Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 10b G2 Resisitive - Finless Bob's "GingerComb" ROM Version 2.1 CWM - Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    The app is called Button Savior.

Bob
    thanks, I still have to do the screen calibration every time I power up, but everything else is fine.
    is there a way to fix the calib problem? btw, I use the "Special Tattman Edition" of System.img when I flashed my tablet.

Comment

Thats your problem. The tatman edition was when I was trying to solve the calibration issue. You should be using the download link int he first post as that is the final that should have solved all that.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Thats your problem. The tatman edition was when I was trying to solve the calibration issue. You should be using the download link int he first post as that is the final that should have solved all that.

Bob
        remember I flashed with that image cause the link in the first post game the endless calibration issue too.
        will DL that link, flash again and let you know
        thanks for the quick reply

Comment

Yeah when Bob was trying to help with my calibration issues he made the tattman editon ,but later i flashed the final rom and i never had the problem again, i have not had to run callibration since .
          freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
            Yeah when Bob was trying to help with my calibration issues he made the tattman editon ,but later i flashed the final rom and i never had the problem again, i have not had to run callibration since .
            you are totally right, flashed it again and problem solved.
            thanks for everything

Comment

Where did menu button go?

I know it's been a long time since this ROM was released, but I just got around to installing it today. After failing to calibrate on my first attempt, I got what looks like a working tablet on my second try, but there isn't a menu button. I know in later Android versions the menu button only appears when it is available, but I can't get one to appear ever. What am I missing? Is there a way to mimic the menu button somehow? It doesn't appear in the toolbar, or button savior.

Also, anycut, is no longer available for this tablet through the Play Store. Is there any other way to get the calibrate back without using anycut?

I know it's been awhile, and projects change, memories fade, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by spernoga View Post
                I know it's been a long time since this ROM was released, but I just got around to installing it today. After failing to calibrate on my first attempt, I got what looks like a working tablet on my second try, but there isn't a menu button. I know in later Android versions the menu button only appears when it is available, but I can't get one to appear ever. What am I missing? Is there a way to mimic the menu button somehow? It doesn't appear in the toolbar, or button savior.

Also, anycut, is no longer available for this tablet through the Play Store. Is there any other way to get the calibrate back without using anycut?

I know it's been awhile, and projects change, memories fade, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks in advance,

Bob
                you are correct man, it has been awhile . there should be a button.

not really sure as to why you don't have one.

and button savior does also have a menu button. that might go beyond my current knowledge.

let me direct somebody to your question . ok

Comment

you are correct man, it has been awhile . there should be a button.

not really sure as to why you don't have one.

and button savior does also have a menu button. that might go beyond my current knowledge.

let me direct somebody to your question . ok
                  I figured out the menu button. It was just me not recognizing it was really working. Not enough sleep.

The other thing I noticed that was pretty minor was the ethernet and cell signal strength icons in the notification area. Is there any way to turn them off? I can flip the ethernet settings and make it go away, but it reappears on the next boot. Can't figure how to remove the signal icon, because the setting to turn off the radio doesn't do anything at all. Pretty minor nuisances. 2.1 is a big step up from 1.5. Boot time alone was reason enough to switch.

Comment

hi guys,

i need Help , i try to restore my Arnova 10b G2 to original firmware with no success, all roms i tried on Archos homepage dont work, i got error invalid firmware.

can anyone tell me when can i get original firmware for my Arnova 10b G2?

thank you a lot

Comment

Thanks

Hi,

Just found this build when I was about to give up. The tablet is a lot more responsive with this image. To bad there is still the need to recalibrate, it would be nice if someone would have found a fix for this behaviour..

Thanks.

Comment

I recently flashed this rom and it's definitely a huge improvement over stock firmware.
                        I have a few issues though...

How can i disable the lock screen?
                        The settings in button savior are grayed out, the system setting just adds an additional lock, killing and uninstalling button savior and rk.launcher doesn't help...
                        Which app implemments this lock?

Also, are there any other themes/icon packs for the launcher and the status bar (or whatever it's called - the thing at the bottom with the buttons and notification area) ?

After installing SSHdroid, MyMobiler, Midnight commander, busybox (needed grep and awk to install MC) and a bunch of other apps, the tablet won't power off properly - it just goes to an endless "powering down" animation. I can still do stuff remotely, but the touch screen is blocked by the power down window.
                        After restoring from a backup it was fine, but a few app installs later the same issue occured. I still don't know how/which app breaks it...
                        The reboot app included with the injector can power down the tablet, but i need the normal way working too.

I'll be sending this gadget to my sister who is in another country, so i try to make it as noob-friendly as possible while having some remote control options if anything breaks.

btw. any suggestions for a vpn or dynamic dns app?

[EDIT]
                        Just fixed the shutdown issue - seems that the build of busybox i installed was messing up something, i restored the previous executable from your rom and normal power-off works now... waiting to see if this screwed up anything else...
                        Last edited by RainyShadow; 04-30-2014, 18:29.

Comment

Has anyone managed to sync google calendar in this rom?

I managed to install google calendar but sync options do not get the calendar display.

Thanks a lot for rom. I like it very much.

Sorry for my english.

Comment

Download link

I may be stupid, but cannot find the place to download this version. The link at the start of the threat, does not work....

Comment

Originally posted by jlammers View Post
                              I may be stupid, but cannot find the place to download this version. The link at the start of the threat, does not work....

yes most of our old rom links are broken, but i should have a copy of that one somewhere .

if you want i'll post a link

Comment

Thanks looking forward to it

yes most of our old rom links are broken, but i should have a copy of that one somewhere .

if you want i'll post a link
                                Please do! I may be able to bring back life in my good old Arnova. It is the resistive (dual touch) version I got.

Comment

Working...
                                X