Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back up using titanium ??

Hi guys , I would like some help please , as i'm kind of new to this whole flashing thing. I successfully flashed my new 10 g2 to bobs excellent 1.4 ROM , but now i'm getting itchy fingers again.Now obviously i have lots of stuff on my 10 g2 , and i've read somewhere about backing up with titanium. i've loaded titanium and did a batch backup of apps and data, ( read somewhere thats the way to do it) so where do i go now. Is it ok to take out my sd card , flash the 1.5 ROM, install sd card and hey presto all is good , or am i missing something here.
    Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Comment

You have it exactly right! The process you did will be right on when it comes time to restore after the 1.5 flash.

But please... We found a few bugs and what not thanks to user testing. Please wait a few more hours beofre flashing 1.5 as I will have a new kit that will solve the issues and be even better!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        You have it exactly right! The process you did will be right on when it comes time to restore after the 1.5 flash.

But please... We found a few bugs and what not thanks to user testing. Please wait a few more hours beofre flashing 1.5 as I will have a new kit that will solve the issues and be even better!

Bob
        Glad I made my way to the end here, was just about to ask about the download link not working :-)

Looking forward to trying this out!

-Neill.

Comment

UPDATE 4/2/2012. ROM is now 1.5b
          Google updated some apps today and yesterday
          Google Currents would not work on this ROM. I found I needed a library I did not have in the ROM.
          Petrus also improved on APP Injector! It is now faster and should better handle SDCard mounting issues.
          Miklaus updated the CLEAR Status Bar SystemUI and we have fixed all the force close on some system settings (that was my fault not Miklaus).
          Over all thanks to user input we believe all these issues are now fixed!

So I made a ROM update to solve these issues.

The same download links apply below. The new file name is
          arnova10g2_finless _v1_5b.zip
          So you know you have the new one.

Sorry to those that flashed 1.5 already. YOU WILL NEED to do a complete reflash if you want this update. Sorry but blame it on Google and myself!

The first post has been updated with the new link but here is the download link as well:

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 Finless Version 1.5 ROM (200 megs)

Enjoy and sorry for the small issues on the first release,
          Bob

Comment

Thanks to finless for an incredible Rom - really moved my Arnova G2 10 tablet into a different league - and i was already impressed - just needed google calendar sync.

Also thanks to Damo cor his replies with the guide link for flashing - and I went with Business Calendar - it was exactly what I was looking for - spent today putting a years worth of shifts on and was so quick and easy.

Keep up the good work guys

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ics

Originally posted by Damo View Post
              Jake you pretty excited with your Ics on your onda tablet it is great to use. My cube tablet is having loads of updates now from about 7 developers and it keeps getting better. I'm loving the Ics!

Sorry naughty me going off topic

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
              Hey Damo there is no reason to issue an apology for discussing an Android tablet in a tablet forum! However you are so correct about ICS. Again prior to me buying my Onda the general opinion was the 2 best 4.0 tablets was the Cube and the Onda and it seems that is still the case today. Both tablets were almost identical in construction with the Cube having the edge with 10pt touch screen vs the 5pt touch of the Onda. an advantage for gaming that I did not need. I am just excited with the potential ahead for Android ICS. Just wait till the dual core arrives. As I said earlier, if we could add the speed of the unbloated Finless rom to either of these tablets I would be a happy camper. Best of both worlds.

Comment

And lol just read the above - is it worth upgrading from 1.5a to 1.5b?

Comment

Originally posted by nighthaunt View Post
                  And lol just read the above - is it worth upgrading from 1.5a to 1.5b?

Yes it is some bugs have been fixed in the settings so most definitely upgrade !!

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                  <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                  <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                  <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                  https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                  </form>

Comment

Will the Arnova 7 G2 be getting any of your 1.5 goodness??? Please

Comment

Originally posted by Mrcapo View Post
                      Will the Arnova 7 G2 be getting any of your 1.5 goodness??? Please
                      Please post in the 7G2 forum for questions relating to your tab

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                      </form>

Comment

The re-flash to 1.5b went without issue.
                        Still no luck with my Archos 3g stick, in settings 'Mobile Networks / APNs' is blank, 'Network operators / Search networks' and 'Select Automatically' both result in an error message : "Error while searching for networks"

Can't see anything in AppInjector apps that would make a difference.
                        As Bob said in an earlier post, not sure if it's a problem with the original ROM or with Bob's amendments.

Would I be able to flash my non-Philly 10G2 with the Philly ROM to test this or would it brick my tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
                          The re-flash to 1.5b went without issue.
                          Still no luck with my Archos 3g stick, in settings 'Mobile Networks / APNs' is blank, 'Network operators / Search networks' and 'Select Automatically' both result in an error message : "Error while searching for networks"

Can't see anything in AppInjector apps that would make a difference.
                          As Bob said in an earlier post, not sure if it's a problem with the original ROM or with Bob's amendments.

Would I be able to flash my non-Philly 10G2 with the Philly ROM to test this or would it brick my tablet?
                          The philly ROM will not brick your device. So yes please try it and see if your 3G stick works. I would be flabbergasted if Arnova removed Archos 3G stick support from the new kernel vs the old 10G2. But nothing would suprise me.

Bob

Comment

Philly rom won't flash, just to check I'm doing it right :
                            Boot in recovery mode and install device as 'rockusb' device
                            Copy Philly rom into 'image' directory
                            Erase IDB
                            Run

I do this but the tablet doesn't reboot, the RKAndroid flash tool also stays on 'Found RKAndroid loader'

Am I missing something really obvious?

Cheers!

Comment

Are you trying to flash the update.img Stock philly ROM from the Arnova web site?

If so you need the RKBatch tool not the RKAndroid tool for my rooted ROMs. When you use the RKBatch tool you must click the restore button not the update button.

Download that tool here

Also YOU DO NOT need to reinstall drivers every time. The drivers once install are done and will work with both tools.

Bob

Comment

Stock Philly rom flashed and there are no options for phone settings, under 'Wireless & networks' all I see are the Wi-fi options.
                                Looks like 3g has been removed completely which explains a lot!

Not to worry, I can go back to the 1.4 rom no problem - looks like there's only me after 3g support anyway so no need to try with the Philly rom unless there's more demand. When/if you do get round to that I've no problem helping with testing.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X