X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelvedondave View Post
    Hi, Guys. I've installed the 1.5 Rom on my 10G2 without any problems and it works fine. One quibble though: if I now connect it to my desktop machine, Vista recognises the device as an Arnova 10G2 but says it cannot find any drivers. (There was no problem installing the Rockchip drivers for use in recovery mode). This is not really a problem as I prefer to transfer media by removing the micro SD card and inserting it into the desktop's reader, but I am curious to know whether there are any drivers that will allow Windows to recognise the device once it has been flashed with the 1.5 ROM.
    Try changing to USB debugging in the system settings

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS

Leave a comment:

• Kelvedondave
    replied
    Device Drivers for Arnova 10G2 After 1.5 ROM Flash Install.

Hi, Guys. I've installed the 1.5 Rom on my 10G2 without any problems and it works fine. One quibble though: if I now connect it to my desktop machine, Vista recognises the device as an Arnova 10G2 but says it cannot find any drivers. (There was no problem installing the Rockchip drivers for use in recovery mode). This is not really a problem as I prefer to transfer media by removing the micro SD card and inserting it into the desktop's reader, but I am curious to know whether there are any drivers that will allow Windows to recognise the device once it has been flashed with the 1.5 ROM.

Leave a comment:

• leguminator
    replied
    fantastic firmware for 10b g2

just works great !
    Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• MrWeelson
    replied
    Originally posted by baalmoloch View Post
    Thanks for the advice Bob! Got Mr Maplin to replace my tablet with a brand new one and no quibble! Credit to the retailer, highly recommended.
    I had exactly the same experience - no problem at all exchanging my 10G2.
    The chap did say he had one and had installed custom roms which voided the warranty, I said nothing!

Not sure that would stand up, don't think a rom flash would cause a hardware failure.

Leave a comment:

• baalmoloch
    replied
    back on business!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Well if it is dead and hardware failed, they wont know you rooted it. Rooting was not the cause. A hardware failure is worth returning it for a refund. Heck you could have been flashing a stock update ROM from the manufacturer when the flash ROM failed.

Bob
    Thanks for the advice Bob! Got Mr Maplin to replace my tablet with a brand new one and no quibble! Credit to the retailer, highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• jamieb158
    replied
    You are aware of the 2.0 rom? I thought 1.5 was cool. Til this!

The best things in life.... Arent things.

Leave a comment:

• PhilE
    replied
    Hey Bob, just wanted to express my thanks to you and Petrus for the 1.5c ROM. Great bit of work, flashed it this morning and I'm really happy with all the improvements. The AppInjector thing is pure genius, much beter than the 'fixes' for Google play that TOPTSNBM* are telling people to carry out.

I'd previously been using your old 1.1 ROM but managed to brick my tablet while playing around with some other firmware from somewhere else, so I thought that was an ideal opportunity to install something new and fresh.

* The Other Place That Shall Not Be Named

Leave a comment:

• RaYx
    replied
    gracias

Leave a comment:

• spangle
    replied
    Like a new Tablet - Thank You

I've just tried this ROM and am thrilled - it's like my 10G is a whole new device.

So I wanted to say a big thank you to Bob, and to Petrus, and to anyone else who contributed. You guys are great & I really appreciate what you have done.

Only after I'd installed this did I see the "GingerComb" http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...OM-Version-2-0. I've now flashed with this and am even more impressed, just working through a few niggles but overall looks FANTASTIC!

Thanks a lot guys
    Last edited by spangle; 06-05-2012, 12:38. Reason: linked to GingerComb thread

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Well if it is dead and hardware failed, they wont know you rooted it. Rooting was not the cause. A hardware failure is worth returning it for a refund. Heck you could have been flashing a stock update ROM from the manufacturer when the flash ROM failed.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• baalmoloch
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    On the RKBatch tool use restore not upgrade. Sometimes that will work. If not sorry to say sounds like you had a hardware failure

Bob
    Ha, yes, I had tried that as well, with the same outcome. Thanks very much Bob. I guess that with a rooted tablet I won't have a chance of refund or replacement, as it voids the warranty

Leave a comment:

• mixmaxmux
    replied
    Bluetooth

Hello Bob, I have installed the Rom 1,5 and it works very fine. Very thanks for the very good work. Only one question, is possible insert inte the ROM 1.5c the BT driver for handle the BT stick? regards

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    On the RKBatch tool use restore not upgrade. Sometimes that will work. If not sorry to say sounds like you had a hardware failure

Bob

Leave a comment:

• baalmoloch
    replied
    Help with 10G2 sudden fault

Hi all, I hope your wisdom can save my tablet.

I have been running Finless ROM 1.5b for several months on my Arnova 10G2 without any problem. This morning, the tablet was very sluggish and it took several seconds for any screen press to register and launch applications. I rebooted the tablet and the problem was the same. I shut down the table and now it will not even reboot! when on AC, the green light shows full charge. I tried reset, nothing' I tried recovery mode on my computer, nothing either! The tablet does not show as hard drive in windows explorer, whereas it is recognised as a Rockship device in the device manager.

I attempted several times to flash the ROM again and the RKAndroidTool detects the device; I am able to successfully erase the IDB. However, when running the tool, I have the following messages:
    "Download Boot OK"
    "start to test device"
    "test device OK"
    "start to download IDB"
    "ERROR Download IDB failed"

I then attempted to flash the original factory ROM using the Rockship batch tool (with appropriate drivers) but then again, the tool shows a BLUE square (not green or pink) and when clicking Upgrade, it fails for IDB.

I am at a loss what to do now. I have flashed this tablets many times without any problem and need your advice.

Thanks!!!!

Leave a comment:

• anthonycar9
    replied
    Originally posted by krafte View Post
    I have been trying to install the 1.5 version on my Arnova 10 G2 Philly, and it has bricked it every time. Any suggestions?? I watched the video and followed the directions on the readme file to the letter... any help? I would really like to successfully flash my tablet with this ROM!!!!
    The other day i was flashing Rom 2.0 from Rom 1.5 and just like you stated i "thought i had bricked my tab cause all i got was a black screen and i looked at the flash tool and it said all was fine, so i reflashed but this time i got stuck/hung in a loop at the animation screen, and i went into panic mode, but then i thought like Bob said that one of my files must of had gotten corrupted somehow so i went back, DELETED all of the files from the ROM and re-downloaded the ROM, Did another flash with the "NEW" files and "VWALLA, PRESTO, CHANGEO" my Tab was operating back to normal again, try deleting the entire file that your flashing from re-download it and try flashing again. IT WORKED FOR ME! Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X