X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyB View Post
    Hi Guys

I have just flashed my 9 G2 with Bob's 1.5 ROM
    All is working OK and the flash went exactly as per the readme instructions explained

I now have a problem in that my computer (XP home) will not recognise the device and wants to run the new device install wizard
    I point the wizard to the XP 32 bit driver that I had loaded prior to the flash but it gives a pop up error message that the file does not contain details of the device

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    Tony
    You do not need to direct it towards the drivers they are for flashing only and already installed, not for USB. The pop up will be to install a USB device. Go into settings and enable USB debugging if not enabled, otherwise when you plug your tab in pull down the notification bar at the top and enable USB, you will than see a pop up appear to turn on USB.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
      You do not need to direct it towards the drivers they are for flashing only and already installed, not for USB. The pop up will be to install a USB device. Go into settings and enable USB debugging if not enabled, otherwise when you plug your tab in pull down the notification bar at the top and enable USB, you will than see a pop up appear to turn on USB.

Many Thanks Damo

All seems to be working now and have loaded google play etc and downloaded first apps
      At long last I have a tablet that does what I hoped for in the first place

Great work and thanks to Bob and all contributors

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        OK folks the wait is over! Been quite a few weeks getting everything together but my 1.5 ROM for the Arnova 9G2 is now in production!

A special thanks to all the BETA testers that helped get this ROM right!
        WOW, the BETA test went so well I never had to change anything. The BETA ROM is the production ROM. Special thanks to Miklaus, Petrus, Damo, etc for make a FIRST CUT of this ROM working 100% from the get go!

I have to say this has been a labor of love by many people!

Now before I go into what this ROM is, I want to answer a few things for some folks asking I put other stuff in this ROM. This is a total debloat for TOP performance! If any of you want me to make additions like adding Fenice57's bluetooth, 3g, etc, let me know and if there is enough demand I will make a derivative ROM with those added. Realize however the BT and 3G drivers will NOT make all BT and 3G sticks work!!! Only those which the drivers support. Best I can offer to those that want it.

So what is this ROM anyway? Bottom line it is all about performance! To find out more:
        1) Read the README.TXT file in the ROM kit! I explain a lot in there.
        2) Watch the video I made explaining what my 1.5 ROM is, the benefits and reasons, and instructions on how to get the most out of it using Petrus' APP Injector!

Here is the video download. This is for the Arnova 10 G2 but the principles of this ROM still apply to the Arnova 9G2:
        VIDEO -> Arnova 10G2 Finless 1.5 ROM Overview and Instructions (91 megs)

Here is a summary of 1.5 taken from the README:
        Features in 1.5 "performance" ROM:
        1) This has all the same features of my 1.4 ROM. FAST and REAL ext4 file system, 1gig app space, full root,etc.
        2) This is a total debloat of the ROM. All apps, etc are removed except a file explorer as you have to have that to do anything later. Google Play (Market) is also NOT installed. See below as I supply in this kit a APP injector. The reason for this is file system fragmentation! Having a ROM with a bunch of stuff you do not want in it, you remove them and then install others and this leaves the file system a mess. Especially on NAND memory devices! Now you can install what you want after flashing and keep a nice clean file system
        3) A full "settings" menu system! This is something many have asked for. Special thanks to Miklaus for making this new settings.apk. HOWEVER, during BETA TEST we could not get Accounts and SYNC settings to show up. Sorry guys. Maybe later we will figure that out.
        4) A new WPA_Supplicant that will allow you to connect WiFi to Ad-hoc networks. Thank the Nextbook guys for figuring this one out!
        5) In this ROM kit is Petrus' APP Injector. This was written specifically to support my 1.5 ROM. What this does is after flashing you can now "inject" Google Play, Google add-on apps, stock Nextbook apps. You get to pick and choose what you want and not get stuff you do not want! It properly injects this stuff CLEANLY either in /system/app or data/app! A lot of testing went into this and where best to inject these apps for performance!
        6) This also has Fenice57's 3G stick support.

Everything I have removed can be put back using Petrus' APP Injector! So I am not going to list everything removed. Trust me IT WAS A LOT OF CRAP Run his App Injector and see the list for yourself
        In the kit is a NEW folder called APP Injector.
        Please watch my video if you can’t figure out how to use it.
        But here are QUICK instructions:
        To use app injector you must do the following
        1) In the kit is a folder called App Injector. Copy the 2 files appinjector.apk and package.zip from that to the ROOT of your sdcard either external or internal if you do not have a physical sdcard.
        2) On the tablet open your sdcard using the file manager. Tap on appinjector.apk to install it.
        3) Run app injector. If you copied package.zip properly to the root directory of your sdcard you should be presented with a list of apps.
        4) Click the box next to each app you want to inject.
        5) Then at the top just tap the button "Install selected applications". It will then inject all the apps you selected!
        6) At this point you can uninstall appinjector if you like or leave it and later come back and install other apps!
        NOTE: If you click on an app that has already been installed, it WILL overwrite and reinstall the app.

Credits:
        Special credits to the 1.5 development people:
        1) Petrus for the APP Injector. Without his work here things would be a lot harder for you guys to put apps back on this ROM and keep it FAST. He spent a lot of time to make this work and trust me... I AM PICKY. Awesome Job Petrus!
        2) Miklaus for his very COOL "system settings" APK. Miklaus is the MAN for reverse engineering this! THANK YOU Miklaus! I know a lot of others will love this too!
        3) Fenice57 for his still awesome performing ext4 file system
        4) Daman for his boot screens and super fast bootanimation. So you know, Daman's boot Animation is only 2 screens and very FAST. I tested and it only slows boot time by 2 seconds!

OK so enough jibber jabber.... Here is the download:

ROM ->Arnova 9G2, Finless Version 1.5 ROM (175 megs)

Again here is the video download link as well in case some missed it above. This is for the Arnova 10 G2 but the principles of this ROM still apply to the Arnova 9G2
        VIDEO -> Arnova 10G2 Finless 1.5 ROM Overview and Instructions (91 megs)

I hope you Nextbook owners enjoy this ROM. Again thanks to the BETA testers!

Bob
        Video is not fullscreen !

Comment

updating the driver for my arnova 9 g2

Hi guys, Can anyone help on on how to install the driver on Win 7. I have used arctool to install market before. Now my arnova 9 g2 is recognised as "Android USB Devices - My HTC". No matter how I tried, it just won't let me update the driver. Thanks.

Wallace.

Comment

Originally posted by wallacelam View Post
            Hi guys, Can anyone help on on how to install the driver on Win 7. I have used arctool to install market before. Now my arnova 9 g2 is recognised as "Android USB Devices - My HTC". No matter how I tried, it just won't let me update the driver. Thanks.

Wallace.
            Here you go

Installing Rockchip drivers for flashing!

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            </form>

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Damo...

Here you go

Installing Rockchip drivers for flashing!

Comment

RK 2918 sdk

Thanks, Damo...
                Damo,

I still can't get the driver right. My Win 7 just won't take the driver. Any other solutions? Please help me. Thanks.

Wallace

Comment

Strange

Don't connect your tab through a USB hub

Don't use USB 3 ports

Try a different cable and a different port

Try disabling high speed USB through your bios

Try 32 bit windows if your using 64 bit

And make sure it definitely in flash mode, if it shows up as a USB device in device manager you are not in flash mode.

These are most of the things that you could try

Good luck

</form>

Comment

Will try again. Thanks.

Wallace

Strange

Don't connect your tab through a USB hub

Don't use USB 3 ports

Try a different cable and a different port

Try disabling high speed USB through your bios

Try 32 bit windows if your using 64 bit

And make sure it definitely in flash mode, if it shows up as a USB device in device manager you are not in flash mode.

These are most of the things that you could try

Good luck

Comment

Help ! Problems when installing appinjector.

Guys,

I have successfully flash the rom 1.5 on my arnova 9 g2. But when I try to install appinjector.apk, the system said i need to free up some space and try again. So i go and check my storage settings - nana flash has 6.05GB, and Internal storage is 0.00B. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

PS: I have try to flash the rom for a couple times already. Still the same.

Wallace

Comment

Guys,

I have successfully flash the rom 1.5 on my arnova 9 g2. But when I try to install appinjector.apk, the system said i need to free up some space and try again. So i go and check my storage settings - nana flash has 6.05GB, and Internal storage is 0.00B. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

PS: I have try to flash the rom for a couple times already. Still the same.

Wallace
                        Before you flash are you clicking EraaseIDB button and are you clicking the loader check box. Failure to do these 2 things usually gives you the error you are getting.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks, Bob,

It's all working well now. Thanks.

Wallace

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Before you flash are you clicking EraaseIDB button and are you clicking the loader check box. Failure to do these 2 things usually gives you the error you are getting.

Bob

Comment

After using Bob's ICS rom for a few days I have gone back to his GB 1.5 - it is just faster and smoother. However there are a couple of things I wonder if anyone can help with:

1. Video calling - I can't seem to be able to use the webcam for Skype. My wife is American, and being able to see and speak to her family from the tablet would be amazing. Has anyone got video calling working with this rom? It doesn't have to be using Skype.

2. Games - some work really well, but I bought a couple of racing games for my phone that I would love to play on this - Riptide seems to have garbled graphics and NFS Shift says it isn't compatible. Has anyone managed to get either of these working?

Thanks again Bob for all your work on these great ROMs.

-SB

Comment

Spending a little time with Google I found the solution to 1. was to install the version of Skype called 'skype47_rearonly' Anyone else with this problem you can download it from here. I now have skype with audio/video working.

Now can anyone help with the games?

Comment

Help on force close issues!

Guys,

I have installed Rom 1.5, which runs smoothly for the last couple weeks. But it's showing the messages below since yesterday. what should i do?

1)The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly

2)The application Google Play Store (Process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Thanks
                                Wallace

Comment

Working...
                                X