Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 10b G2 Resisitive - Finless Bob's "GingerComb" ROM Version 2.1 CWM - Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to do that with a few apps for some reason the new rom don't seem to like old data just clear data or do a fresh lnstall.
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Dont know... no changes were made that should have effected this. Did you do a CWM restore or something? Some apps that store data on sdcard and in /data dont like to be restored easily from CWM (or titanium backup for that matter).

What you can try is go into settings, manage apps, and select the ALL button at the top. Scroll down and find facebook. Open it. Clear the data and/or cache. Reboot and try again.

Bob
      Nope, didn't do a CWM recovery. But your suggestion worked like a charm. Cleared data, re-booted, and FB comes up like a champ now. Thanks for the heads-up Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by AndroidLiker View Post
        Nope, didn't do a CWM recovery. But your suggestion worked like a charm. Cleared data, re-booted, and FB comes up like a champ now. Thanks for the heads-up Bob.
        It probably was left over facebook data on your sdcard. I bet if you look at your sdcard there is a folder or something there for facebook. Maybe in the sdcard /data folder or /android folder or even in the root of the sdcard. So when facebook got reinstalled, it got confused with that data left on there.

CRAPPY APP if that happens in my opinion..... But usually clearing data from the APP fixes that.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Brilliant rom finless bob - was using 1.5c but was getting lots of force close errors - was going to re flash but saw you had managed to come out with another amazing new rom - still as fast, even flasher and can't thank you enough

Alex

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            It probably was left over facebook data on your sdcard. I bet if you look at your sdcard there is a folder or something there for facebook. Maybe in the sdcard /data folder or /android folder or even in the root of the sdcard. So when facebook got reinstalled, it got confused with that data left on there.

CRAPPY APP if that happens in my opinion..... But usually clearing data from the APP fixes that.

Bob
            Yeah, I actually have all my apps (with a couple of exceptions) on my SD card. But..., all's well that ends well. Thanks again.

Comment

How to get to Screen Calibration if you need it!

OK some of you may want to re-calibrate your screen after a while. You will notice this is no longer in the "settings" menu. But you CAN get at it.

1) Go to Google Play and download an app called anycut and install it.
              2) Run it and select "new shortcut"
              3) Select Activity
              4) Scroll through the list and find calibration. There might be more than one in the list! If so pick the first on in the list.
              5) Once done this will place a icon on your desktop which you can use to run calibration anytime you need to!
              6) If you had more than one calibration in the anycut list, and the first one you picked force closes or does not work, then repeat steps above and select the 2nd, 3rd, etc in the list.

Bob

Comment

Alright Bob, been playing with my tablet since I flashed it last night. All is well in the land of oz thanks for your persistence. Making this Rom possible for the resistive tablets it was fun And a great learning experience going thru the testing process, my tablets here to test something for ya anytime.I'm working on some images for that boot screen you mentioned. Do you think ics will be possible ever for these tabs?

Don't ya just hate spell check.....

P.s. I've drawn up your tramp stamp. And thanks for the tattman edition system img.
                Last edited by tattman65; 07-13-2012, 06:09.

Comment

Tablets doin great Bob,your a genius. Something went right cause my lock screen does just like its suppose to callibrater still comes up on boot but who cares so I've remapped my vol. Up, and its all good.

And is a clear status bar possible? ?

Comment

Resistive Screen too Sensitive

When I want to scroll up or down the screen often selects the item under my finger at the start of the scroll. What am I doing wrong? Can a column on the right side of the screen be set asside for scrolling? I think this defect has to do with resistive screen - I love GingerComb.

Comment

Welcome to owning a resistive screen! Honeslty they suck once you use a capactive screen.... Sorry to tell you that....

BUT... You can get what is called a "stylus"... Basically a rubber tipped pen.... and that can help.

Bob

Comment

Yeah,your gonna run into alot of that unless you get a stylus I always use it. But the ones with the rubber tip are kinda crappy for it I use one from a Nintendo DS works perfect.

Comment

Hey Bob,got really bored tonight and decided to flash the final version of 2.1 .guess what? So far works like a charm. ! Just as buttery smooth. Don't ask me but everything is great so far ill keep ya posted. You da man

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
                            Hey Bob,got really bored tonight and decided to flash the final version of 2.1 .guess what? So far works like a charm. ! Just as buttery smooth. Don't ask me but everything is great so far ill keep ya posted. You da man
                            Great stuff Tattman. It gets you like that wanting to flash and try out new things

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                            </form>

Comment

Yeah ya know Daman,I had all the craziness goin on with my screen callbrater when we were in testing on this rom and bob ended up making me the tattman edition system img. I figured I'd give the final version a go if it didn't work oh well,go back to the other one.so hey,just another learning experience. Plus my tabs back to normal

Comment

Welcome to the club Tattman you are officially tablet addicted!

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                                Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                                <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                                <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                                https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                                </form>

Comment

Working...
                                X