No announcement yet.

Arnova 7G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 - Final Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arnova 7G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 - Final Release

Its pretty easy - plug the 7g2 into the computer via usb, put the top switch to the right (hold/off button), then use a paperclip to press the reset button on the back of the tablet. This puts it into recovery / flash mode. This is when your pc should identify a different usb device. Then use device manager to find the unidentified usb hardware & update the driver with the rockchip driver. Then you are all set to flash custom roms. It doesn't matter if the device is on when you start this process - some say to turn it off, but once the switch is over to the right & then reset is pressed the device is ready to go. You should see a black screen during this process (which says its in recovery) - if you get the Arnova screen appear it isn't ready / connected.

Hope this helps
    Thanks. I'll give it a try on my 7g2.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Arnova 7G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 - Final Release

Thanks again, that was the missing piece for me, got Bob's Rom fired up my 7g2 and it works great.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

ciao
        come faccio ad installare questa rom sul mio arnova 7 g2?
        grazie per una eventuale risposta

Comment

Ciao, il download ROM ha un README.TXT con le istruzioni complete. Mi dispiace che sono in inglese in modo da utilizzare Google translate se ne avete bisogno.

Spero che aiuta,
          Roberto A.K.A fagiolo
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hello Finless,

Sorry for stirring up this old thread, but I have your ROM installed on both tablets of the kids.
            All works well for a while, but after a while (can be days, weeks or months), the tablet starts giving errors and applications force close.
            This behavior seems to start either a reboot or after an application installation. I already tried clearing the dalvik-cache and cache, but that doesn't seem to solve the issue.
            Are you aware of this issue and do you know how to solve it ? Or at least how to avoid it ?
            I re-install the devices from scratch each time, but if I could avoid doing so that sure would be nice

Cheers,

Maxx

Comment

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. I'm using the 7bg2 with arnova7bg2c_gingercomb_finless21cwm_beta3 so I'll find that thread instead.

Originally posted by MaXX99 View Post
              Sorry for stirring up this old thread, but I have your ROM installed on both tablets of the kids.
              All works well for a while, but after a while (can be days, weeks or months), the tablet starts giving errors and applications force close.
              Same here - was on b3, worked fine until today, now EVERYTHING is giving force close. Can't even get to settings.

Shall I just reflash to the full release?

Comment

Working...
              X