Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 10b G2 Resisitive - Finless Bob's "GingerComb" ROM Version 2.1 CWM - Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 10b G2 Resisitive - Finless Bob's "GingerComb" ROM Version 2.1 CWM - Final

Arnova 10bG2 Resisitive BETA is over!

If you want o read about the BETA testing go here:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-2-1-CWM-BETA3

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000002.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	438123 Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000003.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	438124

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000005.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	438126 Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000004.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	438125

This is the launch version.
    The changes over the BETA 3 are:
    1) Added more space to /system for APP Injector and system APPS. This went from 240mb to 300mb.
    2) Added the WPA_Supplicant from my 1.5 ROM which allows connection to ADHOC Wifi networks.
    3) Updated to latest Superuser.apk
    4) Updated the APP Injector package to the lastest updated Google APPs as of July 10, 2012

Everything below else applies.

Ok folks. With the success of my "Gingercomb" ROM for the 10G2, I am now releasing this same ROM for the
    Arnova 10b G2 Resistive Screen

This is ONLY for the Resistive screen model!
    See the 10b G2 Capactive ROM thread if you have the Capacitive Screen model.

Below is my stock description for Gingercomb and the download links below that.

2.1 is really my 2.0 with all of the fixes found to date and I have added Clockwork Mod. Now the testing of CWM was odd I must say. Most it worked for. Some had problems which I cannot repeat myself. It works for me 100%. Heck I can even flash 2.1 and restore 2.0 with no problems at all and visa versa.

Remember though. If you backup say 2.0 and flash 2.1 and try to restore 2.0, YOU WILL be back on 2.0 if you do a full restore! This is because it writes boot.img and system.img BACK! THis is in fact how CWM is suppose to work folks! If you want to try a "advanced" restore and restore your data and setting you can try it. Do an advanced restore and ONLY restore data and cache. If it does not work well... thats the way it goes! CWM is never a 100% gaurentee when you try to restore from different ROMs.

Now for those that dont want to use CWM.... Don't! It will not effect how the ROM works at all! Just on first boot after flash you will get the CWM menu. Select reboot now. DONE... you will never see CWM menu again unless you want to.

Want to know more about what CWM is? Read this:
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...omplete-guide/

Also in the new APP Injector package is Petrus' reboot app. Install this if you want to reboot into recovery from the OS. Other apps wont do it for reasons I have gone into before. It's how Arnova decided to remove support for recovery from the kernel.

And more good news! I got permission from the maker of Button Savior! So that is now cooked into the ROM as a system app

OK for those that do not know what 2.0 is and want to know before flashing 2.1 which again is 2.0 with fixes and CWM, please read this post. In the link below there is also a link to a video showing you what my "GingerComb" rom is if you want to see it in action.

Ok with all that said, here is the 2.1 CWM ROM:

10b G2 Resistive Screen
    ROM -> Arnova 10b G2 Resistive Screen - "GingerComb" Finless 2.1 CWM ROM (215 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 12-07-2014, 20:14.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Yeah Bob,I totally understood what you meant, I know there's no way you could fix it, so when you get around to making me a final version that'll be really cool,I guess I just worded my response wrong, no worries
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

So we can flash this right on top of Beta 3?

Comment

Sure you can its the final version

Comment

Special SYSTEM.IMG for those with resisitive screen hardware issues

OK folks... This is mostly for Tattman
          But if your Arnova 10bG2 Resisitve screen always wants to recalibrate the screen on boot up.... Then this special verison of system.img is for you!
          If you DO NOT HAVE this problem then you do NOT need to download this!

If you want to know WHY this was made, read through the BETA test thread here:
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM

I am not going to give full instructions here. I have provided full instructions in the download
          SO PLEASE READ THEM!

Again and I REPEAT! If your Arnova 10b G2 Resistive Screen model does not ask you to recalibrate the screen on every power on, then YOU DO NOT NEED THIS! Just use my ROM download link above in the first post!

Here is the "Special Tattman Edition" of System.img.....

ROM -> Arnova 10b G2 Resistive Screen - "GingerComb" Finless 2.1 CWM ROM "Special System.img" for problem screens (120 megs)

Enjoy,
          Bob

Comment

THANKS BOB !! you are the coolest. Will flash when I get home from the tattoo shop tonight.I'm fixing to send ya anther donation. I truly appreciate your hard work.

Comment

Well done Bob!! Ill remember you on payday lol Great Job on this rom! Its made this Arnova worth keeping

Comment

Originally posted by orionkb View Post
                Well done Bob!! Ill remember you on payday lol Great Job on this rom! Its made this Arnova worth keeping
                Thank you Orionkb! Enjoy it... If you can't donate I understand.... No worries....

All I really care about is people enjoy my ROMs! I put my heart into them and when someone gets enjoyment from my creation, that gives me the best "Jolly" I can ask for!

My only real ask is.... Spread the word about Freaktab.com!

Bob

Comment

Okie dokie. BOB ,flashed the tattman edition system img. when I got home the good news is my lock screen works like its suppose to. The bad news, my callibration still comes up but its not every time I turn on the tab.just almost. But everything else is great. I am totally happylet me ask this can I leave the vol. Up mapped like it is and uninstall button mapper app? Or is it nessecary. Cause I think ill just leave vol. Up like it is.to be safe. Once again beautiful job, and I think I will take you up on the boot screen. Ill talk to ya about that later

Comment

Bit of update Bob, few hours later tablets fine, but callibrater still comesup lock screen does work like it should,so that's OK I can live with the callibrator.

Comment

Hey Bob,something I forgot to mention you know I've flashed all the versions of 2.1 for my tab,each time I've noticed thatwhen its flashing and gets to writing data to flash then checks data written the numbers of bytes are always different. Like for instance, when I flashed beta 2 I wrote this one down writing data to flash was 278313. Then checking data written was247801 each time I've had differences. Does that make sense to you?

Comment

Yes mine does the same thing. Don't worry about it. If you get a red message error then worry about it.

Bob

Comment

OK cool, just making sure that wasn't an issue thanks.

Comment

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but under the final ROM, a couple of my apps are fc'ing. Most notably Facebook (process com.facebook.katana). Even after I reboot the system. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Dont know... no changes were made that should have effected this. Did you do a CWM restore or something? Some apps that store data on sdcard and in /data dont like to be restored easily from CWM (or titanium backup for that matter).

What you can try is go into settings, manage apps, and select the ALL button at the top. Scroll down and find facebook. Open it. Clear the data and/or cache. Reboot and try again.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X