exists.... Recent Emails to them in another thread by UK and US support say there is NO ICS ROm coming out?

Now understand this is a ROM dump by a user on an Italian Forum. SPECIAL THANKS to FreakTab user fillab for getting this ROM to me!

So I took the DUMP and managed with some work to take it apart and make a flashable ROM Kit from the dump.

Does it work on all 9G2 tablets? Not sure! But the fact that it does boot on my 10G2 means it is a working ROM. I cannot test anything about it on my 10G2 but again it does boot.

Is it a real ICS? Not sure yet. On my 10G2 it does boot to a lockscreen calibration. Again I cannot go any farther testing it since the screen does not work on my 10G2.

So this is what I call a Stock ROM. After looking at it /system is already EXT3 but is mounted as RO. It is NOT rooted by default. BUT I "may" have a new ROM tonight that is fully rooted

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the 9G2 ICS ROM download.

ROM -> Arnova 9G2 ICS Stock Un-rooted ROM by Finless (125 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.
    YOU MUST and I am serious about this MUST EraseIDB and click the loader check box in the flash tool! This has a new loader version 2.14 and you must use it! Actually I tested and Loader 2.08 (old version) works too but it is slow compared to the new version. BUT do what I say please to be sure!

Enjoy you 9G2 users and let me know how it all works!

Tonight I will probably have a fully rooted version up. So I am waiting to hear how this works as no sense it working on a root if it doesnt.

Bob
    Just downloading as I type. Will flash as soon as it's on my PC and let you know what's what. Finger's crossed

Comment

Man if this works for you do I have FUN in store for 9G2 users!

This does NOT have Gplay installed. But I already have proper Gplay files for ICS because I have been working on the Cube Tablet ROM for my friend Damo.

So pswartout, if your willing to be my test dummy... I will kick ass on this ROM right away for you! I will probably have at least 2 releases tonight if you can handle the pressure

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Man if this works for you do I have FUN in store for 9G2 users!

This does NOT have Gplay installed. But I already have proper Gplay files for ICS because I have been working on the Cube Tablet ROM for my friend Damo.

So pswartout, if your willing to be my test dummy... I will kick ass on this ROM right away for you! I will probably have at least 2 releases tonight if you can handle the pressure

Bob
        Bob,

Just finished the flash and my good old 9 G2 has booted up with ... drum roll please .. no problems what so ever. I have set up wifi and can browse the interwebs and I'm very very happy. OK there's no way to install anything but what the hell - it's working!!!! and it's quite responsive

Not too sure I'll be able to do much else tonight (it's almost 00:30 and I need to get a few hours sleep before the 06:30 wake up call and commute to work) but suffice to say I think we have ICS up and running despite Arnova

Comment

Originally posted by pswartout View Post
          Bob,

Just finished the flash and my good old 9 G2 has booted up with ... drum roll please .. no problems what so ever. I have set up wifi and can browse the interwebs and I'm very very happy. OK there's no way to install anything but what the hell - it's working!!!! and it's quite responsive

Not too sure I'll be able to do much else tonight (it's almost 00:30 and I need to get a few hours sleep before the 06:30 wake up call and commute to work) but suffice to say I think we have ICS up and running despite Arnova

Fantastic !!!!
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

Proof

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	428930

Comment

To bad you cant stay up longer.... my full ROOT ROM Finless V 1.0 is done!

I am uploading it now!

Then I need test users for my full ROOT plus Gplay V1.2. So anyone wanting to sign up.... lets here it!

Bob

P.S. does this ROM need a debloat! It's a freakin MESS with stuff left over from old Gingerbread. I see several releases in the next few days hoenstly...

Bob

Comment

Never mind... my FULL ROOT is not working right...

Stay tuned... Seems Arnova is doing something different this time around!

Bob

Comment

OK... it's going to take more time to root this ROM.... Seems Arnova checks some things they did not before! You cannot make boot.img the old way period!

So now... more time needed to crack this nut!

Bob

Comment

OK I got it... it's rooted!

What a different boot.img.... Had to learn how to do it all over again. But it works.

Stay tuned for Finless ROM 1.0 full root!

Then if there is interest, I will add working Google Play. You cannot use the files from Gingerbread! Some of them are system files and they need to be compiled against the proper framework-res. So you guys can try to install Gplay but you will need proper Gplay files. It can be very frustrating trust me!

Bob

Comment

Sorry to go off-topic but I can't wait to flash a working 10 G2 ROM! Thank you for all the work you've put and continue to put into this tablet! Because of you a junk toy has turned into a legitimately useful tool.

Comment

Working...
                      X