Arnova 7bG2 Capacitive Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 BETA 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bozo2010 View Post
    I did reboot it a few times, could it being dual touch mean anything?

Sent from my AN10BG2DT using Tapatalk 2
    This thread is EXCLUSIVELY for the capacitive rom.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by hellfoot View Post
      i didnt think i am the only remaining guy here who has arnova 7bg2 capacitive device and excited about this new look...

nah...too bad for them!

hellfoot
      I do to, I am trying my best to have a newer ROM with complex languages, also I kept facing error with the old one, when memory reaches some limit the device shuts down and never boot.

I installed the new Cooked rom beta 3 and it is working well, I will check for Arabic language and report.

Good work Bob, and thank you

Bob, you are great man, it supports Arabic too. Thank you very very much
      Last edited by Zeroj; 08-25-2012, 21:35.

Comment

Wifi

Im having similar issues to avbd, Wifi didnt work so I flashed the rom again and it started working but now its stopped again and just shows Error. Iv flashed the rom about 5 times now and still intermitant issues? Any ideas to try?

Comment

Originally posted by pdingle View Post
          Im having similar issues to avbd, Wifi didnt work so I flashed the rom again and it started working but now its stopped again and just shows Error. Iv flashed the rom about 5 times now and still intermitant issues? Any ideas to try?

By the way, regarding the Wifi Error, did that only happen when the tablet rebooted automatically while the wifi is turned on? just curious...

Comment

hello!

i have noticed that everytime i connect the usb cable in the tablet, it freezes and restarts by itself and as soon as it reboots, it always get the error message "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

This keeps on popping out everytime i press force close, even if i restart the tablet, it just keeps on doing it, unless i reflash again the firmware, until such time that this happens again.

I'm just wondering if i am the only one who experience this.

Thanks!
            hellfoot

Comment

Originally posted by hellfoot View Post
              By the way, regarding the Wifi Error, did that only happen when the tablet rebooted automatically while the wifi is turned on? just curious...
              Im not sure, iv been trying to work out when the Wifi works and when it doesn't but theres no rhyme or reason for it? Its definitely more off than on though. It might work for 5 minutes and then fail for the rest of the day?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by pdingle View Post
                Im not sure, iv been trying to work out when the Wifi works and when it doesn't but theres no rhyme or reason for it? Its definitely more off than on though. It might work for 5 minutes and then fail for the rest of the day?!?!
                that's kinda bit strange...hmm...that never happens to me.. are you just trying to use one wifi hotspot? are does this happen all the time to any hotspots?

Comment

Re: Arnova 7bG2 Capacitive Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 BETA 3

You know what,I am now experiencing is wifi doesnt work anymore..what I did before this happened is I just turned off the tablet and when I turned it back on,I get a FC error message when turn on the wifi..I really don't know why...hmmm

Sent from my LG-P705 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Comment

I have have some issues I hope you can help me with. With the V1.4 ROM, I am not getting any sound after rebooting from the initial flash. I followed the instructions for flashing the ROM and performed it multiple times with no success. I then used that the Custom GingerComb ROM 2.1 Beta 3 which does work brilliantly without any sound issues. After reading the thread for it, I was wondering maybe we can update the V1.4 ROM with the Arnova's latest stock ROM as that might be the issue as was noted that an older version may have been used in Beta 1 and 2 which caused sound issues on some tablets. Anyway, after using GingerComb, I don't really want to go back, which leads me to some issues with it which I hope can be addressed before the final ROM is released:

First, I am having difficulty is with the default screen orientation. I typically use the tablet in portrait, with the power button, all connectors, and camera at the bottom. With the stock ROM, this was the default portrait orientation for apps that forced the portrait orientation. Now with the GingerComb ROM, it is reversed portrait for me. I tried looking into editing the build.prop and looking for the ro.sf.hwrotation line, but it is not in there. The only workaround I am using is the Set Orientation app to force the portrait orientation I prefer. How can I switch the default portrait orientation back to original stock ROM?

Finally, I noticed that certain apps have trouble reading certain Jpegs. I use JustPictures to download and view my images from Flickr, Facebook, DeviantArt, etc. However, it is unable to display certain images and shows up as "Failed". Some images showed up properly, others did not at all. Factory resetting or reflashing the ROM made no difference with the same images being unable to be displayed which included both the thumbnail and the full size image. Some images that I manually copy to my SD Card or internal memory aren't displayed by JustPictures, however the stock gallery works, able to display thumbnail and full sized image. Another problem, I was scrolling through my album art with Poweramp, and when it got an album with a default generic album art probably because it can't load the images, it would restart Poweramp. JustPictures is unable to load the album art in question. However, when I view the album art in ES File Explorer, the thumbnail preview of the image showed up as a scrambled image but it correctly showed the album art. Later, when I unmounted the SD card, it crashed and shut off the tablet. When I booted up again, most apps began to force close so I just reflashed the ROM but I still have the same issue. I will say that these apps and images worked fine on the original stock ROM and work correctly when I insert them into my other android devices and on my PC.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you very much for making this ROM! I picked one of these tablets up cheap in a sale in the UK for £60 and was disappointed with stock OS. But 20 minutes later I had your ROM on, working great now!

On the first boot, the screen calibration was totally wrong and I just had to tap around and guess - it seemed that it was calibrated to portrait, but screen was landscape.

But then after restart, everything is perfect - thanks again!

Comment

Arnova 7bG2/3

Hi Bob.
                        thanks for everything
                        i am one of your rom fans and used beta 3 rom for arnova 7bg2 (c) almost a year , everything is good and i appreciate you but there is one basically big problem, Gingerbread and android 2.3, so i decided to search on elsewhere to find a good one and i found nothing, of course there was a Honycomb interface that didn't work because sound issue and it was android 2.3 too, i checked Arnova site and found 7bG3 is in everything same as 7bG2 except 1:ram 2:3G stick 3:android version
                        chip set was same RK29 Cortex 1GH A8, i thought it can work on my device and flashed my device with Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7 but IT DID NOT START UP AT ALL, i tried to work with cygwin and kitchen but i could not work too, is it possible to change this rom for 7bG2 ? what's wrong with it ?
                        thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
                        X