No announcement yet.

NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, trying out a few apps which show root access - file explorers etc - and all of them are telling me i dont have root access. this is straight from a clean flash, only installed es file manager - no v6 or anything, just as is. anyone else with this or just me? resintalled new update 4 times now - always the same lol cheers!

Comment

im not sure how useful this will be, and i know ive totally taken over this thread with problems which turned out to be from the superuser app, but ive resolved those problems. maybe if others run into the problems detailed in previous posts this might help (although i do acknowledge its only me that seems to be having them). Anyways, essentially i installed superSU and deleted the superuser.apk from the app folder. no more errors, no more force closes - no more issues and i can finally enjoy bobs fantastic rom and v6! all running super fast! mny thanks bob and apols to all for taking over this thread. lets hope the issues stay away and i wont bug u anymore lol cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
        im not sure how useful this will be, and i know ive totally taken over this thread with problems which turned out to be from the superuser app, but ive resolved those problems. maybe if others run into the problems detailed in previous posts this might help (although i do acknowledge its only me that seems to be having them). Anyways, essentially i installed superSU and deleted the superuser.apk from the app folder. no more errors, no more force closes - no more issues and i can finally enjoy bobs fantastic rom and v6! all running super fast! mny thanks bob and apols to all for taking over this thread. lets hope the issues stay away and i wont bug u anymore lol cheers!
        I have used both Superuser and SuperSU in various ROMs on several devices and I just want to issue one cautionary note. While I like SuperSU (and it's currently embedded in the ROM I use on my HTC Rezound), some ROMs will "break root" if you remove SuperSU to switch back to Superuser. You can't just switch SU apps in every ROM. I'm just saying, "be careful out there."
        Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
        HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
        Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
          I have used both Superuser and SuperSU in various ROMs on several devices and I just want to issue one cautionary note. While I like SuperSU (and it's currently embedded in the ROM I use on my HTC Rezound), some ROMs will "break root" if you remove SuperSU to switch back to Superuser. You can't just switch SU apps in every ROM. I'm just saying, "be careful out there."
          oh agreed, its not something i planned, or plan to change again - it was simply i could keep using superuser and not have a stable or working rom, or switch and be able to use bobs great rom. no idea why superuser was constantly not working, straight out the gate it just wasnt working - and i know im in the minority. SU does have a mode to allow switching to other roms to avoid the problems you mention, but as i say - its not something im in a hurry to change, as long as it functions as it should and doesnt crash on me - thats good enough :-)

i did note while browsing the old interweb that the problems i was seeing are quite common with superuser above version 3.0 on some roms. that doesnt explain why noone else here (including bob) were having the same problem, id love to know why that is. but until an answer presents itself, superSU will do the job, if it works then i cant see why theres a rush to change. plus SU does have a nicer prompt than superuser lol

Comment

an idea just occured to me though....i did read that hard resetting can cause the loss of root - now in this an all of the previous roms after the initial boot when i have no sound or sd access - which is explained by Bob, i also cant use the touch screen, so i have always pressed the power button to switch off, then boot normally and all is fine. thats never been a problem before, but im wondering if with the inclusion of a newer superuser in this rom that by doing that it is somehow losing root....

Comment

Yes doing a reset with the pin hole can be dangerous to the file system. It's not just loosing root but it can hose files up. So when you first flash and the screen comes up PLEASE wait a while before hitting that reset pin hole! This is to allow the system to complete building the dalvic-cache and /data. If your too quick to reboot, good chance you will hose up the system.

What I do is on first boot wait until the screen times out on it's own. Then while it's asleep, I hit the pin hole.

I think I explain this in the new readme.txt?

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Yes doing a reset with the pin hole can be dangerous to the file system. It's not just loosing root but it can hose files up. So when you first flash and the screen comes up PLEASE wait a while before hitting that reset pin hole! This is to allow the system to complete building the dalvic-cache and /data. If your too quick to reboot, good chance you will hose up the system.

What I do is on first boot wait until the screen times out on it's own. Then while it's asleep, I hit the pin hole.

I think I explain this in the new readme.txt
                Bob
                What i mean is after flashing on first boot when theres no sound, i press and hold power to power off, i never use the pin reset. Its what ive always had to do after first boot of any rom. I dont remember it being in the readme, but because ive flashed a few times now i may well have missed it. Its strange that its only 2.2 which has been a prob. Not to worry, SU has solved it for me, and as its just me thats effected its all good and the roms running sweet :-)

Comment

Bob, do we need to run the supercharger script every time we reboot as is the case with some scripts, or do the changes persist between boots? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
                    Bob, do we need to run the supercharger script every time we reboot as is the case with some scripts, or do the changes persist between boots? Thanks!
                    No mate it should persist through bootup..

Comment

Originally posted by blinkydamo View Post
                      No mate it should persist through bootup..
                      ok thanks, wasnt sure as some scripts do need to be run each time - cheers :-)

Comment

Well in fact the 99charger script is run each reboot automatically. Thats is what init.d is. Any scripts in there run every boot up.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Well in fact the 99charger script is run each reboot automatically. Thats is what init.d is. Any scripts in there run every boot up.

Bob
                          Great Bob, thanks for the clarification :-)

just got to add 2.2 really is killer, fastest ever, super smooth. multitasking is so much better, especially my old nemesis of browsing and listening to poweramp! no glitches (ok maybe a very few if its a heavy page). superSU is still doing well, many thanks and congrats Bob :-)

Comment

If I'm running the old 2.2 Pro ROM and am not having problems, is there an advantage to upgrading to 2.2a?

Comment

have a look a page 4, 2.2 was a beta version - a mix up on the server, bob recommened everyone update to 2.2a :-)

Comment

Sorry folks - another question! - a lot of things are occuring to me! Bob, does the latest set of Roms from yourself act the same on both 4gb and 8gb versions of the G2? I ask because when i check the space available, its more like I have a 4GB G2 rather than an 8GB? I dont have the numbers handy at the mo, but just wondered if the gb size wasnt a relevant factor for the roms? Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X