Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 CWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daviwal View Post
    If you want to speed up your surfing, I would like to recommend a browser I have downloaded, called Opera Mini Next. It is really fast with the Gingercomb rom. :thumbup:

sent from my Arnova 10 G2
    Don't find it any quicker than opera mobile and next dont support flash

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Comment

Great work Bob, love the ROM!!

Thanks Bob for your hard work on this ROM, it's much appreciated. This was my first attempt at using a custom ROM and glad I did it! Not only did I not brick my G2, but it is running better than ever now!!

Couple of questions for the group

Has any one managed to get BBC iPlayer working yet? I am having the same problem as others mentioned, sound but just a blank screen?

Which version of Skype works with this ROM? It mentioned in one thread 'the old version'

Comment

Originally posted by simon_ae View Post
        Thanks Bob for your hard work on this ROM, it's much appreciated. This was my first attempt at using a custom ROM and glad I did it! Not only did I not brick my G2, but it is running better than ever now!!

Couple of questions for the group

Has any one managed to get BBC iPlayer working yet? I am having the same problem as others mentioned, sound but just a blank screen?

Which version of Skype works with this ROM? It mentioned in one thread 'the old version'
        Just watch iPlayer from a web browser, the IPlayer app is buggy as hell, on many platforms that why it has such a poor rating in the Playstore

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

agreed, theres no benefit to using the app versus watching it in the browser, they both use flash obviously and the apps tend to have higher overheads than the browser :-)

Comment

BBC iPlayer

Noobie here.... I had a look in app management.... installed Flash.... rebooted..... iPlayer worked!... After a fashion anyway, I'll get me coat.

Comment

Originally posted by a5rgb View Post
              Noobie here.... I had a look in app management.... installed Flash.... rebooted..... iPlayer worked!... After a fashion anyway, I'll get me coat.
              Well done lol don't work for us but works great in browser so not a big problem

Comment

Originally posted by a5rgb View Post
                If u mean by after a fashion that it loads and plays audio only then....thats still not really workin, likewise ill stick to the browser

Comment

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
                  If u mean by after a fashion that it loads and plays audio only then....thats still not really workin, likewise ill stick to the browser
                  Yes was going to say was it just the sound as we all got that but black screen lol

Comment

From 1.5 to this!

Bob, yet again, you continue to amaze me. This ROM is fast, responsive, and the look of Honeycomb makes it that much better. Plus adding in CWM is a major advantage. I have only really had minimal app compatibility issues, but one of the main ones is the gallery. Whenever I open it it displays all the pictures as though I'm tilting the tablet. The only way I've found to fix this is to lay the tablet flat. Also, I've had the tablet randomly drop the NAND memory during a hot reboot twice now, showing that I have no memory or apps installed, and I've had to replace all the app icons on the home screens both times because they don't refresh after I reset the device. I've since backed up my launcher's settings, but I'm a little afraid to hot reboot the system anymore because of this. Any ideas?

Comment

Being rooted is a double edge sword and hot boots are a NO NO!!!!
                      If the system has a file open or is writing and you hot reboot, you just hosed the file system and Android is not as robust about repairing it on it's own! On top of the most the time you hot reboot you will corrupt the SDcard since it is fat 32.

You should ONLY hot reboot if your locked up and have no choice!

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Argh gamelofts lets golf 2 doesnt work, the video at the start loops about twice then crashes. Ah well, such is life :-)

Comment

Argh gamelofts lets golf 2 doesnt work, the video at the start loops about twice then crashes. Ah well, such is life :-)
                          Is this a free game I can download and try to see if I can find out why?

Bob

Comment

Afraid not bob, lets golf 3 is available, but not 2 any longer

Comment

Afraid not bob, lets golf 3 is available, but not 2 any longer
                              Was the V2 APK you have a free game and you could send it to me? If it was paid, forget it. If it was free then you can send it directly to me and I can see why it doesnt work.

Bob

Comment

afraid its a paid one bob, not to worry, ill try v3 and see if thats any different, cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X