Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 CWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
    afraid its a paid one bob, not to worry, ill try v3 and see if thats any different, cheers
    Version 3 is availible for free download

"Freemium game! Download and play 5 holes every day for FREE or buy energy boosts to play anytime you want!" per Play Store. Did you get it to work? If not, maybe we can do a Logcat for Bob to look at.
    "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer819 View Post
      Version 3 is availible for free download

"Freemium game! Download and play 5 holes every day for FREE or buy energy boosts to play anytime you want!" per Play Store. Did you get it to work? If not, maybe we can do a Logcat for Bob to look at.
      havent tried v3 just yet, i will do soon, been out of the loop for a while. its strange though, only app ive had a problem with so far....

Comment

Thanks Bob

Hi Bob,

I've only had my Arnova 10 g2 for a week and have found the standard image clunky and slow.

I just wanted to say thanks very much for your hard work, my tablet has been unshackled! it runs like a dream and the honeycomb interface ( I think thats what it's called) is much better.

I'm gonna head over to arnova's website to contribute to getting them to release the source code as per your other thread.

Thanks again.

James

Comment

In what has got to be the most ironic thing about GingerComb, I installed Appslib because the PMN version came with "free" QuickOffice Pro, but now when I run it it, it tells me the device isn't compatible!

Is that because the build.prop identifies it as other than an Arnova 10 G2 to get the Honeycomb front end working?
          Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
          HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
          Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
            In what has got to be the most ironic thing about GingerComb, I installed Appslib because the PMN version came with "free" QuickOffice Pro, but now when I run it it, it tells me the device isn't compatible!

Is that because the build.prop identifies it as other than an Arnova 10 G2 to get the Honeycomb front end working?
            Yes it is build.prop that is doing that. It is expecting to see an ARN10G2 and instead is seeing a Gallaxy Tab.
            So would your rather have the MOST Google Apps showing up in the market and being compatible? Or do you want Apps lib?

I hear tell there is a new apps lib2 that may work but I have not tried it.

FYI, App Injector should give you back your office Pro that came with the PWM. It worked for me.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Yes it is build.prop that is doing that. It is expecting to see an ARN10G2 and instead is seeing a Gallaxy Tab.
              So would your rather have the MOST Google Apps showing up in the market and being compatible? Or do you want Apps lib?

I hear tell there is a new apps lib2 that may work but I have not tried it.

FYI, App Injector should give you back your office Pro that came with the PWM. It worked for me.

Bob
              Thanks, but that's Office Suite Pro, not Quick Office. It's okay, I agree I'd prefer the compatibility you've enabled with the build.prop switch.

Sent into the innertubes from my Rezound via Tapatalk
              Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
              HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
              Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Will this rom work for the 10b g2 or will that have to be a different rom? I just bought the Arnova 10b G2 Dual Touch and i hate it til i put the 1.5 rom of yours. I wanted the 7 g3 with ICS but the store didnt have it so i thought how hard can it be to get ics on this on lol guess i should have done my research first

Comment

Yes it works BUT you must use the kernel.img from my 1.5 10b G2 ROM.

So download this 2.1 kit and open the /image folder and delete kernel.img
                  Then open the 1.5 10b G2 ROM kit and copy the kernel.img from that into the 2.1 /image folder.

Now you can flash 2.1 and be happy and enjoy my 2.1 ROM on your 10b G2.

Later I will make a downloadable 2.1 ROM where you do not have to swap the kernel.img but that is really all it will be. Same 2.1 ROM but with the 10b G2 kernel file.

Bob

Comment

Cool thx alot ill give it a try!

Comment

Got it installed but no touch. Ill keep playing around and see if not ill put 1.5 back on! Thanks a bunch

Comment

orionkb: Your 10bg2 is resistive or capacitive screen?
                        I have one 10bg2 capacitive to try it, i'm downloading now. i'll post the results later

Comment

Well, after flashing i can tell you that it works!!! better than 1.5
                          wifi, google account, touchscreen, camera...

Comment

I have the resistive but when i bought it i didnt know anything about them lol now i hear the capacitive is better nice on getting yours to work!! Looks nice on mine just have to get the touch to work

Comment

Ooops sorry orionkb, that tip about the kernel was for the 10b G2 capactive screen. I have to make you a special ROM for the resistive. Should be soon!

Bob

Comment

No worries thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                                X