Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless 1.5D - Original Kernel Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless 1.5D - Original Kernel Version

OK this is a Special ROM release of my 1.5 ROM. This is the OLDER 10G2 kernel and system files. This is NOT using the "philly" kernel from Arnova but the original 10G2 kernel.

For details of my 1.5 ROM release see this post:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ss-Version-1-5

So what is this ROM you ask?

1) A few people have had problems with 3G stick support that worked on my 1.4 ROM non-philly kernel.
    2) Another user had problems implementing OpenVPN on my 1.5 Philly kernel

Both of these issues should have had nothing to do with 1.5 Debloat as all I did in 1.5 was use the newer "philly" kernel and resource LIBS, and I removed BLOAT.

But it appears the "philly" kernel while it fixed some things BROKE other things! Thats too bad really.

So this is a non-"philly" 1.5 release using the original Arnova 10 G2 kernel and LIBs... I am calling this ROM version 1.5D. Here is the download:

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 Finless Version 1.5D ROM - Older Kernel (200 megs)

I hope this works for you all and pleas elte me know,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-25-2012, 22:14.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK this is a Special ROM release of my 1.5 ROM. This is the OLDER 10G2 kernel and system files. This is NOT using the "philly" kernel from Arnova but the original 10G2 kernel.

For details of my 1.5 ROM release see this post:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ss-Version-1-5

So what is this ROM you ask?

1) A few people have had problems with 3G stick support that worked on my 1.4 ROM non-philly kernel.
    2) Another user had problems implementing OpenVPN on my 1.5 Philly kernel

Both of these issues should have had nothing to do with 1.5 Debloat as all I did in 1.5 was use the newer "philly" kernel and resource LIBS, and I removed BLOAT.

But it appears the "philly" kernel while it fixed some things BROKE other things! Thats too bad really.

So this is a non-"philly" 1.5 release using the original Arnova 10 G2 kernel and LIBs... I am calling this ROM version 1.5D. Here is the download:

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 Finless Version 1.5D ROM - Older Kernel (200 megs)

I hope this works for you all and pleas elte me know,
    Bob
    Thanks Bob.
    I'll give this a try and let you know - probably be at the weekend though.
    By that time we may have your new rom of course so may move to that one!

Thanks

Comment

1.5D rom installed and working well - just as fast as the previous 1.5 and the 3G works!!
      Only issues are the wireless tether doesn't work and neither does Flash 11. No big deal though as the changes to enable those must be in the newer kernel.

Thanks for this though Bob and look forward to 2.0!

Comment

I am not sure it is the kernel or the support files (libraries). It maybe a combination of both or not. If I had a 3G stick I bet I could nail it down along with the open VPN issues.

I am using the philly kernel in my 2.0 ROM because of the fixes in it. Lets see if 3G sticks work on it. If not, I can make you a 2.0 with older kernel.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Works Great!!!!!

This is the the best ROM I've had on my Arnova 10 G2. It is stable and faster than all the other ones I have tested. It also allows you to play almost all the games on Google Play. My old ROM would fail whenever I tried to play Temple Run. It would just close by itself. With this one it works without a hitch. Thx for all the great work and development you're doing. I can't wait till you can get an ICS ROM for us.

Comment

Hi!

It's my first post and I would like to thank to finless and other developers his great work suporting this device.

And a question, just to be sure: This 1.5d is the last version abailable that suports 3g sticks, isn´t it?

Sorry for my poor english.

Comment

Great ROM

At long last I've got this process sussed. Just in case anyone else out there has struggled to get their Arnova 10g2 running like it should, the key part is below:

Plug the power cable and USB cable into your Arnova 10 G2. You should plug the other end of the USB cable into the computer and the power into the wall socket. Stick a paperclip into the reset slot and hold the reset button down.Push and hold the Volume + key. So now you are depressing the reset button and the Volume + button. Wait 15 seconds and release the reset button, but still hold the Volume + key.Give the device a few moments to cycle on. The screen will remain black. This black screen is the only visual proof that the Arnova is in recovery mode. You can release the Volume + button.

You must have the power cable in even it your tablet is well charged. The screen remaining black is the recovery mode and NOT as I kept on thinking like my Android phones where you have a typically blue font clockwork mod type screen with various options headed up Recover 1.37 or another number. You need to get a black screen to be in recovery mode. Then the rockchip batch tool will recognise the tablet once you have connected the tablet to the PC via USB cable and it will show as connected within the rockchip batch tool program.

Hope this helps anyone who was banging their head against the wall as I was for quite a while!!

Comment

ICS made by others like arctablet

I tried arctablets 4.0 it works but I get lot of force closing and stuff but everything works. I am going to use this rom intill they can fix the programs from crashing.. All your other roms worked great finless so I am sticking with this one intill u come out with a ics

Comment

Originally posted by coldasice0007 View Post
                  I tried arctablets 4.0 it works but I get lot of force closing and stuff but everything works. I am going to use this rom intill they can fix the programs from crashing.. All your other roms worked great finless so I am sticking with this one intill u come out with a ics
                  I just installed fineless 1.5d and it works great and its fast

Comment

Working...
                  X