No announcement yet.

Arnova 7G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 - Final Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I added CWM the only way to do a data factory reset is in settings. CWM just adds another way for you to do it if you want.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hello Bob, your work is fantastic! congratulations.
      I hope you much success in life. Thank you.

Comment

greatest rom ever

Comment

Bob,

As much as i'm loving this any chance of a 2.2 update for the 7g2? I'm pretty eager to get v6 on there!

Just asking.....

bay

Comment

ok, not nagging as can see how many rom's you're handling right now....but when you have time Bob...2.2 ROM for 7g2...pretty please!!! Geeks like me are waiting for V6! Will buy you one of these

Go on...you know you want to! lol

Comment

Well just to say goodbye to the 7g2 thread! Its been fun. I've moved onto a new 10b g3 tablet instead. I kind of had to do something...Saturday morning I got up to my wife having wrapped my 7g2 up in the washing & get it in the machine. It was a complete accident, we'd been using it in bed with the children (mucking about). Was only in about 1 minute - did all the tricks I could to dry out - rice in sealed tupperware container, warm place, etc. Left for 3 days - unit powers on fine & there's not too much water damage to the screen, but the touchscreen itself (where you touch) isn't responding well, etc. I took a look around & found the 8gb 10b g3 in Argos (UK store) for £130. Naturally rooted the thing straight away & so far am pretty impressed with it!

So Bob, look for me in another thread, and for anyone who wants a 7g2 for spares or repair i'm chucking it on ****. Either that or PM me if interested!

Cheers

Comment

can't get ROM on 7g2

downloaded Petrice's reboot apk, installed after putting tablet in /read, little screen pops up, pushed Reboot to Recovery button, answered Yes, Reboot was granted superuser permissions, nothing happens. the Reboot and Power Off buttons on the apk work fine. I also have ClockWork Mod installed, and tried to get into Recovery using CWM, that doesn't work either (it's worked on my other devices). Any ideas on how to get into Recovery on my 7g2, so I can flash your 2.1 ROM?

Comment

See here and please repost this so Petrus knows.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1050-Reboot-App

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: Arnova 7G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 - Final Release

My 7g2 tablet doesn't have a physical volume button, it's on the touch screen. The directions in your readme don't match my hardware. Looks like it's the same process as my 10g2, not sure how i can get the drivers installed so my puter can see my 7g2.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

can I use HDMI ?

Comment

Originally posted by friendlybiker View Post
                        My 7g2 tablet doesn't have a physical volume button, it's on the touch screen. The directions in your readme don't match my hardware. Looks like it's the same process as my 10g2, not sure how i can get the drivers installed so my puter can see my 7g2.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
                        Its pretty easy - plug the 7g2 into the computer via usb, put the top switch to the right (hold/off button), then use a paperclip to press the reset button on the back of the tablet. This puts it into recovery / flash mode. This is when your pc should identify a different usb device. Then use device manager to find the unidentified usb hardware & update the driver with the rockchip driver. Then you are all set to flash custom roms. It doesn't matter if the device is on when you start this process - some say to turn it off, but once the switch is over to the right & then reset is pressed the device is ready to go. You should see a black screen during this process (which says its in recovery) - if you get the Arnova screen appear it isn't ready / connected.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by gen1us View Post
                          can I use HDMI ?

Not as far as I know

Comment

Help

Sometime I have a promblem. I try download file,but I look ( Read-only file system )
                            Heeeeeeeelp

Comment

Don't quite understand what you mean "read only file system".?? Are you trying to flash the rom? If so please follow the instructions I set above to get your 7g2 into recovery / flash mode & then use the rockchip tools to flash using the settings set by Bob in the file you download from here. The rest is automatic. If you mean that you've installed the rom & when looking through root explorer it shows up as r/o then simply press the r/w button to set read-write mode.

Comment

Originally posted by bay1902 View Post
                                Don't quite understand what you mean "read only file system".?? Are you trying to flash the rom? If so please follow the instructions I set above to get your 7g2 into recovery / flash mode & then use the rockchip tools to flash using the settings set by Bob in the file you download from here. The rest is automatic. If you mean that you've installed the rom & when looking through root explorer it shows up as r/o then simply press the r/w button to set read-write mode.
                                Thanks. I use root explorer ( open SD card) and click R/W
                                Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                                X