NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
    the lack of oom groupings and minfrees does seem to me to make a big diff, its cause im used to the supercharged version i think
    Well, my other Android device is a Rezound with a 1.5Mhz dual-core CPU, which is pretty snappy, so I'm used to life in the slower lane on the Arnova.
    Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
    HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
    Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

So if Harold is getting over 50% then the script is running. Again ONLY thing I did was in init.rc I added the oneshot command. So if this is a bug then either the script runs or not and if not Harold would not be getting 75%.

By the way, just remove the folder is not enough. Other files are placed in onther places you also have to remove. I forget where but when you install it tells you where it is writing these other files.

I will try it myself on my Arnova when I get some time.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

seems i am having some trouble with the rom...... i tryd flashing it... did the erase idb that went ok.. pressed run... it got as far as info:cheking download data... it starts doing it then stops and 2 errors come up error:download failed and error: run failed....

after this the device does not boot on its own. i removed the usb and restarted manually and it boots into clockwork mode i hit restart and the screen goes black and thats it.... nothing else happens....

any help would be appreciated

Comment

Make sure you are using a real PC USB port and NOT a USB hub. The flash tool will not work well through a USB hub. Use a USB port on the back of your PC that connects to the motherboard.

Bob

Comment

i am

rkandroidtool says found rkandroid maskrom rock usb.... thats not right is it?

Comment

Usually if flash fails, the driver got lost. Try reboot, etc. Also try another USB cable. Some can be pretty shitty with a bad connection.

Best I can tell you. Most people do not have a problem but when it happens it can be many reasons.

One thing for sure for Arnova. In BIOS settings for USB on your PC, make sure you do not have High Speed USB turned on. Arnova USB port cant handle that for some reason.

Bob

Comment

ok ill try all those things and ill let u know how it goes.... something else is happening as well now when its writing data to flash it has size as 308720..... but when its writeing it it only writes up to 308208

Comment

Originally posted by leon View Post
                  ok ill try all those things and ill let u know how it goes.... something else is happening as well now when its writing data to flash it has size as 308720..... but when its writeing it it only writes up to 308208
                  Hmmm.... have you flashed some other ROMs? If you flash a WRONG bootloader made for another device you can totally screw up the flash system! Many of us ROM makers ahve been through this. You have to be very careful when flashing a unknown ROM to NOT flash the bootloader!

No software will fix that! To fix it you have to take apart the tablet and short 2 pins on nand memory to put it into MASK ROM flash mode!

Bob

Comment

i have only ever flashed you're roms for this device

Comment

ive got it into clockwork mod mode... is there anything i could try doing from there?

Comment

i have fixed it now thanks for all the help

Comment

At the moment no news about Arnova 10 G2?

We are only Arnova G2 serie without ICS firmware , no news, forghet from GOD?????

BOB, you are only to solve it!!!!

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

Comment

i dont think we will be getting ics on this tab anymore, interest in it has gone down a lot. and really..... do we really need ics on the 10g2.
                            with bobs rom its about as good as its going to get on the 10g2.

i have however spotted on arctab that somebody was working on porting ics to the 10g2.... but with the amount of new tabs comeing out the dev's over there have had to focus on the newer tabs.

Comment

hi bob,

is there any chance you can post a link to the 2.2a version of this rom? the 2.2b just wont supercharge to 100% at all for me, the 2.2a did no problems, so if you still have that handy that would be great :-)

Cheers

Comment

Need to revert back to original firmware

i've sold my Arnova 10 G2 and the buyer wants it back to factory specs.

I've downloaded the firmware update, followed Arnova instructions but the 10 G2 dosen't open theupdate. Can anyone help me with this?
                                Currently using 2.2 Pro

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X