OK getting bored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Do you want clear status bar? And are you willing to test Miklaus settings.apk that gives all the missing options in settings?

Bob
    What do you think?

Comment

what's the settings.apk you are on about. What benefits does it have over the standard for the 8g2?

Clear status bar would be nice. Does that mean that we would also have a clear notification area? If not a slight transparency would be nice.

On an other note a question, are ram disk possible on these tablets? What I'm asking is the ability to use some of the internal memory as an extra to the ram so as to help increase system speed, similar to virtual memory.

Any way looking forward to a rom from you bob, with the success and speed other are getting I can see good things for us using the 8g2.

Blinky

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Comment

A ram disk on internal memory wont buy you anything. Speed is related to the memory speed.

The Tablets have:
        512KB of RAM (this is fast memory if you will). This is used only by the OS and when you run apps.
        The rest is NAND memory partitioned into chunks (Think of NAND like a PC hard disk) like cache, system, data, etc. Making a RAM disk out of this area wont speed up anything. In fact due to the overhead of a ram disk in NAND it will be slower.

However, I am looking into YAFFS2 format for NAND since it is optimzed for NAND memory. SO this might be a feature of a later ROM if it pans out to give more performance.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Ah cool, cheers for clearing that one up. Would be nice to try and squeeze as much speed out of this tablet as possible until arnova release the source code for the kernel. I find that as good as sowas rom is it still has a few freezes and is not that fast when it comes to multitasking.

I am currently playing with the supercharger script from xda to find the best setting for the memory to help smooth things out a little but still have little gremlins, for instance the wifi not reconnecting properly after a long sleep.

Are you planning on releasing a version of your rom for the 8g2 8gb capacitive, or do you have to much on your plate at the moment?

Also is it possible to have an option in the power menu for rebooting aswell as shutdown? Am currently using the terminal for reboots.

Cheers,

Blinky

Sent from my AN8G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Since you first posted this thread, you've started the 2.0 version of your ROMs, released your flavor of CWM, and much more. I think your boredom has resolved a little.

For some of who aren't in your closet circle of daily contributors I would be interested in knowing some behind the scenes stuff about how you do it all. How can you build and test this stuff when you don't even own the exact tablets you publish ROMs for?

I'm a gadget geek, and consider myself a super user, but you take this stuff to a whole new level. How do you find time to do it all. I'm amazed.

Bythe way, I have a 10b3g on the way, so let me know if you need a dump from it. I don't know exactly how, but but I'm willing to try.

I would like to have a root and Google Play capability that hasn't been released yet from the arctablet.com guys. I trust you could do it

Sent via my A10G2
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Forgive my typos above. I really hate autocorrect...no sure how to turn it off.

Sent via my A10G2
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

1.5 for Arnova 7bG2 Resistive, would be possible? Thanks.

Comment

Yes it is possible and I will do one for all Arnovas. Just need the time

Bob

Comment

you managed to get hold of 10bG3 dump yet? that would be good project......

Comment

Originally posted by trevorbright View Post
                      you managed to get hold of 10bG3 dump yet? that would be good project......
                      I would LOVE to have that dump! Alas the only person I know that "says" they made a dump is Arctablet and they are not in a hurry to release a stock ROM

I have a feeling it's going to take someone else doing it if I am going to make a ROM from stock. Arctablet appears to be saying they are going to make a rooted kasty ROM and not supply the stock dump. At least thats whats posted.

There are no 10bG3 tablets here in the USA yet but if there were I would buy it myself just to have it.

Bob

Comment

I bought mine from B&H Photo online for $199. It has been shipped, so I know they have them.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

See the G3 ROM dump thread. I now have one that is good and possibly newer than the other dump out there.

More to come on that subject

Bob

Comment

velocity micro cruz T104

Hello could you make a rom for the velocity micro cruz T104 tablet

Comment

Dump from an arnova 7fg3 useful?

hi bob,

i've got an arnova 7fg3 in my hands. is there some how-to for dumping anywhere on this board?
                              i would love to have a custom rom, for this nice little tablet

i could dedicate one of my old pc's to linux and build up my own dumping machine. would be fun

greetz,

lark

Comment

Originally posted by Lark View Post
                                hi bob,

i've got an arnova 7fg3 in my hands. is there some how-to for dumping anywhere on this board?
                                i would love to have a custom rom, for this nice little tablet

i could dedicate one of my old pc's to linux and build up my own dumping machine. would be fun

greetz,

lark
                                I have not kept up with the latest Arnova tablets. is the 7fG3 a RK29 tablet? Or is it some other processor?

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X