Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK try this then.

Tablet powered off. No USB cable.
    Hold volume DOWN (-). NOw press power button and hold BOTH until screen just comes up. NOw release power but keep holding volume down a little longer.

See if that does it.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hey Bob, it worked.

I had to hold volume (-) and then power button untill the black freaktab bootscreen comes up,
      then release power button and still press the volume (-) button untill cwm gets started.
      Are you going to update your readme in the package? I think there will be more newbies in future
      with this tab landing here because its the first and only Custom ROM you can find in www :-)

Gesendet von meinem AN8BG3 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Can you help me update the readme please?

Thanks!

Bob

Comment

Of course, no problem.
          I will edit it in about 10 hours at work, there its more comfortable for me.
          In general I hate typing but you helped so much and I want to help
          to say thx.
          Aren't you a member @ arctablet? Perhaps they can edit their arnova 8b G3 section
          to tell the world that there is a ROM available :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mufi View Post
            Of course, no problem.
            I will edit it in about 10 hours at work, there its more comfortable for me.
            In general I hate typing but you helped so much and I want to help
            to say thx.
            Aren't you a member @ arctablet? Perhaps they can edit their arnova 8b G3 section
            to tell the world that there is a ROM available :-)

Thanks you! I also HATE doing readme's but people need them as you pointed out. I think I am one of the few Dev's that spend the time to make a half way decent readme. But I really do hate doing it.

As for Arctablet. Yes I am a member there but that guy and I have different views on how to do things. I have no problem with people posting here about ROMs, links, or stuff over on arctablet. However the return is not true. He does not like how I work and do things and thus I am not allowed to post my ROMs or any information about my ROMs over there. YET.... He comes over here all the time and takes info from us. In fact when I post the stock ROM, since he does not have one, he will probably get it from here. Yes he will probably give credit to you for dumping it, but I don't expect much credit to FreakTab for you being here to do it.
            Enough politics.... My ROM's smoke anything he does anyway

Anyway thanks for helping me on the README.... Many will appreceate it! As you see I give full credit to you for making this ROM a reality!

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

I've updated ReadME, perhaps you may have look at it, I'm not native english speaking as you know.
              Nice Thread about the Stock ROM ;-)

README FIRST.zip

EDIT: I think you can mark your ROM as tested now, because I have no troubles.
              CWM and superuser works and all the account using apps like youtube, gmail and gplay I use so far.

EDIT: Is it normal, that I can't See Details of battery usage in the settings?I didn't have a look in it as Stock ROM was installed.
              Last edited by mufi; 08-13-2012, 19:06.

Comment

Standard Android Apps

Hey, just installed your Rom and I have to admit it is fast!
                But eventhough installed I cannot use apps like contacts.apk or calendar.apk on the device. They are not visible in the launcher, permisions are set to 666.
                Any suggestions?

I'd like to use your magic in the Arnova 8cg3 too, got a rooted rom from arctablet, could dump it.

thx in advance

Comment

Hi,
                  I didn't try these apks. Can you admit,that battery details couldn't be seen?
                  Do you also miss the move to sd Button in App manager?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation Z710e mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

yes i can confirm both, are those apps visible in your launcher? i mean contacts or calendar?

or in our native tongue: bei mir funktionierts das von dir angesprochene auch nicht ;-)

Comment

Achso hi jetzt noch wach?
                      Ich antworte dann mal weiter auf Englisch,damit die anderen alles mitkriegen.
                      I saw them only as apk via Explorer,but why need of contacts?I can follow you in needing calendar but both could be replaced by other apps from gplay.
                      I also miss the mass storage Option via Usb.I can't connect my tab via Usb with my tv because the arnova Shows itself as camera and that is shit.

Comment

well i like those apps and as they are on the system i'd like to use them. regarding mass storage i'm fond of living without it as my galaxy nexus has none either. but it was available from stock though

Comment

This is the same as stock! All I did was root it, convert to EXT4, and added CWM. Oh and also added Gplay. The calendar APP I used must not be compatible. Contacts is NOT a APP per say. It is used in other apps. Like mail etc.

Nothing as far as APPs or mass storage should have changed.

Unless the ROM dump is not the same?

Bob

Comment

oh no Bob,
                            that is not your fault.I think you missunderstood me.
                            Arnova changed its usb connection style I think in first to
                            avoid changes or manipulations. So,when I connect
                            my Htc Sensation,I can use it like an usb stick.This Arnova connects
                            itself as portable device like camera and some mp3 players.
                            So there were more restrictions when connected in file
                            Operations.It was so with Stock ROM, I didn't try copying
                            restricted files with your custom ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              This is the same as stock! All I did was root it, convert to EXT4, and added CWM. Oh and also added Gplay. The calendar APP I used must not be compatible. Contacts is NOT a APP per say. It is used in other apps. Like mail etc.

Nothing as far as APPs or mass storage should have changed.

Unless the ROM dump is not the same?

Bob
                              so you changed the calendar app? to clarifie what i mean with contacts there's an frontend for creating, changing contacts. the contacts are actually synced an on the device. i'll try reverting those apps to the stock version, manually fix permissions and report back.

Comment

Urrgh,
                                I really can't remember of contacts in Stock ROM.And I hadn't stock Calendar.
                                So you mean you had them with stock ROM in 8B G3?That would mean that your stock ROM was different to mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X