No announcement yet.

Arnova 9G2 Finless Custom ROM Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being rooted is a double edge sword. You have to be careful using rooted apps that write to /system etc. Sounds like you messed up the framework system. Only real fix is to reflash. YOu might get lucky and get by with flashing only system.img thus keeping all your user data.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I'll try working with the system files.thanks Bob.

Wallace

Comment

Hey.

Thought some one might be interested that I have got Riptide GP to work. It seems that the default resolution isn't supported by the 9G2, but if you can navigate to the settings and change it the game runs pretty well. This probably goes for Shine Runner too.
        If you don't have another device to work out how to do this these are the steps to get there as best I can describe:

1. Wait for the game to open to the title screen (you can tell because you can sort of see the water). Tap the screen anywhere once.

2. Swipe all the way to the right in the menu (might take a couple of swipes) then tap the centre of the screen - this will take you to the 'help and options menu.

3. Tap the centre of the screen - this will take you into settings.

4. Swipe to the right and tap the screen - this will take you into the graphics settings.

5. Tap around the middle of the screen (may take a couple of attempts) this will change the resolution to one the screen displays correctly.

Once you can see things clearly you can actually have the resolution set quite high and it still plays pretty smoothly. Doing this will also make the game smoother on the ICS rom (although on that ROM the graphics aren't messed up, it just runs slowly with the default resolution).

Hope this helps someone else!
        -SB

Comment

Update: I have tested Shine Runner too. While this does work, them menu layout is significantly more difficult to navigate without being able to see it clearly, and even once the resolution is changed there are other graphical glitches during game play that make it less playable.

Comment

Install App

Hi Fineless,

First, thank your for your working.

I installed 1.5. when restart, no google play store, i install Google Play Store with .apk downloaded. But I can add acc, can not install other app, can not update apps. How should I do?

Comment

Re: Arnova 9G2 Finless Custom ROM Version 1.5

Originally posted by nv_xes View Post
              Hi Fineless,

First, thank your for your working.

I installed 1.5. when restart, no google play store, i install Google Play Store with .apk downloaded. But I can add acc, can not install other app, can not update apps. How should I do?

Please read the read the original Rom post it is all explained in that. Also in the firmware folder is a read of file why are you trying to install the Playstore with something you have downloaded??

Bob spends a hell of a lot of time putting together the read me files it is there in front of you so please read before posting that things dont work

Sent using Tapatalk 2 from Sony Xperia Mini Pro - Ics 4.0.4
              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
              </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                Please read the read the original Rom post it is all explained in that. Also in the firmware folder is a read of file why are you trying to install the Playstore with something you have downloaded??

Bob spends a hell of a lot of time putting together the read me files it is there in front of you so please read before posting that things dont work

Sent using Tapatalk 2 from Sony Xperia Mini Pro - Ics 4.0.4
                I usually update apps via Google Play Store, that is the reason I want to use Google Play Store, but I can not add account in Google Play Store when I install v1.5

Comment

As Daman said. Read the README! This stuff is not installed by default. You have to use APP Injector.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by HannesBK View Post
                    Yes, Mount Manager accepts these drivers.
                    But loading the drivers this way will not do the job.

We do not have the bluetooth item in system settings.
                    How to config? How to pair with other devices? I tried some apps, but no success.
                    The BT sticks I tried are equiped with the CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio) chipset, which is most common.

As far as I know, the USB port is slave-only.
                    Do we need yet an USB host for a BT stick?

Not that easy. Having CIFS working is a great success for today.
                    In the meantime it's quite late here in Europe. So I say goodbye for now.

Hannes
                    Hi Hannes did you get the Bluetooth to work ? I'd love to get it to work so I can use a gps receiver with my 9G2

Regards

Stevie P

Comment

Better Late than NEVER

Bob, Just installed Arnova 9G2 Finless Custom ROM Version 1.5.....WOW WOW WOW - it's like a top of the range new tablet for me. The last ROM I had (not yours) only left me with 300MB storage space and was usuable but not pretty. Thank you for your efforts on this and other devices Greg

Comment

Hi Finless, I'm realy interested by this rom but i can't download her. Can you give me a link please. I've an Anorva 9 G2 and she is very slow. I want to try your custom rom because it seems it is faster. Thank you.
                        Sorry for my english, i'm french.

Comment

Download links fixed.

Bob

Comment

flashing via windows 8

Hi this is my first post so be gentle lol.
                            My friend asked me to look at his tablet (arnova 9 g2) after it got stuck at the boot logo looping over and over. After much searching and even ore reading I came across your sterling work. Im new to this but im fairly tech savvy. Im trying to flash the rom but I cant install he driver at the first step as it just keeps saying the best driver is already installed. Your package doesn't include the windows 8 driver and doing the automatic internet search is useless. Any help would be greatfully appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Spaffertron View Post
                              Hi this is my first post so be gentle lol.
                              My friend asked me to look at his tablet (arnova 9 g2) after it got stuck at the boot logo looping over and over. After much searching and even ore reading I came across your sterling work. Im new to this but im fairly tech savvy. Im trying to flash the rom but I cant install he driver at the first step as it just keeps saying the best driver is already installed. Your package doesn't include the windows 8 driver and doing the automatic internet search is useless. Any help would be greatfully appreciated

well my friend ,thats most likely your problem win 8 . try anything else ,probably will work just fine .

let us know if you have anymore issues
                              freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Version 1.5 Latest Custom ROM for Arnova 9G2

Hello,

i am new in this Forum. I have an Arnova 9G2 Tablet and I want to flash it with another Firmware. Is Version 1.5 the latest one ? Or musst I use another ? Is this Firmware for use in Germany suitable ? Or is it better to use another firmware with a newer Android Version ?

Thanks for your help !

Best regards donmok
                                Last edited by donmok; 01-18-2015, 20:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X