No announcement yet.

NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to fix the instructions about the SU. Things have changed yet again since I released this.

The only time supercharger would not reboot for me is if I had a bunch of apps installed. I think the dalvic cleanup thing hangs and does not finish properly if a ton of stuff is in the dalvic cache.

What works for me every time is
    Flash the ROM
    Install the "basic" apps using app injector. Browser, etc. Nothing else! no Gapps, or add ons.
    At this time DO NOT update the SU binary. I think the new one has a problem!!!!!
    Install script mamanger
    Run the V6 script. It will still hang on poof though. Mine always does. On reboot it works.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

The only app I installed was app injector and reboot app. So I can try this script again without first updating the su binary?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I hadn't installed anything else before running the supercharge scripts.
        I'm going to try again now, but this time I'll run app injector first and won't update the SU binary.

Comment

Well, that seems to have worked this time.
          Not sure if it's relevant, but I decided to wipe the dalvik cache from CWM immediately after flashing the ROM.

I'll install my apps now and see what performance is like compared to 2.1

Comment

Cool. I will give it another go at the weekend. Thanks for your feedback

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Admittedly, have downloaded this but not yet opened the zip to review the readme's. Is there any reason you can think of to UNCHECK the loader and recovery boxes and flash this (or will Erase also erase the bootloader and recovery? Or, will unchecking those BEFORE erase prevent those from being erased?)

My concern is that I believe the reflash changes the data used to create the md5's for the nandroid backups, and the result is that I can't do restores because of an md5 mismatch.
              Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
              HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
              Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

I used the same recovery.img so it should not change the MD5 checks. I have cross checked that myself.
                So you should be OK.
                If you already have loader 2.14 no need to flash that either!

Boot you MUST flash as that is how I added init.d support.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  I used the same recovery.img so it should not change the MD5 checks. I have cross checked that myself.
                  So you should be OK.
                  If you already have loader 2.14 no need to flash that either!

Boot you MUST flash as that is how I added init.d support.

Bob
                  Yeah, I know about boot, that's the kernel. BTW, check your PM. Couldn't fix that other thing; just sent you the original link from the email so you can do a direct download.

Comment

No sorry that is incorrect. Kernel is not inside boot.img on most RK29 ROMs. It "can be" but when you customize a ROM it has to be removed from boot.img. This is why the ROM flash kit has a kernel.img!!!

We cannot cook kernel in the boot.img because we do not know the "hash" used by the manufacturer to do that. So the only way to custom make a ROM for RK29 is to have kernel separated. In my opinion the system is faster with kernel separate anyway! It also saves NAND memory space as you do not have to have a kernel in recovery, boot, and separate!

Anyway boot.img on these ROM contains a BARE minimum to boot the system. Init.rc file being the most important thing and this is where you customize. The boot screen is in boot.img as well. Other than that, not much else in there!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      No sorry that is incorrect. Kernel is not inside boot.img on most RK29 ROMs. It "can be" but when you customize a ROM it has to be removed from boot.img. This is why the ROM flash kit has a kernel.img!!!

We cannot cook kernel in the boot.img because we do not know the "hash" used by the manufacturer to do that. So the only way to custom make a ROM for RK29 is to have kernel separated. In my opinion the system is faster with kernel separate anyway! It also saves NAND memory space as you do not have to have a kernel in recovery, boot, and separate!

Anyway boot.img on these ROM contains a BARE minimum to boot the system. Init.rc file being the most important thing and this is where you customize. The boot screen is in boot.img as well. Other than that, not much else in there!

Bob
                      Got it, sorry, we do things differently on the ARM CPU side of things. I do run V6 Supercharger, and even have it running on the 10G2 now as a script I run from a widget, but that only gets me 50% supercharged.

I'm thinking I might be able to get away with running EraseIDB after unchecking loader & recovery (not sure whether that limits what the Erase command does). I suppose if she doesn't boot when I'm done I need to start over. Will report back when I'm done.
                      Last edited by HaroldG; 07-19-2012, 23:47.

Comment

YOu should be perfectly fine trying that.

Bob

Comment

Hey Harold.... You just made me go learn something today

CWM and MD5 and why some times flashing recovery breaks previous backup MD5 checks!

Now that I know what I know. ALL my ROMs will be backward MD5 check compatible when they need to be! I realize I cannot change CWM and recompile a new one without doing certain things. It changes how the MD5 works unless you know you WANT to make it backwards compatible!... This is actually a feature believe it or not.

Very cool learning experience

Thanks,
                          Bob

Comment

Re: Installing v6 Supercharge

"FIRST POINT! I suggest you RUN this V6 script before installing ANYTHING ELSE!" is this before or after 'APP Injector' stuff? Thanks for your great work ! Also I accidentally double pressed Enter and did not enable Wheel Alignment is there an easy way to enable it - the table works well and i got the 100% charge at then end..regards
                            Last edited by bothered; 07-21-2012, 23:01.

Comment

Originally posted by bothered View Post
                              "FIRST POINT! I suggest you RUN this V6 script before installing ANYTHING ELSE!" is this before or after 'APP Injector' stuff? Thanks for your great work ! Also I accidentally double pressed Enter and did not enable Wheel Alignment is there an easy way to enable it - the table works well and i got the 100% charge at then end..regards
                              1. You can't run Script Manager to do V6 without first setting up the market and updating the Superuser binary. PLUS, you need to download ScriptManager to run it. The script can't be run from a file explorer without a script interpreter. I don't think it matters whether you run appinjector before or after, since the script doesn't affect anything in the system apps.

2. As to installing this without erasing bootloader and recovery, fuggeddaboudit. Had to do a complete wipe of everything or it wouldn't boot. I did, however, use Titanium to create a flashable zip, so once I was back in recovery, flashed that, reverted the UID to pre-flash, and we'll see whether I encounter all that fun I had with restoring nandroids before. (Also, this is a different 10G2 than the one I had all the md5 issues with.....maybe that makes a difference).

3. By the way, Damo, very handsome splashscreen there. Best ever.

Comment

I think Damo is trying to cut down on the billboard look based on feedback. I love the boot screen as well. It matches my "Pro ROM" theme if you will.

Thanks for the kudos Harold.

FYI... the last link you gave me worked. I have what I need so all good there.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X