NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

I agree. I think that is the only way to get back the right Busybox.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hi all, I need your help please
      Yesterday I load gingercomb 2.2b FW in my arnova 10 g2 and after reboot the screen is black...I think is bricked.
      I tryed with Rockchip batch tool, the device is connected (rk29) , but when I push restore (with original fw) it says: "download idb fail".
      What can I do? Thank you.

Comment

Re: NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

have you idb download failed also with bobs flash tool to?

Sent from my GT-S5660
        if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I agree. I think that is the only way to get back the right Busybox.
          Ok, thank you, but this is not optional variant, of couse - fatal )) Can you tell me, how update busybox on this firmware to actual version? May be, we'll see new 'final' version Firmware 2.2c with last version busybox 1.20.2 or late?

Comment

NEW- Arnova 10G2 &quot;GingerComb&quot; 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

What kind of problems were you having with the version of Busybox that came with the ROM?
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

thats what i was gonna say Randy , if you were not having problems with the version of busybox there would be no reason to update i have been using that same rom since Bob done it with no issues
              freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

OK, thank you! I have new install 2.2b firmware and reflash rom. Turn off is all right. And one more question: how corrent unmount usb drive? I dot'n see notification or button to eject usb drive? In stock firmware I can do that...

Comment

The Unmount Widget doesn't provide any feedback but it works. You will still get an error from the system when you unplug, but just ignore it.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    The Unmount Widget doesn't provide any feedback but it works. You will still get an error from the system when you unplug, but just ignore it.
                    I see, I'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
                      have you idb download failed also with bobs flash tool to?

Sent from my GT-S5660
                      yes, also with bobs flash tool. I tryed a "pinhole reset + vol +" and now the pc says me "device unknow"...I bringed it to assistance (it's again in warranty). Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Jfin View Post
                        Thanks for the advice ! Never thought of using a mouse - will try that this evening, im sure ive DL the Firmware from the arnova website (Bob includes the link in the readme - is that the same?) anyone point me to a thread wich tells how to flash firmware to original Arnova?

appreciate your help - really thought i was out of options !
                        Finally got around to looking into the issue again (no touch screen) and yes a mouse will work fine, No screen calibration with Bobs Roms? and can i use the same flashing tool to bring back the original firmware?

thanks

Comment

Re: NEW- Arnova 10G2 &quot;GingerComb&quot; 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

I thought we had an original firmware somewhere on the site, but I guess not. I think you can download it from the Arnova site...but I haven't checked. You will need to flash the original firmware and run the touch screen calibration from that. It was removed from Bob's ROM's as part of the debloat and also because it caused problems.

As I recall...the Arnova package comes with a different flash tool...use that one.

Randy
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Re: NEW- Arnova 10G2 &quot;GingerComb&quot; 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

OK I was both right and wrong...the original firmware is an update.img file which you can't flash with Bob's flash tool.

Download the Rkbatch Tool and use it.

Go to this link and scroll down. There are two versions of tool you can try:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1286305

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Couple of questions please!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great work, I wondered if someone could just clarify a couple of questions for me?

I have been running various of Finless's Roms and have had 2.2 pro on my 10g2 Arnova for a while now but have been meaning to update it after I accidently updated the flash and it meant that BBC iplayer stopped working!!! So I am way to busy with full time work and three little people depending on me but I try and keep on top of my tech hobby/habit, I am currently on vacation in France and thought I might try and catch up on some stuff including updating my Tablet to 2.2b, so here goes.

I have mislaid my Arnova USB can I use any USB cable, thought I had it in my laptop bag, I have my Galaxy S cable and it seems to recognise it for file tranfers will it work for a flash?

Any chance I can reflash the ROM in CWM or must I use RKBatch tool thing as before?

What version of Flash, BBC Iplayer or Skype can I install I know some are funny with Finless's ROM's?
                              I was advised before to only use Flash 10.3.1.185.25 on the tablet and Skype 20047, cant remember the BBC iplayer version!!

Any other apps I should be aware not to update?

Whats the best ROM, I assume the 2.2b ROM with script, best I have tested but it's been a while?

I love a good swype keyboard but hate the market ones, I have installed Android 4.2 keyboard from an apk someone on XDA sent me, works a treat on my galaxy phone but the tablet doesn't seem to have worked when I installed?

Anyone who can answer these will make me a very happy man.

Kind Regards,

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by adrian4design View Post
                                Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great work, I wondered if someone could just clarify a couple of questions for me?

I have been running various of Finless's Roms and have had 2.2 pro on my 10g2 Arnova for a while now but have been meaning to update it after I accidently updated the flash and it meant that BBC iplayer stopped working!!! So I am way to busy with full time work and three little people depending on me but I try and keep on top of my tech hobby/habit, I am currently on vacation in France and thought I might try and catch up on some stuff including updating my Tablet to 2.2b, so here goes.

I have mislaid my Arnova USB can I use any USB cable, thought I had it in my laptop bag, I have my Galaxy S cable and it seems to recognise it for file tranfers will it work for a flash?

Any chance I can reflash the ROM in CWM or must I use RKBatch tool thing as before?

What version of Flash, BBC Iplayer or Skype can I install I know some are funny with Finless's ROM's?
                                I was advised before to only use Flash 10.3.1.185.25 on the tablet and Skype 20047, cant remember the BBC iplayer version!!

Any other apps I should be aware not to update?

Whats the best ROM, I assume the 2.2b ROM with script, best I have tested but it's been a while?

I love a good swype keyboard but hate the market ones, I have installed Android 4.2 keyboard from an apk someone on XDA sent me, works a treat on my galaxy phone but the tablet doesn't seem to have worked when I installed?

Anyone who can answer these will make me a very happy man.

Kind Regards,

Adrian
                                First of all...that cable should work, ok

You will need to use your pc to flash, no CWM flash.

The 2.2b was the last update for that tablet.

I'm not sure on the apps. It has been a while since I picked up my G2.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X