Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW TO EDIT FIRMWARE

Hello everybody,
    +Half an years ago i bought cheapo Chinese Tablet (CUBE U9GT5 II QUAD CORE TABLET PC RK3188) with strange custom ROM in it.
    After long surfing on internet and painful eyes scratching in forums i found the original Firmware of this tablet. Luckily the Firmware was jailbreaked.
    But had lot of unwanted chinese apps. ewww. . .
    Well i tried to get rid of them by uninstalling them one by one, but unfortunately after window "uninstalling sucessful" the apps didn't dissapeared. And even after tablet restart they still stay in their places. =(
    Then i tried bunch of other custom firmwares, but quiet similar result here too. Some of customs not even installed to my tablet, some of them wont started, other contained similar useless stuff.

Now i'm wondering. Why not create your own custom firmware ??? Or even edit already existing. Just by changing/removing (permanently) some apps and leaving what you want.
    For example like on iPhone: only gmail and youtube apps. Nothing more.
    Does it possible ??? I mean is there any software which giving you this ability or you have to do same way as in Java script ???

Does anybody know anything ???

Thank You.

I have has success with the system app remover free version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ager.systemapp

Once you uninstall the system apps and find that it doesn't brick your device you can then uninstall the app, or freeze it using titanium backup free version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TitaniumBackup

Alternatively, you could use titanium to simply freeze unwanted apps and not run the risk of killing your device.

I was playing around with the factory tool yesterday and found that if you have the full img for a flash from the 1.6 batch tool, you can load it in the rockchip factory tool and delete any preinstalled apks and then create a new img of the full image. I did this because I could not find how to delete the ChineseIME but from there, you can erase anything then flash the debloated rom in full. I haven't played around with it enough, but I did find that I was unable to add my own apks to the fresh install, only could erase.

Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Working...
    X