root asus memo pad me170 c

how do I root the asus memo pad 170c?
    cant find a definitive answer anywhere and don't want to brick the device

thanks

Originally posted by moiloon View Post
    how do I root the asus memo pad 170c?
    cant find a definitive answer anywhere and don't want to brick the device

thanks
    Hey there, I got me one of these a couple of weeks ago. Scoured around a bit allmost bricked it and then found this.
    Firstly, mods, please! Move me to a different forum if this thread is in the wrong place, I'm not used to posting on xda (usely searching is sufficient.) Updates: Method to restore your ME170C* from a brick! See below for the guide. I just...

If you scroll down the page you'll see a link to the attached file RootZenFone-1.4.5r.apk.
    I downloaded that file to my tablet, ran it, hit the root button, counted to 5, held down the power button and selected reboot, then waited with my fingers crossed and it rebooted, i downlooaded root checker and walla, I had root.
    You do risk bricking your tablet if you try this and I accept no responsibility.

Comment

Have you tried rooting with iRoot? It is a root tool which root memo pad 7 in one click and will do not harm to your device.I once saw there are methods in that site.You can do as this:
      1. Download the right version for rooting. If you need to root without computer, try iRoot for Android.
      2. Install the apk file on your tablet and open it.

3. It will show you that the tablet if with no root permission. Click on “Get Root access”.
      4. Several seconds will be spent on the rooting process on “Accessing now” interface.
      5. After rooting succeeds, you may need to restart it.
      If you want to know details , go to this article in iRoot:
      How-To: Root ASUS MeMo Pad 7 ME176CX/ME70C/ME70/KO1A/ME7000C in One Click
      Looking for a simple to root your ASUS Memo Pad 7? This is easy. Just read this article to find the way to root your ASUS device.

Comment

you can root the device with super su or magisk but you have to flash twrp recovery here is the guide Install TWRP Recovery On Latest Android Devices

Comment

Working...
        X