No announcement yet.

Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 CWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I will be damned! I just went back to Gplay and downloaded Aldiko and it works for me now too.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Just loaded new Gingercomb on Bob and as usual brilliant.

Great Work!!!
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Well I will be damned! I just went back to Gplay and downloaded Aldiko and it works for me now too.

Bob
        lol strange one eh? im now using aldiko sync to sync things up, but yeah - all seems cool so far :-)

update, aldiko sync installs and runs fine, however its a lot of.....rubbish lol great idea, but doesnt work in practice, it says its synching last read state etc...but doesnt actually effect anything. so....not a problem for bob or the rom, best avoid the app, it sits with an ugly icon in the tray (even though it doesnt auto sync) - most pointless app ever
        Last edited by gsteruk; 06-17-2012, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
          lol strange one eh? im now using aldiko sync to sync things up, but yeah - all seems cool so far :-)

update, aldiko sync installs and runs fine, however its a lot of.....rubbish lol great idea, but doesnt work in practice, it says its synching last read state etc...but doesnt actually effect anything. so....not a problem for bob or the rom, best avoid the app, it sits with an ugly icon in the tray (even though it doesnt auto sync) - most pointless app ever
          FWIW, I only use Aldiko as a reader and it has run fine, although it misbehaved when installed via app_injector on 1.5, 2.0a and 2.1 on both the 10 and the 10B. I downloaded *just* the reader from Google Play and it ran fine on 2.0a and I expect will likewise on 2.1 (which is rebooting after terminal apk restore as I write this).
          Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
          HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
          Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Excellent ROM!!!

I havent run into any problems with any of my apps.

Only one thing. I've been getting a phantom alarm clock sound after 30 min to an hour on screen lock. I cant find where to shut it off.

Sent via my A10G2
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Ha! CWM BETA 2 works much better!

You guys. Unlike my CWM BETA 1, this CWM will restore boot.img!

I have been flashing ICS ROMs all day trying to see how to port ICS to the G2. Boot.img now fully restores!

That is... if you flash some other ROM you can use CWM to completely restore except kernel.img! So if you try some other ROM and dont like it, just flash the following using the RKAndroid flash tool in my 2.1 ROM kit:

From my my Rom kit 2.1 flash
              Recovery.img
              Kernel.img
              Misc.img

DONE! The beauty is flashing just these parts takes ONLY seconds! Then you will reboot into recovery. Do a CWM full recovery and ENJOY!

I now can also successfully SWAP between 2.0 and 2.1 with no issues at all!

So you guys please understand what this gives you. You can setup a performance LOW APP setup for just use... Then back that up using CWM. Now flash the 2.1 ROM and setup a GAME MACHINE! Back that up in CWM. Then make whatever setup you want for other setups. THEN.... and this is totaly cool.... use CWM to swap to these setups damn fast!

I am loving CWM now guys... it totally to me, as a Dev, is making it super easy to get my tablet back up FAST after testing ROMs as I develop....

What use to take a LONG time flashing back my full ROM, using titanium, etc... now is MUCH faster!

Enjoy,
              Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Great rom ! thanks

1 thing, how can I get the Notification Bar to stay ? When playing games I cannot get back to the homescreen cause I don't have a home button

Comment

Originally posted by Nick502 View Post
                  Great rom ! thanks

1 thing, how can I get the Notification Bar to stay ? When playing games I cannot get back to the homescreen cause I don't have a home button
                  Have you got Button Saviour running? If so there should be a little arrow on the right hand side of the screen. Click that and it should open a tool bar and you can choose 'Home' amongst other things from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick502 View Post
                    Great rom ! thanks

In this Rom a program called button saviour is cooked into the Rom. If you look carefully on the right hand side of your screen there is a small icon in the middle right. Click it and a pop up will appear with a back button, home button etc.

If it is not there than go into the app drawer and click on the program icon for button saviour And allow super user permissions, than it will show the above mentioned icon

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                    </form>

Comment

Thanks for the great rom! Again.

Is there a way to safe remove a usb key with this rom?

I developed a nice app to take a "picture" of installed apps, it's called AppsToMosaic.
                      If you change rom frequently it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mftab View Post
                        Thanks for the great rom! Again.

Is there a way to safe remove a usb key with this rom?

I developed a nice app to take a "picture" of installed apps, it's called AppsToMosaic.
                        If you change rom frequently it helps.
                        Have a read of this thread.

Comment

Great work again! I will update game forum but it seems a few more games might be working with this one.
                          "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Attached Files
                            Last edited by sminky01; 06-17-2012, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by sminky01 View Post
                              Here's the SGS 3 live wallpaper dandylion working on my 10g2 and SGS 2
                              Installed, checked settings, saw

"This application is not intended for use with any other application. This software can't be redistributed whatsoever, and is not for commercial use."

and uninstalled.

If you can find one that's OK for distribution then fair enough but suggest you remove the link from your post.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
                                Installed, checked settings, saw

"This application is not intended for use with any other application. This software can't be redistributed whatsoever, and is not for commercial use."

and uninstalled.

If you can find one that's OK for distribution then fair enough but suggest you remove the link from your post.
                                Ok will do

Comment

Working...
                                X