Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommybj79 View Post
    HI,

when I use this ROM the touchscreen doesnt´work, Did any body know where ist my mistake?
    Hi Tommy,

do you really own ARNOVA 8b G3? Seems like you have another device.

German:
    Hallo Tommy,

besitzt du wirklich ein Arnova 8b G3? Klingt so, als wäre es ein anderes Modell.

mufi

Comment

Hi Mufi,

I have this version:
      Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! arnovatech.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf arnovatech.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

I think this must be the Arnova 8(b?) G3 (Ref 502073 P/N Arnova 8 G3 8GB EU/US)
      Because the Arnova 8c looks different.

Comment

Originally posted by tommybj79 View Post
        Hi Mufi,

I have this version:
        Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! arnovatech.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf arnovatech.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

I think this must be the Arnova 8(b?) G3 (Ref 502073 P/N Arnova 8 G3 8GB EU/US)
        Because the Arnova 8c looks different.
        Hi Tommy,

that is wrong, you have another model, the 8b G3 is not listed on arnova's site and will never be.
        You can try this: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featur...gle-play-root/

That's the correct cfw for your tablet. Sorry for linking Bob, but I couldn't find a version from you.

German:
        Hallo Tommy,

du hast ein anderes Modell. Du hast das reine 8 G3 (ohne b). Du kannst folgenden Link ausprobieren:

Du musst wahrscheinlich erst die originale Firmware wieder aufspielen, damit du die neue
        von Arctablet nutzen kannst.

Die originale findest du hier: http://arnovatech.com/support/update...try=jp&lang=en

Anleitung ist auch dort mit bei. Vielleicht kannst du aber auch eine Maus anschließen, wenn du
        ein OTG Kabel hast, um dir den Schritt mit der originalen Firmware zu ersparen.

Excuse @all, but I didn't translate everything from german to english because I am at work and have no time.

greetz mufi

Comment

Hi Mufi,

Thank You this was my mistake, because I also ordered some 10b G3 and I thought the Arnova 8 is also a " b" Version. But then it would be printed on the frame

I have tested the other ROM previously but it runs not very well. It is slow and crashes too often. Especially in Flash applications.

I have tested this Flash Application on 10b G2, 10b G3, 101 xs,7 G2, 8 G2 , 8G3 (Stock ROM) and it runs good. At the moment I´m testing where the problem might be! maybe it's just a broken sd card (I hope so)!

Thanks for your help mufi !

Comment

If I can get a stock 8 G3 ROM I would be glad to make a better ROM for you

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              If I can get a stock 8 G3 ROM I would be glad to make a better ROM for you

Bob
              Hi Bob,

actual Stock ROM for ARNOVA 8 G3 can be found on arnova site or here: http://arnovatech.com/support/firmwa...712/update.img

I think you will make Tommy happy, if you can make a Custom ROM.

Greetz
              mufi

Comment

Originally posted by mufi View Post

I think you will make Tommy happy, if you can make a Custom ROM.
                Yes that would be very nice!!

Thanks in advance

Comment

Arnova-8b-G3-Finless-1-4-EXT4-and-CWM-BETA-2

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  UPDATE! BETA 2.
                  This should fix the "sorry Settings has closed" problem on first boot with calibration. Let me know.

Bob

OK folks with the success of being able to convert the 10b G3 to EXT4 and add my version of ClockWork MOD, I got a request from Mufi to make an Arnova 8b G3 ROM in the same fashion.

Special thanks to Muri for dumping his stock ROM so I could make this for everyone.

Please note: Since I cannot fully test this ROM it is a BETA version. I can boot this ROM on my 10G2 so I know it is not a brick ROM. But I cannot test anything else. Only your feedback will make it better.

Features:
                  1) Converted slower EXT3 file systems to EXT4 file systems. These means system, Data, and Cache!
                  2) My ClockWork Recovery mod!
                  3) GPlay Installed with fixes for full Market.
                  4) Increased /system space for rooted apps to 300MB
                  5) Increased user APP space to 2GB
                  6) Added the SDcard platform.xml fix so apps can use External SDcard instead of just internal.
                  7) Of course it is rooted with the latest ChainDD SU and SuperUser.apk

Please see the README.TXT in the ROM kit for instructions!

OK here is the new BETA 2 ROM for the 8bG3.

ROM -> Arnova 8bG2 Finless Version 1.4 - EXT4 & CWM (147 megs)

Enjoy,
                  Bob
                  hello, i can't find the rom, the link doesn't work. Can someone help me please ?
                  thanks
                  (sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                    hello, i can't find the rom, the link doesn't work. Can someone help me please ?
                    thanks
                    (sorry for my bad english)

hi go here and request a link fix .

most links got broken awhile back . Bob will fix them if you need .
                    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Hi all,

I know I am digging out a thread, but I wish to thank you all for your job on it. I manage to install a proper rom, rooted with gplay, and that's quite a relief to get more functionalities on this tab.
                      For other people that may come: the readme provided in the main zip file to be downloaded (Post #1) shows a wrong method to go to Download mode (UP volume + Reset buttons). You should read the one provided in post #21: the method to get your tab to download mode is DOWN Volume + reset buttons.

Cheers
                      Sylvain

Comment

Working...
                      X