Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

UPDATE Oct 18, 2012!

Sorry folks my 2.2a ROM had a little bug with init.d support! That is, it might run scripts in the init.d folder over and over again slowing down the system and eating memory!

I have updated the ROM download which is now 2.2b. to fix this issue!

Now in the download links below I have a NEW full ROM download as well as a boot.img update ONLY download! If you want to keep your current 2.2a install without erasing and loosing data, then download the 2.2a to 2.2b ROM flash kit ONLY! This will flash boot.img and fix the issue.

NOW... Know this! ANY CWM backups you have from 2.2a, on restore of them they will overwrite the old boot.img on top of this new boot.img. So you should delete any CWM backups and make new ones AFTER flashing the new boot.img update!

Bob

OK folks. This is what I am calling my 2.2 "Pro" ROM.

Many of you might ask... "Why is this a Pro ROM Bob?"
    Well, what I have done is implement init.d scripting support!
    If you do not know what that is or don't really care, then you do not need this ROM!
    If your on 2.1 already and don't care to use init.d scripting, then there is no reason to flash this ROM.
    Even if you do not know what this init.d scripting is, or care to use it, again it's the same as my 2.1 "Gingercomb" ROM.
    So if you do not have 2.1 yet, you can flash this and have the same compatibility as in my 2.1 ROM.
    If you don't use the init.d scripting, it's not going to hurt you or the performance!

So now... what is init.d support?
    Well most Android OS's support init.d scripting.
    What that is, is you can put scripts a folder /system/etc/init.d and number them.
    01script.sh
    02script.sh
    etc...
    These scripts will run in the order of the number in front of the name!
    This allows you the user to TWEAK the system yourself without making ROMS!
    These scripts run every time at boot up!
    Thus you can remove them, add to them, change them and next boot, you get what tweaks you want!
    Arnova removed all this capability because they made a "consumer ROM" I put this all back in
    with a lot of hard work and testing!
    So really... this ROM is for the Android Nerds and Geeks out there that want to continue to get more performance!
    LIKE! Running the V6 SuperCharger script!

Want to know what V6 SuperCharger script is all about? Read it from the author here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=991276/

ATTENTION... In my ROM kit are now 2 README's. One is the standard read me. The other walks you through running V6 SuperCharger script! Sorry I am not going to try to write up how to use and install other init.d scripts! Google Search it and learn!

So now if you do NOT know what my 2.1 ROM is and want to learn more first..., then go here and read about it:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM

2.2 just adds what I said above. Init.d script support!

For you “nerds” that want init.d and the best ROM I can crank out…. Here it is:

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 - "GingerComb" PRO ROM 2.2b (215 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 12-22-2014, 21:20.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

We all appreciate the good work you do Bob...this almost makes me wish I still had my G2!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
      We all appreciate the good work you do Bob...this almost makes me wish I still had my G2!

thats verry nice .
      my phone rom has it too.
      and is simply too use with cwm recovery for installing.
      have you test the adrenaline script.
      i use this and is amazing on my phone.
      you are not from this planet bob , arent you ?
      your amazing
      if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
        you are not from this planet bob , arent you ?
        your amazing
        +1

WOW!

Comment

Bob, will you be releasing this for the 10b g2 r.
          Only install roms with your battery charged fully. 10b g2 2.1r. LG Optimus v cm10. Polaroid pmid4311 4.0.7. Flytouh 1.9. Craig tablet 2.2.

Comment

So no feedback on this yet?

I guess there are not a lot of nerds out there

Bob

Comment

Well I got through the V6Supercharger with 100%, but it took me 2 tries and 3 or 4 flashes.

I was not patient enough to let the thing reboot longer than the 3 minutes you suggested. After 15 minutes I thought it was stuck (so I pushed the reset hole), but come to find out it actually took longer...because I reloaded my whole Titanium Backup. I tried to flash multiple times because the Freaktab.com screen wouldn't go away. I waited several minutes and it finally booted. I think each time I flashed, the supercharger was still trying to finish.

The second time I ran supercharger, I did it without loading all of my apps first (except I did run the app injector very first thing after the first reboot post flashing). Somehow, since it saved stuff to the SD card, it recognized that I had already been there. It let me through all of the steps again.

The first time I flashed, I restored my CWM, which took me back to the 2.1a ROM...so I had to reflash 2.2 (silly me). So don't do that.

I'm still restoring all of my apps, so I haven't played yet. The new boot screen looks cool!!!!!

Randy
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Im always modding my phone so going to flash this on my 10g2, the 10g2 never feels smooth to me so i would like to get it to run smoother.

Comment

How are people finding this new rom? Is the v6 working as well as hoped, can't wait to give it a whirl. Anyone got ideas on the best settings to use yet?

Blinky

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I just followed Bob's script.

Once that was done everything worked fine. It feels faster. I'm not sure I can really tell any difference.

The memory doesn't seem to fill up and slow things down so much.

Randy

Sent from my AN10BG3 using Tapatalk 2
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

I have tried about 5 times to get this running, I follow the instructions to the letter. When it asks to reboot i type yes and my screen goes blank. Now this may be where im going wrong. When my screen is blank do i just leave it or should it have the new boot screen just sitting there for a long time (no flashing lights)?

I have it sitting at the boot screen (non flashing lights) at the moment, going to leave it for a while and see.

regards
                      Doughy2002

Comment

Reset it with the pin hole. If it doesnt boot then the vg script hosed your system and you will need to reflash.

As a tip, run the V6 supercharger before installing a bunch of apps and stuff.

Bob

Comment

I pressed the reset button but it did not start. Had to press the power button. Or is that where I went wrong.

Edit, have flashed again and gone through the steps, got the poof message and the screen went black, Have pressed the reset pin hole and screen still black at the moment, been a couple of minutes.

Oh well i have tried this too many times, giving up on it, unlike me i can tell you
                          Last edited by doughy2002; 07-18-2012, 22:27.

Comment

Well, I'm not having much luck getting the supercharger script to work.
                            I manage to get through to the 'poof' message, the system then hangs and I had to reset using the pin-hole switch.

I now have the static boot logo, but nothing else. Been that way for a good 15 minutes.

Tried this twice now, with the same result.

Couple of things I noticed:

(1) SuperUser didn't prompt to update the SU binary - I had to use the 'check for updates' option to force it through manually.

(2) Towards the end of the script, it tries to cp sclean to /system but fails with a file-system is read-only message. I DID reboot after upgrading the su image, so not sure why I'm seeing this.

Comment

Same messages I had got. I had to manually update the su binary as well.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X