nexus 7 accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nexus 7 accessories

Links to docks, cases, Bluetooth stuff that works for nexus 7.

The rumored pogo docks have yet to arrive. (4 gold contacts on side of device) They may be waiting for a jellybean update that will put the home screen in landscape mode while docking.
    Update: just got jellybean 4.1.2, rotation fixed.

There are some cases that will turn off the screen when you close the cover. The nexus senses a magnetic strip and sleeps.

The Bluetooth devices which are supported by the kernel may change with updates, is there a list or do we use trial and error?
    Last edited by matt; 10-11-2012, 17:13. Reason: jb update

I bought my case for my Nexus 7 off ****. Perfect fit & I love the magnetic cover that puts the tab in Timeout to save battery. The company that makes them is Finite.

If you don't like the way the Nexus handles screen rotation, install the free Apex Launcher. You'll get landscape and portrait.

I'm lovin' my 16GB. Best electronic investment I've made in years.

Comment

Originally posted by ZonaMojo View Post
      I bought my case for my Nexus 7 off ****. Perfect fit & I love the magnetic cover that puts the tab in Timeout to save battery. The company that makes them is Finite.

If you don't like the way the Nexus handles screen rotation, install the free Apex Launcher. You'll get landscape and portrait.

I'm lovin' my 16GB. Best electronic investment I've made in years.
      How well would your case protect the screen from a drop?
      I already got rotation locker and license, have to disable it and see the updates fix.

I've got the 16 GB as well, seeing rumors of an upcoming 32GB at same price point. Maybe they'll miss out on the gwallet credit and 25ยข apps. (Make me feel a little better)

Comment

I've dropped my tablet w/ case numerous times on carpet to no bad effect. I think a lot of it has to do with the rubberized back molding & the way the magnets hold the case tight. However, depending on how hard it fell on a harder service I could see a screen break maybe.

Also, check your screen edges all the way around your tablet. Some of the early 7's had seperation issues and had to be replaced.

Comment

No screen lift on mine, first thing I checked.

I'm using a zippered and padded slip cover by Case Logic that should be more moisture resistant. Thinking of cutting up a fridge magnet and gluing it inside. Where is the sensor to position magnet over? Does tablet auto wake when magnet is removed?

Comment

Fridge magnet isn't strong enough, used a bar magnet to find sweet spot on back about 1/2 inch from pogo contacts. Will try some magnetic sign stock next.

Comment

No clue where the sensor is, and when you reopen the cover you get a black screen. Just hit the power button and it returns you to where you were.

Comment

Well it's nothing I really need, don't know why they included it.

Theory: a new dock with a snooze button that turns on an electromagnet behind tablet. Very expensive alarm clock!

Waking on incoming Skype call. Roll over to see your boss glaring at you saying " who's that in bed with you?" Or
                " I can't see anything, you better not have taped over the camera again."

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                  Well it's nothing I really need, don't know why they included it.

Theory: a new dock with a snooze button that turns on an electromagnet behind tablet. Very expensive alarm clock!

Waking on incoming Skype call. Roll over to see your boss glaring at you saying " who's that in bed with you?" Or
                  " I can't see anything, you better not have taped over the camera again."
                  Lol I just power off & charge my Nexus overnight. I've also found 16Gb is more than enough storage. All my data, music, video, etc is stored in the cloud & backed up on my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by ZonaMojo View Post
                    Lol I just power off & charge my Nexus overnight. I've also found 16Gb is more than enough storage. All my data, music, video, etc is stored in the cloud & backed up on my PC.
                    The cloud isn't an option for me. I'm capped at 745KB/s down and 145KB/s up. That's 30 hrs to u/l 16 GB.
                    The sales rep swore up and down it was a 5MB/s connection but little b is bit or baud not byte.

I'm going to have to get a router with USB to attach my gauntlet as a nas drive, unplug for portable hotspot drive.

Comment

Working...
                    X