X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petucker
    replied
    Boot up time?

After all applications are reinstalled, will the tablet continue to boot up as quickly as it shows on the video? That would be wonderful. Mine presently takes 90 seconds to 2 minutes to boot up, so I rarely turn it off. Thanks for any info to be offered.

Leave a comment:

• ScottTait
    replied
    Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
    Using 2.2b of Finless' ROM I can run all versions of Angry Birds (original, Rio, Seasons & Space) EXCEPT Star Wars version. It will install (because Google Play thinks it's a Galaxy Tab) but it won't run.

Harold

My name's Harold and I'm a flashaholic....

Same here Harold, I have the following versions of Angry Birds ALL WORKING with NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Angry Birds 2.20
    Angry Birds Rio 1.4.4
    Angry Birds Seasons 2.5.0
    Angry Birds Space 1.1.0

These are the latest versions that will work with the 2.2 Pro ROM, any versions after these do not work (I've tested the most recent updates and the ones after those stated above)

Hope that helps anyone else with the same problem

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

It is sad that app dev's have run off and left totally behind the technology that was bleeding edge exactly a year ago.

I gave my G2 to my daughter a couple of months ago and then a few days ago she brought it to me and said her game wouldn't work. Shure enough it updated, and now requires a beefier platform to run. Really?

At the very least, she can use it for Kindle or Nook to read her books for school still. (until they too won't work on anything less than Jellybean)

I hate to even mention this, but my 2 year old tablet running Froyo is far less useful except for very basic stuff. It's an Archos 70.

We here at Freaktab sometimes marvel at how fast the tech is advancing, but I'm old school enough to believe that one year old technology becoming obsolete over night is a huge waste. Hell, a good PC back in the early days could give you at least 3-4 years of service before it earned its place in the Smithsonian.

That's my soapbox for the night. It's been a while...I didn't think I still had it in me...ha!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    I have now debugged Angry Birds star wars on 2.2B. We do not have enough memory to run it!

So this is why it wont work. We need a meg of memory not 512!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• HaroldG
    replied
    Re: Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Originally posted by ScottTait View Post
    As far as I know Angry Birds Star Wars doesn't work with Rockchip r29 tablets (I think that's what I read somewhere)

I have a problem with all other versions of angry birds not working. I'm using the 1.5c rom on an Arnova 10 g2, hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me
    Using 2.2b of Finless' ROM I can run all versions of Angry Birds (original, Rio, Seasons & Space) EXCEPT Star Wars version. It will install (because Google Play thinks it's a Galaxy Tab) but it won't run.

Harold

Leave a comment:

• ScottTait
    replied
    Originally posted by dindondav View Post
    Dears, thanks a lot for your work on our tablets, I have a Lazer tablet (a italian clone of Arnova 10)....I'm trying all your custom ROM asap when are availables....speed and performances are very better than the original.
    Only one open issue for me but mainly for my little boy..new Angry birds Star wars is not working on any of your Roms...I know that is not a big problem for all the others users, but I hope you will take in consideration also the opinion of the futures users...other way I will send you him crying every night when you sleep...:-)), thanks a lot in advance if you will consider solve it..regards and my best good luck!!

As far as I know Angry Birds Star Wars doesn't work with Rockchip r29 tablets (I think that's what I read somewhere)

I have a problem with all other versions of angry birds not working. I'm using the 1.5c rom on an Arnova 10 g2, hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me

Leave a comment:

• dindondav
    replied
    Angry bird Star Wars not working

Dears, thanks a lot for your work on our tablets, I have a Lazer tablet (a italian clone of Arnova 10)....I'm trying all your custom ROM asap when are availables....speed and performances are very better than the original.
    Only one open issue for me but mainly for my little boy..new Angry birds Star wars is not working on any of your Roms...I know that is not a big problem for all the others users, but I hope you will take in consideration also the opinion of the futures users...other way I will send you him crying every night when you sleep...:-)), thanks a lot in advance if you will consider solve it..regards and my best good luck!!

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied

It will show about 4.7gig when you are done, because you have space taken up for system/apps and 2gig for user apps.

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied

Use the second one.

Still waiting for the new Jellybean.

We found it doesn't matter whether it's 4 or 8 gig. You get the maximum when you flash.

Leave a comment:

• tylertoo
    replied
    Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Hey, Tylertoo....

Neomode is getting ready to release a Jellybean ROM for the 10bG3. Snakekiller, Tattman65, and I have been testing this ROM for the past few months, working out the bugs, and today we finally made a breakthrough.

Once Neomode is done, maybe Snakekiller can do his UI magic to it.

In the meantime, I highly recommend the Snakegenmod ICS version.
    OK, I'm ready to root this 10bG3, and will use the Snakegenmod ICS for now. But I'm not sure which thread this is in.

This.
    Or this?

And how do you tell if you have the 4gig version or the 8gig? Under storage, my tablet says total space is 5.79G. Is that the 8?

Thanks again folks.

Leave a comment:

• tylertoo
    replied
    You can actually fix that on the PMN website. There's walk through instructions on the Beta Tablet forum. Let me know if you can't find them.
    Got it, many thanks. De-activated an earlier activation, and I'm good to go. You rock, Harold

So far I like this far better than the G2, and I haven't even rooted it yet.

Leave a comment:

• HaroldG
    replied

Originally posted by tylertoo View Post
    Harold, thanks. I actually found the apps on a link that you had posted a while back at the philly.com beta tablet forum in a dropbox link. So I'm set.

The apps work fine, though the Daily News one rejects my login, saying I have too many activations! Grrr.

I called but they're gone for the day.
    You can actually fix that on the PMN website. There's walk through instructions on the Beta Tablet forum. Let me know if you can't find them.

Leave a comment:

• tylertoo
    replied
    The Philly Apps are, if I'm not mistaken, in one of the package.zip files bundled in 2.2 Pro (and perhaps even for 1.5) to go with Petrus' AppInjector.

If you can't find them, PM me. I'm not always monitoring here, so it might take a day or two for me to respond.
    Harold, thanks. I actually found the apps on a link that you had posted a while back at the philly.com beta tablet forum in a dropbox link. So I'm set.

The apps work fine, though the Daily News one rejects my login, saying I have too many activations! Grrr.

I called but they're gone for the day.

Leave a comment:

• HaroldG
    replied
    Originally posted by tylertoo View Post
    Well two months later they finally sent one back, and sure enough its a G3, so I will check out Snakekillers ROM. I assume it does not have the philly apps however. Is there a way to get them if I root this thing?

Thanks Bob.
    The Philly Apps are, if I'm not mistaken, in one of the package.zip files bundled in 2.2 Pro (and perhaps even for 1.5) to go with Petrus' AppInjector.

If you can't find them, PM me. I'm not always monitoring here, so it might take a day or two for me to respond.

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied

Sorry, I can't help you there. My G2 wasn't a Philly version.

Randy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X