No announcement yet.

Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 CWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW folks FOR SURE install Flash 11 on this ROM. It far out performs FLash 10.3 that I have with APP injector!

I did a bunch of testing of flash last night and 11 works sweet on this ROM!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

The latest update to words with friends stops it working, so don't download :-(
      It works fine on my Galaxy S though.

sent from my Arnova 10 G2

Comment

yeah i noticed that too, words with friends just totally crashes now, such a shame :-(

Comment

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
          yeah i noticed that too, words with friends just totally crashes now, such a shame :-(
          It's managed to put the old one back ok. Let me know if you need it ;-).

Comment

Camera - not working after firmware 2.1 cwm

Hi.
            2.1 CWM is great!!
            Thanks for the great firmware.
            but.Camera - not working after firmware 2.1 cwm
            it seems that the camera is simply switched off.

arnova writes "cannot connect to camera"

Comment

Hi bob this might sound stupid but is there any way I could tweek the volume control on this rom as I use mine mainly for watching movies on train and tube on way to work and I struggle to here anything over the ambient noise around me by the way I use headphones before anyone tells me to get some

Thanks for your help
              And thanks for this wicked rom I love it
              You have given my arnova a new lease of life

Sent from my ST15i using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by gumbo71 View Post
                Hi bob this might sound stupid but is there any way I could tweek the volume control on this rom as I use mine mainly for watching movies on train and tube on way to work and I struggle to here anything over the ambient noise around me by the way I use headphones before anyone tells me to get some

Thanks for your help
                And thanks for this wicked rom I love it
                You have given my arnova a new lease of life

Sent from my ST15i using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
                Hi gumbo

Try this app from the Playstore

Not sure if it will help but you can give it a try

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS
                Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                </form>

Comment

Originally posted by aazzaazzell View Post
                  Hi.
                  2.1 CWM is great!!

Odd, the camera works fine for me! In fact I spent quite a bit of time getting it to work on this ROM. Makes me wonder if there is possible different hardware Arnova 10G2's out there.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Odd, the camera works fine for me! In fact I spent quite a bit of time getting it to work on this ROM. Makes me wonder if there is possible different hardware Arnova 10G2's out there.

Bob
                    Yes camera works here too

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aazzaazzell View Post
                      Hi.
                      2.1 CWM is great!!

Have you injected the stock galley app with the app injector program? Think that has some connection to the camera

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS
                      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                      </form>

Comment

Odd, the camera works fine for me! In fact I spent quite a bit of time getting it to work on this ROM. Makes me wonder if there is possible different hardware Arnova 10G2's out there. Bob
                        Loving 2.1 Bob. Just tried camera, and it worksfor me(injected gallery) although video doesn't work...I hit record..it beeps then nothing It looks like it tries though I see the 0.00.00 flash and disappear. Everything else I can think of works perfectly(haven't tried cwm I'll probably just screw it up). You the man!

Comment

Originally posted by arc555arc View Post
                          Loving 2.1 Bob. Just tried camera, and it worksfor me(injected gallery) although video doesn't work...I hit record..it beeps then nothing It looks like it tries though I see the 0.00.00 flash and disappear. Everything else I can think of works perfectly(haven't tried cwm I'll probably just screw it up). You the man!
                          Yes this is something I cannot fix for some reason. If I fix it for video then it wont take a picture. I tried for days to fix this. However other APPs that use video will work e.g. skype (the old version) and some camera apps for GPlay will take video correctly! So it is just this specific camera APP that came with the cube that wont work with Arnova kernel. I also tried the Arnova camera APK and it wont work either. Later I may see if I can get Miklaus to recompile the Arnova camera APP for the Cube framework.
                          Sorry that is the only bug I was unable to fix. Your the first to notice it though

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daviwal View Post
                            It's managed to put the old one back ok. Let me know if you need it ;-).

thanks for the offer, luckily i still had an older version lol what i noticed though is.....i installed the older version over the top of the new version (didnt uninstall the new non working version), and it seems that i have the newer interface and splash screen - but it works. quite strange, but not so unusual if they arent checking file versions as the app runs. but does seem to work well :-)

Comment

Yes this is something I cannot fix for some reason. If I fix it for video then it wont take a picture. I tried for days to fix this. However other APPs that use video will work e.g. skype (the old version) and some camera apps for GPlay will take video correctly! So it is just this specific camera APP that came with the cube that wont work with Arnova kernel. I also tried the Arnova camera APK and it wont work either. Later I may see if I can get Miklaus to recompile the Arnova camera APP for the Cube framework. Sorry that is the only bug I was unable to fix. Your the first to notice it though Bob
                              lol....that's weird. No worries here doesn't bother me. Once again....loving 2.1 Your the bee's knees....(haven't said/heard that one in a awhile)

Comment

If you want to speed up your surfing, I would like to recommend a browser I have downloaded, called Opera Mini Next. It is really fast with the Gingercomb rom. :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
                                X