Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V6 Supercharge! Init.d scripts can be enabled. Anyone want it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6 Supercharge! Init.d scripts can be enabled. Anyone want it?

Well folks... not sure how many care about this "top end hacker stuff"

A while ago I found out how to turn on init.d scripts on Arnova Tablets. It's been disabled by Arnova. I figured this out a while ago but never put it in a ROM because I never really wanted to use it nor did I want people screwing up and thinking it is a ROM issue.

But now I got the time to finally play with something I have been wanting to play with.
    It's called V6 SuperCharge! Read about it here if you interested.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Anyway to get it to work I had to install the cm7 xbin files, update to a better busybox, update SU and Superuser (yes AGAIN! ), and enable init.d and a few other mods. But it is now working 100%!

So now to see about interest in this before I go farther, it will require a new ROM flash from me. It will probably be my version 2.2 Gingercomb. Again I had to update all kinds of binaries and put the sh binary in boot.img. So sorry it's going to be a new ROM.
    I have not tested yet but I think it will be very possible to do a CWM restore of /data and /cache and get back all your stuff easily! The changes to the ROM should not really effect you user stuff. BUT again I have not tested it!

Now the new ROM does not effect ANYTHING unless you want to:
    1) Run V6 Supercharger
    2) Run custom scripts on startup
    If you don't want to mess with that stuff, the 2.2 ROM will be the same performance as the 2.1 ROM just a better busyox and Super User app.... If you don't even care about that... Then you wont want 2.2

ANYWAY....... So how many out there are interested? I setup a POLL to fin out

Bob
    Yes please.... I want init.d script support bad!
    84.00%
    No.... too geeky for me but thanks for asking!
    16.00%

The poll is expired.

"Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

OK I will be releasing a 2.2 Pro ROM for the Arnova 10 G2 (to start).

This ROM wont be for everyone. It is for the geeks out there
    e.g. people that want V6 Super Charger to work and/or setup thier own scripts in init.d

So I will be looking for some nerds to BETA test this new ROM.

It will have these changes over 2.1
    New busybox to support init.d properly!
    New BIN and XBIN files again to support V6 super charger and init.d scripting
    A new SU and Superuser from this XDA post:
    THIS IS AN OLD THREAD Stable releases have moved to the new thread here: http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/stable-2016-09-01supersu-v2-78-release-t3452703 ------------------------------------------------------------- SuperSU is the Superuser...

I am using this new SU and superuser (from Chainfire not from ChainsDD) because I cannot get all scripts to run correctly on those old versions. Everything seems to work perfect with this XDA version.

So stay tuned!

Bob

Comment

i have read the topic and as far as i understand it will give a great boost on management the background apps and other stuff
      if so that should be interesting

Comment

Hi Bob,

Would definately want this in the rom - I have been installing it everytime ive been flashing your phone, installing Busybox 1.82 and using Script Manager to install the scripts.

I have been using the scripts on my Desire HD on the Sense 3 and Sense 3.5 roms and has always made a difference to Battery and speed.

Thanks
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by silversurfers25 View Post
          Hi Bob,

Would definately want this in the rom - I have been installing it everytime ive been flashing your phone, installing Busybox 1.82 and using Script Manager to install the scripts.

I have been using the scripts on my Desire HD on the Sense 3 and Sense 3.5 roms and has always made a difference to Battery and speed.

Thanks
          Dave
          OK so wait..... The arnova is missing many sym links to busybox 1.82 in Xbin and bin. Are you saying you have been able to install busybox 1.82 and the V6 supercharger works? e.g. it worked on my 1.5 ROM for instance?

Bob

Comment

I would love to be able to run Supercharger at boot. Now I have to run a script after boot, and it only gets me 50% supercharged.

Dumped down the innertubes from my Arnova 10 G2.
            Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
            HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
            Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
              I would love to be able to run Supercharger at boot. Now I have to run a script after boot, and it only gets me 50% supercharged.

Dumped down the innertubes from my Arnova 10 G2.
              With my new mods.... I get 100% supercharged and is "sticks" on a reboot....

This is why I asked sliversurfer the details. It cant be just a updated busybox! At least not on Arnova's. They purposely cripled the kernel to NOT allow init.d.... Harold this is exacty why you only get 50% supercharged!

But I now have it all working. I just need to do some more testing before I release a ROM on this. I also want it to be generic for all Arnova's like my 2.1 ROM. In fact all RK29's

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                OK I will be releasing a 2.2 Pro ROM for the Arnova 10 G2 (to start).

This ROM wont be for everyone. It is for the geeks out there
                e.g. people that want V6 Super Charger to work and/or setup thier own scripts in init.d

So I will be looking for some nerds to BETA test this new ROM.

It will have these changes over 2.1
                New busybox to support init.d properly!
                New BIN and XBIN files again to support V6 super charger and init.d scripting
                A new SU and Superuser from this XDA post:
                THIS IS AN OLD THREAD Stable releases have moved to the new thread here: http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/stable-2016-09-01supersu-v2-78-release-t3452703 ------------------------------------------------------------- SuperSU is the Superuser...

I am using this new SU and superuser (from Chainfire not from ChainsDD) because I cannot get all scripts to run correctly on those old versions. Everything seems to work perfect with this XDA version.

So stay tuned!

Bob
                I haven't sold my second 10G2 yet so I definitely have a test tab upon which to work when you have a beta ready to roll.
                Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Working...
                X