Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 10G2 Morka ROM + Finless Mod - Google Play 1.4.7

UPDATE 3/13/2012
    The first ROM was based on Morka's sudo 1.12. Morka has released some updated APKs which he now calls 1.13 specific for the 10G2. I have tested these but really see no difference?
    So this new updated ROM is exactly the same as before but with these updated APKs
    Camera, Settings, SystemUI, Gallery3d, LatinIME

For those that have already flashed yesterday ROM (link now gone) you "may" get by with only having to FLASH system.img with the tool. But to be safe a full eraseIDB and reflash is reccomended. If you get force close on stuff flashing only system.img, then try a full reflash.

The link down below has been updated so use it to download the new ROM. The file name now has 1.13 in it.

Enjoy,
    Bob

This ROM is by popular request! Morka's Honeycomb like ROM which I like to call HoneyBread

This is Morka's ROM with some apps removed and my changes for PROPER EXT4 for speed, and other modification for performance that I have been doing with all my ROMs.

PLEASE READ....... THE README.TXT file in my ROM kit to understand the details and changes I have made. It is really too much to document here in this post but here is a summary:

1) I had to removed all Morka's added apps due to no factual understanding of copyright. It is super important that we all understand copyright and even if apps are FREE it does not mean you have the right to distribute. I really do understand this stuff so for this Web site and protection from law suites, I had to remove this stuff. If Morka got the OK from a copyright owner to distribute in his ROM, great.... But I do not know about this and thus I must be careful. Last thing we want is a shutdown because of a simple violation of the EULA. I hope you all understand this?

2) I removed most of Morka's changes to build.prop. I have done a hell of a lot of testing and I know these build.prop changes and I found most of them give stability issues vs the trade off to performance! A lot of these mods are well known but when and where to apply them is a user preference. So again READ the readme.txt as I list what I removed so you can easily add them if you want. I think you will find my updated ROM performance far exceeds anything add in build.prop! But you all be the judge! I expect you too

WARNING! This is for the Arnova 10 G2 ONLY. It is NOT for the 10b G2 resistive or capacitive versions! Flash this and you WILL brick your tablet if you do not have a 10 G2!

NOTE: Morka's ROM had Button Savior on because some apps go full screen and you CANNOT exit back to the Launcher! I had to remove it from the ROM since we really do not have permission from the developer to include it in a ROM.
    So if you go to the Market (Google Play) and download and install Button Savior, this exit problem will be fixed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FydC5zd2tleSJd

Bob

Finally, this is NOT my ROM. It is Morka's ROM with my root and performance enhancements as requested by users here!! If there is a BUG in the ROM, I cannot help you and this is not a problem with my version. It is a BUG in the Morka ROM. He is constantly working on improving his ROM and so I will try to do the same as he releases more versions.

Please remember to give Morka For his work! I can tell you he has put a HELL of a lot of time into it!

This ROM is based off of Morka's 1.0 ROM with updated library files and launcher3.0. It is what he would call Morka Mod 1.12.
    As of this date Mar 12 2012, this is Morka's latest ROM for the 10 G2.

Last note: I have invited Morka to join the ROM developers group here. He has an open invite with no strings attached I think he may not speak English that well so maybe he did not understand my invite?
    MORKA, Please if you would like, we would be happy to have you and you can have a download area with no strings attached! No pop-up advertising downloads, etc! Please I hope you join us here

OK so here is the download for the Morka ROM with Finless Enhancements:

ROM DOWNLOAD -> Arnova 10G2 MORKA MOD 1.13 + Finless MODS (163 megs)

I hope you enjoy this ROM!

Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

Damo - Forum Moderator

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE LINK BELOW

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You
    Last edited by Damo; 07-13-2012, 14:22.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

SWEET!!! My Arnova is waiting!!! Downloading now.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      I hope you enjoy this ROM!

Bob
      Will this work on the Arnova 10 G2 Philly Inq too? I would like to check it out to see what it's like if so. I suppose I could just try it and see, but I'd rather check first ;-)

thanks,
      -Neill.

Comment

Originally posted by neillmchi View Post
        Will this work on the Arnova 10 G2 Philly Inq too? I would like to check it out to see what it's like if so. I suppose I could just try it and see, but I'd rather check first ;-)

thanks,
        -Neill.
        Yes it will perfectly BUT... you will not have any of the "philly" apps installed.

Bob

Comment

cool
          morka posted a new version of his rom on arctablet.com - does it contain your modifications?
          Originally posted by finless
          He is constantly working on improving his ROM and so I will try to do the same as he releases more versions.
          does that mean morka is not going to implement your changes in his future releases?
          Arnova10G2: USB to Ethernet - PLEASE TELL ME HOW?

Comment

This ROM will be only for Arnova or you planning port to other tablets ?

Comment

Excellent and thank you - btw what bugs will remain that should only be fixed by Morka ? Also I have checked out Morkas thread over at arctab and think it is very gentlemanly and right of you to make it very clear it is a Morka Rom even though you have done so much work on it too. Well done

Comment

Thank you a lot for your work and your time, Bob . I'm happy to be a part of this community and thank you to you all for accepting me as a member. My hope is not only to take but also to give, but I have to study more and more before...

Comment

Philly Tab

Originally posted by neillmchi View Post

thanks,
                  -Neill.
                  i can confirm this works for the Philly tab. Great work Morka and Finless.

Comment

firstly i gotta say WOW!!! (note the three exclamation marks) what a brilliant rom, i thought the last was good but the is mother fudging awesome. i have had a play and unless i am missing something, i have noticed a glitch or two, when i run the gallery or music player (havent tried other apps yet) it goes full screen and there is no way out of the app unless i reboot with a paper clip. am i missing something?

thanks
                    jamie

Comment

Bob will be doing another Rom tonight based on the new Morka 1.13 Rom that was released yesterday that should fix those problems

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
                      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                      </form>

Comment

does anyone else have browser closing issues? - still a great rom

Comment

all in all it looks quite nice, and performs quite well....

i have found a way around the getting out of apps after the home/back button is no longer available in them, so as you don't have to press reset hard button

if you just press the screen off hard button then turn the screen back on you are met with the slide to unlock screen (for this part you need to be fast) slide to unlock and then press either the home or back button quickly, before the game/app or whatever you were doing b4 loads up again.

hope that helps..

also i came up with an idea for a app that might help everyone if some one could make it that is..

basically, if we could create a app that would load up after assigning it a physical key (up/down volume or the power button) that would pop up after pressed with the home or back virtual button.

i got this idea from gamecih, a cheat tool for games on android

Comment

Morka's ROM had Button Savior on it for this reason. I had to remove it since we really do not have permission from the developer to include it in a ROM.

So if you go to the Market (Google Play) and download and install Button Savior, this APP exit problem will be fixed.

Bob

Comment

UPDATE GUYS!

Morka has released some updated APKs to fix the camera and other apps for the 10G2. So I will be UPDATING my ROM in an hour or so.

I am pulling the current download link so as not to confuse people that are about to download the ROM.

Stay tuned.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X