No announcement yet.

NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i got 100% supercharged finally! A little bit of a process though, first i had to make sure all traces of previous v6 settings were gone from the sd card, if that isnt done - then it wouldnt boot after the initial set up. Once this is done after the first boot i would only get 50% supercharge. Then i changed to the hard to kill launcher, reboot - and its at 100%. No idea why the launcher has to be set to this, but if its not - then for me at least, 100% was impossible. Happy now to be back at 100%! :-)

Comment

Got it, thanks

Originally posted by dogtag1968 View Post
      i've sold my Arnova 10 G2 and the buyer wants it back to factory specs.

I've downloaded the firmware update, followed Arnova instructions but the 10 G2 dosen't open theupdate. Can anyone help me with this?
      Currently using 2.2 Pro

Thanks
      i was able to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
        well i got 100% supercharged finally! A little bit of a process though, first i had to make sure all traces of previous v6 settings were gone from the sd card, if that isnt done - then it wouldnt boot after the initial set up. Once this is done after the first boot i would only get 50% supercharge. Then i changed to the hard to kill launcher, reboot - and its at 100%. No idea why the launcher has to be set to this, but if its not - then for me at least, 100% was impossible. Happy now to be back at 100%! :-)
        Thanks for that. I was able to soldier through the sometimes difficult to understand driver's panel of Supercharger and got up to 100% as well with no ill effects on the Arnova. Note that I'm using RC9 as it was much more reliable than RC11, which caused all kinds of issues (like the tablet not awakening from sleep).
        Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
        HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
        Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

A10G2 superfluid with your GingerComb 2.2 Pro Thanks

(sorry for my language level)
          Thanks to you for your ROM

Before i used Morkamod but last week my tab become crazy with all apps

My A10G2 works fine speed fluid nice more powerfull
          no problem to install
          no bugs seen since 4 days
          battery faster to recharge= my imagination?
          Music with Play and gaming Smurf = good velocity
          SuperGood AppInjector! Thanks you

Now she's look like a gtp7510
          try to change qwerty to azerty no successful, for conect extern keyboard

Lot of thanks FINLESS

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          So no feedback on this yet?

I guess there are not a lot of nerds out there

Bob

Comment

loads new ROM but Screen unresponsive, even tried an older version but no touchscreen

Bob, ive been using your ROM's since 1.5 and have had no issues, but even before the 2.2 Pro Rom my touch screen became less responsive so i decided it was a good reason to update to the 2.2 ROM - however now the G2 just loads but wont allow me to select anything onscreen, Volume and off button works fine - but turning off is also a problem as you need to select turn off from the screen. I have followed all the instructions over and over but just not happening for my device(guessing its a device problem seeing as noone else has similar issue)

Thanks for your time and devotion
            Jfin

Comment

Try flashing back to 1.5 and see if screen works again. If not, then maybe it failed.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

bluetooth

Hi enybody try a CSR based usb bluetooth dongle with this rom? Maybe work with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jfin View Post
                  Bob, ive been using your ROM's since 1.5 and have had no issues, but even before the 2.2 Pro Rom my touch screen became less responsive so i decided it was a good reason to update to the 2.2 ROM - however now the G2 just loads but wont allow me to select anything onscreen, Volume and off button works fine - but turning off is also a problem as you need to select turn off from the screen. I have followed all the instructions over and over but just not happening for my device(guessing its a device problem seeing as noone else has similar issue)

Thanks for your time and devotion
                  Jfin

I have the same problem, at first the only thing that works was the 2 up corners, now i have no response at all...
                  will try to revert to 1.5

didn´t work
                  flashed 1.5 with old and new kernel and the touch still doesn´t work
                  Last edited by formigacareca; 12-17-2012, 00:02.

Comment

Try flashing back to 1.5 and see if screen works again. If not, then maybe it failed.

Bob
                    Tried but same issue, RIP Arnova 10G2 our time together was to brief

Comment

Originally posted by formigacareca View Post
                      I have the same problem, at first the only thing that works was the 2 up corners, now i have no response at all...
                      will try to revert to 1.5

didn´t work
                      flashed 1.5 with old and new kernel and the touch still doesn´t work
                      Exactly what i experienced initialy and now no response, Damn thing is a paperweight

Comment

You sure you guys have a 10G2 and not a 10G2B or some other?

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

You sure you guys have a 10G2 and not a 10G2B or some other?

Bob
                          110% sure, actually purchased as a result of stumbling upon this site

Comment

This may sound crazy, but you might try getting hold of a copy of the original firmware and flash it. See if that will re calibrate the touch screen for you. I never had this problem on my G2, but that is what fixed my G3 when I lost the touch screen.

Does everything work right when you use a usb mouse? Have you tried?

You might need the mouse to go into settings and run the touch screen calibration program on the original firmware. I think there's a link to it on some of the above posts.

Others have successfully gotten touch back doing multiple flashes of Bob's ROM. I have no idea what that did, but someone reported that a while back.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

i think i have the original 10g2 update .img if ya'll have trouble finding it
                              freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

UPDATE Oct 18, 2012!

Sorry folks my 2.2a ROM had a little bug with init.d support! That is, it might run scripts in the init.d folder over and over again slowing down the system and eating memory!

I have updated the ROM download which is now 2.2b. to fix this issue!

Now in the download links below I have a NEW full ROM download as well as a boot.img update ONLY download! If you want to keep your current 2.2a install without erasing and loosing data, then download the 2.2a to 2.2b ROM flash kit ONLY! This will flash boot.img and fix the issue.

NOW... Know this! ANY CWM backups you have from 2.2a, on restore of them they will overwrite the old boot.img on top of this new boot.img. So you should delete any CWM backups and make new ones AFTER flashing the new boot.img update!

Bob

OK folks. This is what I am calling my 2.2 "Pro" ROM.

Many of you might ask... "Why is this a Pro ROM Bob?"
                                Well, what I have done is implement init.d scripting support!
                                If you do not know what that is or don't really care, then you do not need this ROM!
                                If your on 2.1 already and don't care to use init.d scripting, then there is no reason to flash this ROM.
                                Even if you do not know what this init.d scripting is, or care to use it, again it's the same as my 2.1 "Gingercomb" ROM.
                                So if you do not have 2.1 yet, you can flash this and have the same compatibility as in my 2.1 ROM.
                                If you don't use the init.d scripting, it's not going to hurt you or the performance!

So now... what is init.d support?
                                Well most Android OS's support init.d scripting.
                                What that is, is you can put scripts a folder /system/etc/init.d and number them.
                                01script.sh
                                02script.sh
                                etc...
                                These scripts will run in the order of the number in front of the name!
                                This allows you the user to TWEAK the system yourself without making ROMS!
                                These scripts run every time at boot up!
                                Thus you can remove them, add to them, change them and next boot, you get what tweaks you want!
                                Arnova removed all this capability because they made a "consumer ROM" I put this all back in
                                with a lot of hard work and testing!
                                So really... this ROM is for the Android Nerds and Geeks out there that want to continue to get more performance!
                                LIKE! Running the V6 SuperCharger script!

Want to know what V6 SuperCharger script is all about? Read it from the author here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=991276/

ATTENTION... In my ROM kit are now 2 README's. One is the standard read me. The other walks you through running V6 SuperCharger script! Sorry I am not going to try to write up how to use and install other init.d scripts! Google Search it and learn!

So now if you do NOT know what my 2.1 ROM is and want to learn more first..., then go here and read about it:
                                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM

2.2 just adds what I said above. Init.d script support!

For you “nerds” that want init.d and the best ROM I can crank out…. Here it is:

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 - "GingerComb" PRO ROM 2.2b (215 megs)

As noted above in the UPDATE Oct 18, 2012, here is the boot.img Update Flash kit! See the notes above for how to use it and what it is about. READ THE REAME in the Update kit!!!!!

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 - "GingerComb" PRO ROM 2.2a to 2.2b ROM update kit (1 meg)

Enjoy,
                                Bob
                                hey finless i used supercharger and i got to 75%. then it locked up like you said it would so i used the reset pinhole and now it is stuck in reboot. how do i get out of the reboot??
                                Thanks soooooo much!! You are awesome!
                                Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
                                FREAKTAB is FREAKIN' AMAZING!
                                Kyle

Comment

Working...
                                X