X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tabdude
    replied
    Many, many thanks

Just finished the install on this, and what a treat!! The installer is a lot easier to use with this rom, and now my arnova is lightening quick!!
    Had previously a ICS rom,but everything kept freezing, so this is a blessing, thanks for all the hard work Bob.

I am now really tempted to start looking into android myself as most people I know are Ipad users

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Download the kit again and extract it again. Something may have gotten messed up with one of the files.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• krafte
    replied
    Yep I am able to flash back to the original ROM. I have no doubt that your ROM works, I'm pretty confident the problem is a user error somewhere, I just can't figure out what I have done wrong... I will try it again fresh later and see if somehow I do something different. Thanks again for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Are you able to flash back to the stock ROM?

It appears that even though the flash tool reports no errors, it is obviously not getting flashed properly.
    The ROM works. Many have used it already.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• krafte
    replied
    Yes I did erase IDB and I did check the loader box (before clicking erase IDB). I just tried again and waited and still I have a dark screen (it is bricked again).. There were no red eroor messages while flashing. I did get through the "reboot and go into recovery screen and format the system." I let it continue for now 8 minutes and nothing further has happened. I have left the tablet plugged into the computer during this whole process. Do I need to unplug it for the final reboot/boot process? any other suggestions? Also the offset box next to loader is empty, is that right? thanks again for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    OK so are you erasing IDB and checking the loader box in the flash tool?

ALso realize first boot after flash takes a while so be patient. Wait at least 4 minutes the first time.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• krafte
    replied
    Arnova 10 G2 Philly brick

I have been trying to install the 1.5 version on my Arnova 10 G2 Philly, and it has bricked it every time. Any suggestions?? I watched the video and followed the directions on the readme file to the letter... any help? I would really like to successfully flash my tablet with this ROM!!!!

Leave a comment:

• brightangeluk
    replied
    WI FI not responding

Just tried to use wifi to get google account yet I just get an error message from the wifi setting. Any thoughts as to were I am going wrong? Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• brightangeluk
    replied
    Space at last

Thank you for a wonderful piece of software. The Arnova runs so much quicker rather than a bloated hippo. I did get google play installed before but it took 4 minutes to turn on the machine. Not a good selling point when showing friends. Now it is as fast as 4 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by Eggie View Post
    Hi, I bought my Arnova 10G2 about six months ago to use mainly as a personal organiser (can't afford an Ipad). I was disappointed to find that it wasn't set up to do anything very useful - I am not into games, videos etc. Even with the first root installation most of the things I wanted to use didn't work properly on it, and I couldn't get it to sync with my google calendar at all! I thought I had wasted my money. Luckily my partner is great at understanding all this stuff, and this weekend found and installed this second root 'thingy' for me.

I've just signed up here to say I think it's BRILLIANT! It boots very fast, the settings options are more like my phone, so I understand them, it instantly synced with my google calendar, I have my dropbox and pocket apps, and I can now read the full page of the info books I have downloaded on the kindle app. Very early days, but no instant gliches I can see.

So, a big thanks to you from me. It's like a whole new device and will now be very useful
    Great to see you got it sorted.

Bob has just released his Gingercomb Rom for the Arnova 10.G2 that has a full honeycomb experience.

http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?p=12806
    Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.0

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Eggie
    replied
    Thanks, works great

Hi, I bought my Arnova 10G2 about six months ago to use mainly as a personal organiser (can't afford an Ipad). I was disappointed to find that it wasn't set up to do anything very useful - I am not into games, videos etc. Even with the first root installation most of the things I wanted to use didn't work properly on it, and I couldn't get it to sync with my google calendar at all! I thought I had wasted my money. Luckily my partner is great at understanding all this stuff, and this weekend found and installed this second root 'thingy' for me.

I've just signed up here to say I think it's BRILLIANT! It boots very fast, the settings options are more like my phone, so I understand them, it instantly synced with my google calendar, I have my dropbox and pocket apps, and I can now read the full page of the info books I have downloaded on the kindle app. Very early days, but no instant gliches I can see.

So, a big thanks to you from me. It's like a whole new device and will now be very useful

Leave a comment:

• Kelvedondave
    replied
    Re-setting Arnova G2 for Warranty Purposes

Originally posted by Damo View Post
    Here you go follow this guide

Flashing Firmware Image Files Using The Rockchip Batch Tool

Many thanks for that Damo. Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelvedondave View Post
    HI, Guys. I installed the 1.5 ROM about 2 weeks ago and have been mightily impressed. However I think I'm going to have to return my 10 G2 to the shop because of an intermittent hardware problem that's getting more annoying, and I suspect the retailer will raise problems about it having been flashed; so I may need to revert to the manufacturer's settings.
    I have a copy of the firmware update that I installed as soon as it came out of the box. My question is, can I re-set by simply following the manufacturer's instructions to copy the update.img to the root of the device, firing it up and letting it do the rest (as one would do with a new device), or does the 1.5 ROM setup make it more complicated than this?
    The device is not bricked, it's just that the display periodically dissolves into to chaos for a few seconds or minutes and it's done this more or less since new, but it seems to be getting worse. I'll try the retailer first but I guess he'll do a re-boot and start moaning when the FreakTab welcome screen comes up.
    Here you go follow this guide

Flashing Firmware Image Files Using The Rockchip Batch Tool

Leave a comment:

• Kelvedondave
    replied
    Restoring the Arnova ROM

HI, Guys. I installed the 1.5 ROM about 2 weeks ago and have been mightily impressed. However I think I'm going to have to return my 10 G2 to the shop because of an intermittent hardware problem that's getting more annoying, and I suspect the retailer will raise problems about it having been flashed; so I may need to revert to the manufacturer's settings.
    I have a copy of the firmware update that I installed as soon as it came out of the box. My question is, can I re-set by simply following the manufacturer's instructions to copy the update.img to the root of the device, firing it up and letting it do the rest (as one would do with a new device), or does the 1.5 ROM setup make it more complicated than this?
    The device is not bricked, it's just that the display periodically dissolves into to chaos for a few seconds or minutes and it's done this more or less since new, but it seems to be getting worse. I'll try the retailer first but I guess he'll do a re-boot and start moaning when the FreakTab welcome screen comes up.

Leave a comment:

• chris_gray1980
    replied
    I've just found that link, I'll give it a bash when I can get my hands on the tablet lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X