X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 10b G2 Capacitive - Finless Bob's "GingerComb" ROM Version 2.1 CWM

UPDATE July 10, 2012

I have updated this ROM based on feedback and bugs found;

This is still my 2.1 ROM but the new ROM is 2.1a. It has the following fixes in it:
    1) System space has been increased from 240mb to 300mb. This is because the standard APP Injector package would not fit on /system.
    2) WPA_supplicant was updated to support ADHOC network connections.

The download link below has been updated so the file name is 2.1a.

That is all. If you do not need more system space or adhoc wifi, then there is no reason to update to this ROM.
    However with that said, you CAN update and use a backup in CWM to do a "advanced" restore of the data and cache areas. Thus you should not loose all your APPS, etc.

If you want to try this approach, do not erase IDB and only flash system.img. If the system does not work right... well sorry. Just do a full reflash and erase IDB. I cannot test every scenario of apps installed. But again I do believe you can flash system.img alone and still be OK.

Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000002.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	438127 Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000003.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	438128

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000004.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	438129 Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000005.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	438130

Ok folks. With the success of my "Gingercomb" ROM for the 10G2, I am now releasing this same ROM for the
    Arnova 10b G2 Capacitive Screen.

BETA Testing was successful!

Below is my stock description for Gingercomb and the download links below that.

2.1 is really my 2.0 with all of the fixes found to date and I have added Clockwork Mod. Now the testing of CWM was odd I must say. Most it worked for. Some had problems which I cannot repeat myself. It works for me 100%. Heck I can even flash 2.1 and restore 2.0 with no problems at all and visa versa.

Remember though. If you backup say 1.5 and flash 2.1 and try to restore, YOU WILL be back on 1,5 if you do a full restore! This is because it writes boot.img and system.img BACK! This is in fact how CWM is suppose to work folks! If you want to try a "advanced" restore and restore your data and setting you can try it. Do an advanced restore and ONLY restore data and cache. If it does not work well... thats the way it goes! CWM is never a 100% gaurentee when you try to restore from different ROMs.

Now for those that dont want to use CWM.... Don't! It will not effect how the ROM works at all! Just on first boot after flash you will get the CWM menu. Select reboot now. DONE... you will never see CWM menu again unless you want to.

Want to know more about what CWM is? Read this:
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...omplete-guide/

Also in the new APP Injector package is Petrus' reboot app. Install this if you want to reboot into recovery from the OS. Other apps wont do it for reasons I have gone into before. It's how Arnova decided to remove support for recovery from the kernel.

And more good news! I got permission from the maker of Button Savior! So that is now cooked into the ROM as a system app

OK for those that do not know what 2.1 is and want to know before flashing:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...OM-Version-2-0

Ok with all that said, here is the 2.1 ROM:

10b G2 Capacitive Screen

ROM -> Arnova 10b G2 Capacitive - "GingerComb" Finless 2.1 CWM ROM (215 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!
    Damo - Forum Moderator

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE LINK BELOW

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You
    Last edited by Finless; 10-23-2014, 15:23.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Another update guys.

I just found out why when you select ALL in APP Injector, some /system apps were not getting installed. The reason is I was not giving enough space to /system and it filled up. So the final ROM will have 300mb of system space which should be plenty for all APPs as well as stuff you guys may want to install there later.

I will have an update out later today!

Bob

Comment

UPDATE July 10, 2012

I have updated this ROM based on feedback and bugs found;

This is still my 2.1 ROM but the new ROM is 2.1a. It has the following fixes in it:
      1) System space has been increased from 240mb to 300mb. This is because the standard APP Injector package would not fit on /system.
      2) WPA_supplicant was updated to support ADHOC network connections.

That is all. If you do not need more system space or adhoc wifi, then there is no reason to update to this ROM.
      However with that said, you CAN update and use a backup in CWM to do a "advanced" restore of the data and cache areas. Thus you should not loose all your APPS, etc.

If you want to try this approach, do not erase IDB and only flash system.img. If the system does not work right... well sorry. Just do a full reflash and erase IDB. I cannot test every scenario of apps installed. But again I do believe you can flash system.img alone and still be OK.

The download link in the first post of this thread has been updated. Click it and you will now get 2.1a ROM.

Bob

Comment

Slow Delphin HD

Hi,

First, let me congratulate you for your ROM. It is incomparably better than the original one. To me, it is switching from a barely usable tablet to a comfortable one. I let a small amount of money with your "Donation" tab a few days ago.

Despite the qualities of the ROM, I think that Dolphin HD is rather slow. Every time I press something in Dolphin HD, either a link or sliding the window, there is a small delay before the browser reacts making navigating uncomfortable. I guess that this is due to hardware limitations but do you know any means to accelerate the OS. For example, can using another launcher such as GO Launcher Ex influence the speed of a piece of software such as Dolphin HD?

I found a bug in Swype, an alternative keyboard. Clicking the "Resize keyboard" button triggers a bug on the tablet. The keyboard is resized but it does not respond anymore making the keyboard unusable. I am going to report the bug on the Swipe Web site but I wonder whether you are using that piece of software and found a solution.

Thanks again for your ROM.

Comment

I find dolphin very slow anyway

Try Boat Browser or Opera mini

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

I am trying Boat Browser on my smartphone before putting it on the tablet. It is amazingly fast.

Comment

Calibration error

I've just install this rom but I'm having an error on the screen.
              On first boot the screen is not responding, I do a reset and works, after switck off i doesn't work, and need a reset to make it work again.

Any sugestions.

Comment

Originally posted by priamov View Post
                I've just install this rom but I'm having an error on the screen.
                On first boot the screen is not responding, I do a reset and works, after switck off i doesn't work, and need a reset to make it work again.

Any sugestions.
                When you flash the Rom when it reboots you need to reboot again immediately or your screen gets corrupted. If you didn't do this than re flash and start again.

Remember on the flash tool select the loader add erase Idb before you start

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                </form>

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much!
                  I just bought a Arnova 10b G2 and installed your rom and it's just great!

Comment

It's great!

Thanks, it's great!
                    Just one question, sorry if it's dumb. Now tablet seems to discharge faster. Battery use (not accesible form About device menu, it's ok?) shows that main part of charge was used by mobile radio (mobile standby), and "time without signal" is 100%. Is it ok? cuz I don't have any modem connected to my tablet

Comment

These mobile network settings can be switched off in the WiFi settings. There is on battery info included in the settings we have one of our devs looking into this but if you install Anycut from the market you can create a shortcut on your homescreen that will give you that battery usage information

</form>

Comment

Sorry I didn't mention this in my first message, I already turned off everything related to mobile network. May be it is this mobile network includes wi-fi usage? I'll try not to use wi-fi and see if mobile network will use main part of the charge.

Comment

Hello Bob, Everything is fine, with this new 2.1 it works faster than previous one and i can also play with Ice Age Village from "google play". Aldiko premium works well too, the hacked one of course .
                          I want to thank you for you and your team as usual you do a good job
                          You deserve to go on vacation this summer

Comment

After the 1.5 ROM I put the 2.1 for my father in law. The result is fantastic. I have checked a little bit the stability of the system and several people have used it here during a few days without problems. Thanks a lot for the ROM.

Comment

Will the 2.2 build come to this tablet? I would really like initi.d support for the scripts :-)

YOU ROCK!

Comment

Working...
                              X