Arnova 10G2 ICS port - PREVIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arnova 10G2 ICS port - PREVIEW

Yes, I hope it won't be too long. They said in a few days but 2 weeks have passed with no news.

Comment

The first ics rom for arnova 10g2 has been published today in the arctablet forum.

Comment

I tried it. It works very well.

Randy
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Wow there is still life in the Arnova 10G2 ! Seems a lifetime ago that I had mine
          Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

Yeah, I had to dig mine out of the stack of old tablets I have.

My daughter quit using it because it "didnt look like ICS". Maybe she'll start using it again.

I was worried ICS would bog it down way too much, but it doesn't. I haven't run any benchmarks but it seems about as fast as it was.

Wifi is good (I was always impressed with this tablet's wifi...better than any tablet I have owned since) It has a working CWM (after you erase cache on the first boot). I have noticed some apps that aren't compatible in Play Store. Most of the must have apps work. I have not checked Netflix. The full size USB plug was always a feature I missed with the newer tablets.

Be patient because the first boot to the system takes a REALLY long time.

I won't publish it...but if anyone wants it, I made a flash kit using the Finless flash tool from the 2.2b ROM. Just PM me and I will give you a link. I plan on adding a bootanimation from Tattman65 to suit our taste that is better than the generic Arnova in block letters. It isn't a Freaktab ROM, but kudos to the Arctablet developer who made it. It was time definitely worth spent.

Bringing new life to some of these older tablets is something we must not forget about...but once the manufacturers quit upgrading firmware it takes someone smarter than me to keep the ball rolling. It is not a gaming rig by any means of the imagination, but it is handy to carry around to surf the internet and stuff.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Antutu score is 3009.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Do you have antutu score with 2.3.1 rom?

Might be interesting to know...

Comment

I can't really remember. It is documented somewhere in the archives of old G2 threads here on Freaktab...but I haven't looked for it.

Tatty, if you still have Bob's ROM loaded, could you run an Antutu test to compare?
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    I can't really remember. It is documented somewhere in the archives of old G2 threads here on Freaktab...but I haven't looked for it.

Tatty, if you still have Bob's ROM loaded, could you run an Antutu test to compare?
                    sure i'll run one when i get home
                    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

ok so i got a benchmark of 2293 not really running any apps .
                      freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Dear Bob, what do you think about LolloBean 1.0 - Jelly Bean 4.1.Bean 1.0 - Jelly bean 4.1.1 http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...ly-bean-4-1-1/ ?
                        Arnova 10 G2 & finless' 2.2b PRO

Comment

Working...
                        X