Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iglo View Post
    Hi,
    Does this ROM support overclocking apps ?
    if i remember correctly , no . overclocking doesnt work
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

I'm in a real bind now.

I downloaded the "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM, followed the insrtuctions step by step. The RKAndroidTool v1.29 installed the new drivers with out a hitch. But when my 10G2 rebooted, I have installed the NextBook 7P ICS ROM.

I've tried to reflash, but I can't get it to go into Recovery Mode by holding the volume rooker up and using the reset pin. With the rocker held in the up position and the reset pushed I get the tones from my computer and I release each but then the Arnova boots back into ICS.

I have sound, the clock is working, the screen changes from landscape to vertical when i turn the tablet around.

I disconnect the usb from my computer, the tablet screen changes from the usb Android Robot to the " Make yourself at home. You can put your favorite apps here."screen.

I really need some help, and I'm very good at following instructions.

BTW, I downloaded the firmware update from the Arnova web site but I can't figure out how to use it.

Also when i go into Device Manager, in the Disk Drives section it shows 2 seperate icons- Next7P1N USB Devices

Thanks
      Last edited by dogtag1968; 11-03-2012, 05:26.

Comment

help - stuck on ROM install

folled all the directions - got the driver installed, but the RKAndroid V1.29.exe tool doesn't give me the "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB" nor the "NO Found RKAndroid Rock USB"

Thoughts on how to fix this and get the ROM installed?

here's what I see:

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Shane\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image001.png[/IMG]

Click image for larger version

Name:	ERROR RKandroid.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	429266Click image for larger version

Name:	ERROR RKandroid.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	429266

Comment

RE: In a Bind

Problem solved, the problem is me. When going into recovery mode, I was releasing the volume up first and then releasing the reset pin.

Sorry everyone, G2 is flashed with the new ROM and is amazing.

Thanks BOB
          Last edited by dogtag1968; 11-03-2012, 16:17.

Comment

Re: NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

you must reflash it with rktools

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk
            if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
              you must reflash it with rktools

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk
              Huh?

You post in the wrong forum?

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

hi Bob, many thanks for the recent update :-)

A slight problem...initially i just applied the patch and all went well. however.....if i run the v6 script it will only supercharge to 50% now. It tells me the OOM grouping not in effect, and Supercharger Minfrees not in effect. This is only since the update. I have just now tried reflashing with the complete romkit rather than just the patch, followed all the supercharge instructions as always - and the same 2 messages :-(

Comment

What Supercharger V6 Settings are y'all using?

I had the latest Supercharger RC11 T9 running on 2.2b but the unit would consistently fail to wake from deep sleep requiring a reset, so I completely un-supercharged.

What settings are people using successfully on 2.2b with Supercharger V6?

Thanks in advance.

H.
                  Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                  HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                  Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Prior to the latest patch, just following bobs instructions would mean the v6 script ran fine -but repeatadly now it seems. Since the patch - it wont run properly, which is a real shame, i may go back to an earlier rom as i cant see anyone else having this problem. never had any problems with not waking from sleep. I did try the version of v6 i think your using, and it did cause probs, mainly it would hang on the boot logo, bobs included script never had that issue

Comment

All I did in the patch was change init.d call and added one shot to it. This was because some scripts would keep running over and over without it.

I will make a update patch and change it and see if it solve the issue but I do not see why it would cause a problem. If super charger says it is 100%, then the script is running.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks Bob

The supercharger only says 50% charged, It tells me the OOM grouping not in effect, and Supercharger Minfrees not in effect. This is only since the patch, and the full new romkit gives the same results. Prior to the update it was always 100% supercharged no problems
                        Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          All I did in the patch was change init.d call and added one shot to it. This was because some scripts would keep running over and over without it.

I will make a update patch and change it and see if it solve the issue but I do not see why it would cause a problem. If super charger says it is 100%, then the script is running.

Bob
                          Bob, I don't think it's the ROM, I think it was that latest version of Supercharger. I rolled back to the prior version with 2.2b, chose hard-to-kill launcher and did not play with the kernelizer and things are fine again with the Arnova. BTW, in the process, I learned that one particularly annoying "feature" of the Supercharger script is the ability to get to the driver console until the script finishes doing all the automatic stuff --- extremely annoying when you *only* want it to do certain things.

I also switched from using the build.prop to local.prop and that seems to have helped (even if it's a placebo.)

Harold

Comment

Unfortunatly i used bobs original v6 script - i kept the original stored on the sd card, and made sure to remove the v6 folder which stores the preferences. so even with the original it still only supercharges to 50%. i also use local.prop, never have used build. I think what may be making things tricky to track down maybe is we need to be sure to remove the v6 folder from the sd card- as far as i understand (and admit i may be wrong), but if that folder is there then each time you run the v6 script it will try to load those preferences?

Tis a strange one but for now the v6 isnt used on my tablet, which is a sorely missed feature

Comment

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
                              Unfortunatly i used bobs original v6 script - i kept the original stored on the sd card, and made sure to remove the v6 folder which stores the preferences. so even with the original it still only supercharges to 50%. i also use local.prop, never have used build. I think what may be making things tricky to track down maybe is we need to be sure to remove the v6 folder from the sd card- as far as i understand (and admit i may be wrong), but if that folder is there then each time you run the v6 script it will try to load those preferences?

Tis a strange one but for now the v6 isnt used on my tablet, which is a sorely missed feature
                              I only get to 75% but that's by choice. After a while, it's hard to really tell the difference.

H.

Comment

the lack of oom groupings and minfrees does seem to me to make a big diff, its cause im used to the supercharged version i think

Comment

Working...
                                X