No announcement yet.

NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up until today, I've been cruising along with the 2.2 ROM you first posted. Well today I decided to clean up my G2 and go ahead and flash that 2.2a version. Now, the Superuser app keeps force closing on me.

What do I need to do with that? Without root, many of the apps I use don't work.

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Up until today, I've been cruising along with the 2.2 ROM you first posted. Well today I decided to clean up my G2 and go ahead and flash that 2.2a version. Now, the Superuser app keeps force closing on me.

What do I need to do with that? Without root, many of the apps I use don't work.

Randy
      Did you update the SuperSU binary after first boot? Try that and see what happens with your rooted apps.
      Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
      HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
      Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Nope. I'm reaching for my trusty paperclip right now...

Randy
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

have a look through this thread, theres been a few issues with the superuser app. i had the same as you and resolved it by downloading supersu from the market and getting rid of the superuser app, it caused me (and a few others it now seems) no end of bother. supersu works with no problems though.

if i remember right, i think bob (or someone?) said it was to do with the appinjector revoking the root privelages somehow

Comment

Ok, now flashed back.

I dont have superSU, its Superuser. When I launch Superuser, it never asks for new binaries, and I cant find where to manually do it. I decided not to use app injector this time, nor the v6. So I'm not getting fc on superuser. The minute I do one of those, I run into problems. I can't figure out how to use the new app injector program.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

you have to download superSU from the market, then once you have it - get rid of the superuser app

Comment

Got SuperSU installed, now how do i delete Superuser? It won't just uninstall.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

to be honest you dont necessarily need to uninstall it, as superSU uses its own binaries and should take over from superuser automatically, but if you really want to remove it, find the superuser.apk file (i think its in the system/app folder - if not then just have a search for it in es file explorer), reboot and ure done

Comment

I got it working!!!

After flashing, I let it boot all the way once. Allowing it to go to sleep mode before shutting down.

After the second boot, I set up my google account and immediately went and installed SuperSU over the existing Superuser. I didn't remove Superuser.

After another reboot, just because, I went and installed Smanager with widgets, and went through the V6 installation.

I rebooted one more time, and after a 3 or 4 minute wait, the system booted up completely without any problems.

Running the V6 script one more time revealed 100% supercharged.

Then to get Titanium and restore all my apps.

I'm back in business!!!

Randy
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

yup superSU solves everything, and as i say as it uses its owns binaries u dont really need to uninstall superuser. it seems to have more support in forums etc than superuser does these days too

Comment

i now i use supersu too.
                        its better on ics too.
                        because i have a app for downloading somethings ,but after downloading its say with superuser installing ....... .
                        but it install nothing .
                        i must do it mannually with clicking on the taskbar.
                        with supersu no problems

Verstuurd van mijn ARN10bG3-Freaktab met Tapatalk
                        if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

ok so im waiting for my tab to reboot after running the v6 everything went smooth after the poof my tab stayed black so i reset now im waiting for it to reboot been about 2 min. still just a static screen so the instructions say run the script again does that mean the entire process like the first time right? so far its still just staring at me static like i said everything went fine it said it made the script just like its suppose to so what if also i just keep getting a static screen ?
                          freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

ok i guess i went wrong somewhere cause 15 min later still static boot screen which by the way Damo is awsome but i guess ill try to reflash and see what happens

Comment

10g2 pro rom

ok so i sat forever waiting for reboot nothing so i reflashed now i just ran the script and after poof screen went black should i hit rest after a few or what the instructions say you probably are stuck so hit pinhole but if i hit pinhole and then power on tab do i just wait or what a little help please

Comment

ok i done it got through without a hitch that time i was takin one wrong step where Bob says watch closely and if no message about could not create script that got me so be careful right there im 100 percent superchargedonce again BOB you da man

Comment

Working...
                                X