Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

    UPDATE 4/8/2012. ROM is now 1.5c
    Google updated the Play Store to 3.5.16 and some apps.
    The new ROM is just an update for APP Injector and the latest Google store, etc.
    NO ROM changes.

    The ROM download is below and includes the new App Injector Package. Note file name is now 1.5c


    _______________________________________

    OK folks the wait is over! Been quite a few weeks getting everything together but my 1.5 ROM for the Arnova 10 G2 is done! THIS IS ONLY for the 10 G2! THIS IS NOT for the 10b G2 or any other model like resistive screen ,etc!
    NOTE! ALWAYS REBOOT AFTER THE FIRST BOOT FLASHING MY ROM! You may have no SD Card showing, No Audio, or other issues after first boot after a flash. So after first boot, reboot!

    I have to say this has been a labor of love by many people!

    Now before I go into what this ROM is, I want to answer a few things for some folks asking I put other stuff in this ROM. This is a total debloat for TOP performance! If any of you want me to make additions like adding Fenice57's bluetooth, 3g, etc, let me know and if there is enough demand I will make a derivative ROM with those added. Realize however the BT and 3G drivers will NOT make all BT and 3G sticks work!!! Only those which the drivers support. Best I can offer to those that want it.

    So what is this ROM anyway? Bottom line it is all about performance! To find out more:
    1) Read the README.TXT file in the ROM kit! I explain a lot in there.
    2) Watch the video I made explaining what my 1.5 ROM is, the benefits and reasons, and instructions on how to get the most out of it using Petrus' APP Injector!

    Here is the video download:
    VIDEO -> Arnova 10G2 Finless 1.5 ROM Overview and Instructions (91 megs)

    Here is a summary of 1.5 taken from the README:
    Features in 1.5 "performance" ROM:
    1) This has all the same features of my 1.4 ROM. FAST and REAL ext4 file system, 1gig app space, full root,etc.
    2) This is a total debloat of the ROM. All apps, etc are removed except a file explorer as you have to have that to do anything later. Google Play (Market) is also NOT installed. See below as I supply in this kit a APP injector. The reason for this is file system fragmentation! Having a ROM with a bunch of stuff you do not want in it, you remove them and then install others and this leaves the file system a mess. Especially on NAND memory devices! Now you can install what you want after flashing and keep a nice clean file system
    3) A full "settings" menu system! This is something many have asked for. Special thanks to Miklaus for making this new settings.apk. Now you get accounts and sync settings and all the stuff that has been missing from Arnova ROMs.
    4) A new WPA_Supplicant that will allow you to connect WiFi to Ad-hoc networks. Thank the Nextbook guys for figuring this one out!
    5) This has the latest Arnova Kernel and /system files!!!! This came from the recently released Arnova ROM for the "philly" 10G2 tablet from February 2012. Why the hell Arnova has not updated the regular 10 G2 I do not know. But this kernel has many fixes in it for problems that existed before.
    6) In this ROM kit is Petrus' APP Injector. This was written specifically to support my 1.5 ROM. What this does is after flashing you can now "inject" Google Play, Google add-on apps, Stock Arnova apps, Arnova "add-on" apps and the stock "Philly" apps if you have a philly 10G2 and want that stuff. You get to pick and choose what you want and not get stuff you do not want! It properly injects this stuff CLEANLY either in /system/app or data/app! A lot of testing went into this and where best to inject these apps for performance!
    7) This has my clear status bar at the top! However if you want the old status bar back contact me on FeakTab and I will give you the files and tell you how to put it back.
    8) I have removed the stupid Arnova "wizard" that causes the screen calibration to show up every time you do a reset. It is actually not removed I simply renamed it from Wizard.apk to Wizard.aps. This thing is really not needed. BUT removing it also stopped the "setup wizard" to also not show up on first boot. Big deal really. If you want all this back, simply open a "root" file explorer and go to /system/app and rename Wizard.aps to Wizard.apk. You now have all that back.

    Everything I have removed can be put back using Petrus' APP Injector! So I am not going to list everything removed. Trust me IT WAS A LOT OF CRAP Run his App Injector and see the list for yourself
    In the kit is a NEW folder called APP Injector.
    Please watch my video if you can’t figure out how to use it.
    But here are QUICK instructions:
    To use app injector you must do the following
    1) In the kit is a folder called App Injector. Copy the 2 files appinjector.apk and package.zip from that to the ROOT of your sdcard either external or internal if you do not have a physical sdcard.
    2) On the tablet open your sdcard using the file manager. Tap on appinjector.apk to install it.
    3) Run app injector. If you copied package.zip properly to the root directory of your sdcard you should be presented with a list of apps.
    4) Click the box next to each app you want to inject.
    5) Then at the top just tap the button "Install selected applications". It will then inject all the apps you selected!
    6) At this point you can uninstall appinjector if you like or leave it and later come back and install other apps!
    NOTE: If you click on an app that has already been installed, it WILL overwrite and reinstall the app.


    Credits:
    Special credits to the 1.5 development people:
    1) Petrus for the APP Injector. Without his work here things would be a lot harder for you guys to put apps back on this ROM and keep it FAST. He spent a lot of time to make this work and trust me... I AM PICKY. Awesome Job Petrus!
    2) Miklaus for his very COOL "system settings" APK. Miklaus is the MAN for reverse engineering this! THANK YOU Miklaus! I know a lot of others will love this too!
    3) Fenice57 for his still awesome performing ext4 file system
    4) Daman for his boot screens and super fast bootanimation. So you know, Daman's boot Animation is only 2 screens and very FAST. I tested and it only slows boot time by 2 seconds!


    OK so enough jibber jabber.... Here is the download:

    ROM -> Arnova 10G2 Finless Version 1.5 ROM (200 megs)


    I hope you 10G2 owners enjoy this ROM. Please feel free to provide feedback.

    Bob

    P.S. Sorry my video is in English (American). I can't speak other languages well enough to be comfortable doing a video with them. If I tried it would be a mess and a 2 hour video because I speak so slow
    Last edited by Finless; 12-01-2014, 02:38.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"






    #2
    Daman pointed out to me that the video links were not working. Sorry about that. It is fixed.

    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Bob and the rest.
      I've dl'd it and will flash it in morning (2 in morning here at mo).

      Watched vid, looks good.

      Comment


        #4
        AppInjector

        Originally posted by Finless View Post
        OK folks the wait is over! Been quite a few weeks getting everything together but my 1.5 ROM for the Arnova 10 G2 is done! THIS IS ONLY for the 10 G2! THIS IS NOT for the 10b G2 or any other model like resistive screen ,etc!
        NOTE! ALWAYS REBOOT AFTER THE FIRST BOOT FLASHING MY ROM! You may have no SD Card showing, No Audio, or other issues after first boot after a flash. So after first boot, reboot!

        I have to say this has been a labor of love by many people!

        Now before I go into what this ROM is, I want to answer a few things for some folks asking I put other stuff in this ROM. This is a total debloat for TOP performance! If any of you want me to make additions like adding Fenice57's bluetooth, 3g, etc, let me know and if there is enough demand I will make a derivative ROM with those added. Realize however the BT and 3G drivers will NOT make all BT and 3G sticks work!!! Only those which the drivers support. Best I can offer to those that want it.

        So what is this ROM anyway? Bottom line it is all about performance! To find out more:
        1) Read the README.TXT file in the ROM kit! I explain a lot in there.
        2) Watch the video I made explaining what my 1.5 ROM is, the benefits and reasons, and instructions on how to get the most out of it using Petrus' APP Injector!

        Here is the video download:
        VIDEO -> Arnova 10G2 Finless 1.5 ROM Overview and Instructions (91 megs)

        Here is a summary of 1.5 taken from the README:
        Features in 1.5 "performance" ROM:
        1) This has all the same features of my 1.4 ROM. FAST and REAL ext4 file system, 1gig app space, full root,etc.
        2) This is a total debloat of the ROM. All apps, etc are removed except a file explorer as you have to have that to do anything later. Google Play (Market) is also NOT installed. See below as I supply in this kit a APP injector. The reason for this is file system fragmentation! Having a ROM with a bunch of stuff you do not want in it, you remove them and then install others and this leaves the file system a mess. Especially on NAND memory devices! Now you can install what you want after flashing and keep a nice clean file system
        3) A full "settings" menu system! This is something many have asked for. Special thanks to Miklaus for making this new settings.apk. Now you get accounts and sync settings and all the stuff that has been missing from Arnova ROMs.
        4) A new WPA_Supplicant that will allow you to connect WiFi to Ad-hoc networks. Thank the Nextbook guys for figuring this one out!
        5) This has the latest Arnova Kernel and /system files!!!! This came from the recently released Arnova ROM for the "philly" 10G2 tablet from February 2012. Why the hell Arnova has not updated the regular 10 G2 I do not know. But this kernel has many fixes in it for problems that existed before.
        6) In this ROM kit is Petrus' APP Injector. This was written specifically to support my 1.5 ROM. What this does is after flashing you can now "inject" Google Play, Google add-on apps, Stock Arnova apps, Arnova "add-on" apps and the stock "Philly" apps if you have a philly 10G2 and want that stuff. You get to pick and choose what you want and not get stuff you do not want! It properly injects this stuff CLEANLY either in /system/app or data/app! A lot of testing went into this and where best to inject these apps for performance!
        7) This has my clear status bar at the top! However if you want the old status bar back contact me on FeakTab and I will give you the files and tell you how to put it back.
        8) I have removed the stupid Arnova "wizard" that causes the screen calibration to show up every time you do a reset. It is actually not removed I simply renamed it from Wizard.apk to Wizard.aps. This thing is really not needed. BUT removing it also stopped the "setup wizard" to also not show up on first boot. Big deal really. If you want all this back, simply open a "root" file explorer and go to /system/app and rename Wizard.aps to Wizard.apk. You now have all that back.

        Everything I have removed can be put back using Petrus' APP Injector! So I am not going to list everything removed. Trust me IT WAS A LOT OF CRAP Run his App Injector and see the list for yourself
        In the kit is a NEW folder called APP Injector.
        Please watch my video if you can’t figure out how to use it.
        But here are QUICK instructions:
        To use app injector you must do the following
        1) In the kit is a folder called App Injector. Copy the 2 files appinjector.apk and package.zip from that to the ROOT of your sdcard either external or internal if you do not have a physical sdcard.
        2) On the tablet open your sdcard using the file manager. Tap on appinjector.apk to install it.
        3) Run app injector. If you copied package.zip properly to the root directory of your sdcard you should be presented with a list of apps.
        4) Click the box next to each app you want to inject.
        5) Then at the top just tap the button "Install selected applications". It will then inject all the apps you selected!
        6) At this point you can uninstall appinjector if you like or leave it and later come back and install other apps!
        NOTE: If you click on an app that has already been installed, it WILL overwrite and reinstall the app.


        Credits:
        Special credits to the 1.5 development people:
        1) Petrus for the APP Injector. Without his work here things would be a lot harder for you guys to put apps back on this ROM and keep it FAST. He spent a lot of time to make this work and trust me... I AM PICKY. Awesome Job Petrus!
        2) Miklaus for his very COOL "system settings" APK. Miklaus is the MAN for reverse engineering this! THANK YOU Miklaus! I know a lot of others will love this too!
        3) Fenice57 for his still awesome performing ext4 file system
        4) Daman for his boot screens and super fast bootanimation. So you know, Daman's boot Animation is only 2 screens and very FAST. I tested and it only slows boot time by 2 seconds!


        OK so enough jibber jabber.... Here is the download:

        ROM -> Arnova 10G2 Finless Version 1.5 ROM (200 megs)

        Again here is the video download link as well in case some missed it above.
        VIDEO -> Arnova 10G2 Finless 1.5 ROM Overview and Instructions (91 megs)


        I hope you 10G2 owners enjoy this ROM. Please feel free to provide feedback.

        Bob

        P.S. Sorry my video is in English (American). I can't speak other languages well enough to be comfortable doing a video with them. If I tried it would be a mess and a 2 hour video because I speak so slow
        Bob, I guess that I will be the first to have a problem. I flashed the rom and all went well. checked the tablet and everything was installed. I copied the apk injector to the sd card and installed the apk. then when I opened it i get the error message, "no applications found: click to exit" When I exit I get a forced close message App injector has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again. I uninstalled the app and deleted the file. then I tried to install it directly to flash memory. both files showed up but with the same result. I again uninstalled and deleted the files and tried from the sd card again but with the same error messages. So now I have a clean tables that I can look at!:-( Any ideas? Could there be a problem because I had the Morka rom on my G2?
        Paul

        Comment


          #5
          You missed something somhow. I have on skype watched 4 people now follow my procedure. It worked for them no issues.

          Daman used Windows 8 to copy the files and it did not work. So you did not "really" get package.zip onto your root /sdcard. Sorry but you did not or it was not copied right.

          REMEMBER THIS! REBOOT after flash! Your SD Card will be the internal one and on a reboot anything you put in there will be gone on reboot!

          I think Daman did this as well without rebooting after the flash!

          Try again please.
          Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





          Comment


            #6
            I guess I may have missed something and will start over. I downloaded the file and unzipped it. Ran the rk and flashed the new rom. After flash I rebooted the tablet. After the boot I checked the tab and checked what was installed and it was clean with just what was in the video. I then went back to the file and copied the App injector file to my sd card root. Installed the sd card in the tablet. Located the app injector in the sd root and clicked to install which it did. Then I clicked open and then I get the no applications message. I then uninstalled the app and deleted the file off of the sd card. I then connected the tablet to the pc and loaded the file directly to the flash memory and tried again with the same results. Deleted that again and tried the sd card again, still no luck. I will try again from scratch and let you know.

            Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk

            Comment


              #7
              no problems

              I didn't even look at the video. flashed, rebooted, then without putting in the sd card, copied the two files to the sd folder in the internal memory. installed and ran the program. no problem. then inserted the sd card and rebooted. then restored all apps with titanium. great job, I could swear there is a faster processor in the tablet. Great job, well worth the wait.
              Rick G

              Comment


                #8
                hey bob fantastic work did you together.
                i have one issue need for speed hot pursuit its all white one the screen .
                you told me in the past you have a working version for your 1.4 rom.
                witch version is that can you tell me please .
                my kids are angry they can't play it anymore now
                if you love my work please buy a coffee

                <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif


                </form>

                Comment


                  #9
                  Well I picked up an Arnova G2 10 yesterday to use for reading emails, a bit of work, and as a larger calendar than my HTC HD7/BB torch. I was really surprised to discover that it didn't support google calendar sync - teach me to read a bit more deeply before buying .

                  I can only say thanks to everyone for creating a ROM which will allow me to sync google calendar onto the Arnova - downloading instructions and the ROM - bit nervous as I last rooted/added a rom to a HTC Hero once over 3 years ago .

                  Any Hints and Tips for flashing tonigh for a first timer?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by nighthaunt View Post
                    Well I picked up an Arnova G2 10 yesterday to use for reading emails, a bit of work, and as a larger calendar than my HTC HD7/BB torch. I was really surprised to discover that it didn't support google calendar sync - teach me to read a bit more deeply before buying .

                    I can only say thanks to everyone for creating a ROM which will allow me to sync google calendar onto the Arnova - downloading instructions and the ROM - bit nervous as I last rooted/added a rom to a HTC Hero once over 3 years ago .

                    Any Hints and Tips for flashing tonigh for a first timer?
                    First of all follow the tutorial for installing the drivers here

                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...s-for-flashing!

                    Now download the latest 1.5 Rom
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ss-Version-1-5

                    There is a brilliant read me here and Bob has done an excellent video to show you how to install the Google Market (Playstore) and the apps that you need.

                    Prepare for a brilliant Rom!!!!

                    Don't be nervous we are here to help if your run into any problems. As long as you read through the read me guide you should be fine


                    Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
                    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

                    PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

                    <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                    </form>

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                      Thanks Bob and the rest.
                      I've dl'd it and will flash it in morning (2 in morning here at mo).

                      Watched vid, looks good.
                      Flashed and Installed this morning, everything went smoothly, much quicker booting time and nice clear system.

                      Now if only I can clear Google previous App History (the whole list of everything you've installed) - get rid of old crud that I've uninstalled I'd be really happy.

                      Bob, with clear status bar, any chance that can be carried over to when using an app, I know some apps can hide the bar (default video player for one). Anyone know how to auto-hide it? Or is it another Arnova only glitch.

                      Many thanks to you guys, for another great ROM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        My Arnova seems faster!!! Thank you Bob!!!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Damo View Post
                          First of all follow the tutorial for installing the drivers here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...s-for-flashing! Now download the latest 1.5 Rom http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ss-Version-1-5There is a brilliant read me here and Bob has done an excellent video to show you how to install the Google Market (Playstore) and the apps that you need.Prepare for a brilliant Rom!!!! Don't be nervous we are here to help if your run into any problems. As long as you read through the read me guide you should be fine Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
                          Thanks Damo, have downloaded the ROM but ran out of time before work to download the video guide. I will read the readme in the ROM file and download the video tonight and give it a go. To be honest if only it natively supported google calendar and contacts sync would have been perfect for me - but the huge benefit of all the proper apps (nots appslib selection) will be a big bonus.Can't wait to finish at 2am and get going

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Try the 3rd party calender from the market called business calender it is available in a free and paid version. I find it miles better than the google calender. It sync with your Google calendar, yahoo etc so you get all your agenda etc on it!

                            Give it a try when you get your Rom installed.

                            Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
                            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

                            PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

                            <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                            </form>

                            Comment


                              #15
                              had a problem flashing it this time, but managed to get there in the end, the fault was mine i pressed the wrong volume button

                              this rom is awesome, amazing work you guys, it's super fast and compared to the stock rom this is in a whole other class.
                              well done to the makers and testers for the work that has led to this release and all the features that are in it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X