No announcement yet.

Custom ROM For ARNOVA 8G2 [ROOT, Market, Google apps, ext3, 1Gb user space]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry!!!!! a minor issue but if I go through settings to uninstall apps the applications setting menu fc's soon as you press manage applications button.....

Comment

Anyway to sort the damn g sensors out on this rom????? Cannot use games or apps that use tilt control at all....

Also could we increase user apps area too and sort out issue with a physical microsd card inserted messing up apps that have data stored in mnt/external/sdcard..... Defeats the object of having an sd slot to increase storage etc....

Comment

Originally posted by lohtse View Post
        Anyway to sort the damn g sensors out on this rom????? Cannot use games or apps that use tilt control at all....

Also could we increase user apps area too and sort out issue with a physical microsd card inserted messing up apps that have data stored in mnt/external/sdcard..... Defeats the object of having an sd slot to increase storage etc....
        This is the legacy of the original firmware. I have not changed any module in it.
        Let's wait for a firmware update from the developers.
        All other tablets Series G2 have already received such updates.
        Most recalls in support of the arnovatech.com deficiencies.
        Archos 7c HT (My Custom ROM production) -> ARNOVA 8G2 8Gb (My modification MorkaMod JB v.1.2)
        Chinese STAR A5000=>Star N8000 (My Custom ROM production)

Comment

I was curious, I currently have CM7 installed on my Anorve 8 G2 but was looking for something more stable I was wondering if any version of your custom roms support iptables and if so which ones? I need it for proxies to work.

Many thanks and loving the work. Sincerely mrv321.

Comment

Originally posted by Sowa View Post
            All the actions you do at your own risk!
            In applying the Custom ROM you lose your warranty

Attention! Not suitable for ARNOVA 8G 4Gb

Updated version Custom ROM v.4.1s
            Differences firmware.
            - Section /system transformed into a format the ext3 file system that, allows to edit, add and delete files in it.
            - Set aside for user data 1Gb memory. This will allow install more applications.
            - Updated some applications to latest version, add Google appliacation.
            Attention! Flash removes all with built-in flash memory (format).
            Keep everything you need to SD-card, which perered firmware remov it from the tablet.
            Installation instructions in the archive along with the program and drivers.

ROM -> Custom Rom for ARNOVA 8G2 8Gb v4.1s by Sowa (100 Mb)

Rolling back from the version 4s & 5s with only Rk29BatchTools through the button "Restore"
            User data during installation are removed.
            Dump the standard ROM AN8G2_rkdump.7z

thankyou very much

Comment

Fantastic ROM, thanks SOWA.

Just a quick question, the market allows me access but when I go to download I get error messages (quite a few different codes). This is my first time at flashing etc, is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by scottishpeanut View Post
                Fantastic ROM, thanks SOWA.

Just a quick question, the market allows me access but when I go to download I get error messages (quite a few different codes). This is my first time at flashing etc, is this normal?
                I dont get any messages when using the market. 95% of apps install and work without issue.

Try wiping the data for the market and restarting the app.

Blinky

Sent from my Arnova using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blinkydamo View Post
                  I dont get any messages when using the market. 95% of apps install and work without issue.

Try wiping the data for the market and restarting the app.

Blinky

That worked fantastically, thank you!

Comment

Glad your up and running mate.

Comment

Hi, just another quick query, the rom runs fine (occasionally unstable) but the main problem is that when the tablet runs out of battery or I switch it off, I cant get it past the android screen when restarting it, or even resetting it. Is this common with mods? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by scottishpeanut View Post
                        Hi, just another quick query, the rom runs fine (occasionally unstable) but the main problem is that when the tablet runs out of battery or I switch it off, I cant get it past the android screen when restarting it, or even resetting it. Is this common with mods? Thanks again
                        Nope thats not normal an have used all sowa's rom so far and never had that issue...try reflashing or flashing one of the much newer roms....yep I know its an arse.....been there too many times myself but it may be a bad flashing or a tablet hardware issue...so trying a reflash and another rom may help as if continues with newer rom may indicate á dodgy battery....

Sorry can't be more help than this.

Comment

how do i download driver for 8g2? thanks for your help in advance.

Originally posted by Sowa View Post
                          All the actions you do at your own risk!
                          In applying the Custom ROM you lose your warranty

Attention! Not suitable for ARNOVA 8G 4Gb

Updated version Custom ROM v.4.1s
                          Differences firmware.
                          - Section /system transformed into a format the ext3 file system that, allows to edit, add and delete files in it.
                          - Set aside for user data 1Gb memory. This will allow install more applications.
                          - Updated some applications to latest version, add Google appliacation.
                          Attention! Flash removes all with built-in flash memory (format).
                          Keep everything you need to SD-card, which perered firmware remov it from the tablet.
                          Installation instructions in the archive along with the program and drivers.

ROM -> Custom Rom for ARNOVA 8G2 8Gb v4.1s by Sowa (100 Mb)

Rolling back from the version 4s & 5s with only Rk29BatchTools through the button "Restore"
                          User data during installation are removed.
                          Dump the standard ROM AN8G2_rkdump.7z

Comment

Originally posted by Bedtime4u View Post
                            how do i download driver for 8g2? thanks for your help in advance.
                            Drivers for different versions of windows can be downloaded here: http://ge.tt/1B082YN/v/0?c
                            Archos 7c HT (My Custom ROM production) -> ARNOVA 8G2 8Gb (My modification MorkaMod JB v.1.2)
                            Chinese STAR A5000=>Star N8000 (My Custom ROM production)

Comment

Working...
                            X