root before flash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

root before flash?

hi, ive got a new u30hgt 2 , and im trying to understand what i need to do to get it flashed, do i need to root it first?, i need a noob guide
    also the only reason i need to flash it ,is bcos some google play games have a flickering screen, is this a common reason to flash, bcos it seems to run well, otherwise,

This guide is for Pipo tablets, but the information is the same for all Rockchip tablets:

Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      This guide is for Pipo tablets, but the information is the same for all Rockchip tablets:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...for-RileyROM-s
      thank you, please can you tell me if just 1 or 2 games flickering is normal with any firmware? ive tried 40 games and only 2 has a hazy flicking screen- and there not that graphic heavy, thanks

Comment

thansk and question

thanks for this guide - very clear

i have a couple of questions as i slowly build confidence to just go for a ROM flash....
        tablet - Cube U30gt2 MH, RK3188, stock 4.2.2 v1.0028112013

before i try a new ROM i'm trying to back up current stock firmware...

trying to install CWM recovery - i flashed just the CWM recovery img for my U30gt2 using the RKAndroid Tool 1.37. seemed to go fine but i was expecting the recovery img to force a dumped img "backup" file of current system ROM so that i could use it as a backup to return to stock ROM...
        nothing happened on reboot...
        i only flashed the provided recovery img - should I also have flashed the misc img too so as to enable the next boot to go to recovery and initiate the CWM img dump.... ?

if yes, will the new misc img file be re-written after first boot as per your guide ?

should i erase IBD prior to flashing just recovery img or flashing recovery & misc img files...

many thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X