Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Upcoming Asus Memo Pad FHD 10 LTE (mouthful)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Upcoming Asus Memo Pad FHD 10 LTE (mouthful)

okay well im in the market yet again for a tablet and this time im going to go on the more expensive side. The memo pad 10 has already come out. I do like it, but i am deciding to wait for the 2nd generation of the memopad. The release date is still being pondered, but expected to be in a month or two. Now ive got a lot of questions.

What does LTE stand for?
    If its on a tablet what does that mean about it?
    ive heard that its like in between 3g and 4g...does that mean you have to pay monthly for it?
    is it available for us. cellular?
    if its on a tablet, does that mean you have to use and pay for it?

and for anyone else on the market for a tablet in between $400-$600 the new memopad is the correct one for my standards any way.

specs:
    9.9mm thick (vs. 9.5mm), 572g (vs. 580g), quad-core processor, stereo speakers, Miracast support, 5MP AF camera, 10-inch 1,920x1,200 IPS panel (178-degree viewing angles), 10-hour battery life, microSD card slot and an optional Folio Key keyboard cover. Not. Too. Shabby. Of course, it's unclear exactly which quad-core Qualcomm SoC the device features, but with LTE in the mix, we're guessing there's a Snapdragon 800 on the menu. Hit the break for the promo video.

website for video:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/14/asus-memo-pad-fhd-10-lte-specs-revealed-in-official-video/

any help would....well help haha thanks
    Thanks soooooo much!! You are awesome!
    Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
    FREAKTAB is FREAKIN' AMAZING!
    Kyle

LTE is 4G and should be available in the US.

Yes, in order to use LTE/4G (or 3G) you need a separate data plan for your tablet and its own SIM card, unless you use wifi only and access internet thetering to your smartphone. Many people get a data plan for their smartphone and enable wifi hotspot on the phone so the tablet can use internet via that wifi. Not sure about its viability in the US due to carrier's policy.

Regarding the tablet, have you looked at the Sony Xperia Tablet Z? It is much lighter even if not so powerful in the SoC department. Weight was something I overlooked for a long time but I changed my mind after I started to actually hold different tablets on my hand.

IFA 2013 is coming in less than a week and new tablets might be announced there anyway.

I am sure you have done your homework and the MeMo is the best for you, this is just a friendly suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by kong76 View Post
      LTE is 4G and should be available in the US.

Yes, in order to use LTE/4G (or 3G) you need a separate data plan for your tablet and its own SIM card, unless you use wifi only and access internet thetering to your smartphone. Many people get a data plan for their smartphone and enable wifi hotspot on the phone so the tablet can use internet via that wifi. Not sure about its viability in the US due to carrier's policy.

Regarding the tablet, have you looked at the Sony Xperia Tablet Z? It is much lighter even if not so powerful in the SoC department. Weight was something I overlooked for a long time but I changed my mind after I started to actually hold different tablets on my hand.

IFA 2013 is coming in less than a week and new tablets might be announced there anyway.

I am sure you have done your homework and the MeMo is the best for you, this is just a friendly suggestion.
      thanks so much! the xperia tablet z was my first choice. then i saw that asus was making a new memopad and so i got curious. I have been trying to find a tablet that fits these specifications:

10-11 inch screen
      over 1028x800 resolution
      available with 32gb if not more
      micro sd card slot
      mini hdmi slot
      (i want speakers in the front but i can deal without it)
      it has to be extremely fast! i always have and use a over 100 apps and so i need a fast tab.
      i dont need a keyboard or any of the other utilities
      at least android 4.0
      amazing battery life! at least 7 or 8 hours but would prefer more
      bluetooth
      mini usb port
      i dont need lte

thats about it lol so that defines my perfect tablet, its out there somewhere but i just have to find it.

thanks again for you help by the way.
      Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
      Kyle

Comment

I think ive decided on the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition. It becomes available in 3 days and it fits me pretty well. Still trying to get my idolian fixed and sold so i hope i get this tablet in the next month. I wanna wait to see some good reviews on it and then if everythings good then ill get it and if not ill settle for the sony xperia tablet z.
        Kyle

Comment

Working...
        X