Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Cube U30GT

Hi,

I have just ordered a Mini Cube U30GT from Elijah and would ideally like to create a cleaned, rooted, English image for it when it arrives. The tablet has a very similar setup to it's larger brother - RK3066, 1Gb + 16Gb but only a 7 inch 1024 x 600 IPS display with 5 point multitouch.

I have been following the work of mothatt and 900Supersport on SLD (see here) who led me to this thread and the work of FinlessBob (also on Vondroid for N101) and Rubensa.

There is a stock image for the mini Cube available:

1. ICS UI --> here
    2. Metro UI --> here

Just wondering whether the same kitchen guide would work or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance
    Jez
    Last edited by Tablet_Collector; 08-23-2012, 22:56.

If there is nothing available when you have the tablet it could be worth combining the kernel from the mini cube with the rest of a custom ROM. If Bob has a ROM for the standard cube at that time then if should be easy to extract the kernel from stock and graft it in. Be sensible to check how to un brick though :-)
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Good thinking yes that should work. I will also compare the non kernel bits of a normal U30GT with those of the mini.

Main issue is the really slow d load from cube at the moment. I normally use dap but this no longer works on their dload links

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I will be glad to work on this after I finish the larger Cube ROM which should be later today.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I will be glad to work on this after I finish the larger Cube ROM which should be later today.

Bob
          Hi Bob,

That would be amazing

Much appreciated, thanks

Jez

Comment

I received the tablet today so just wondering if I can do anything to help get the ball rolling? I have stock images for v1.2 (metro and normal ui). It came with the metro one installed which is actually not bad.

In the meantime I found out about a program called ZuoDashi which is supposed to root many new rk3066 tablets so I will give it a go.

Thanks
            Jez

Last edited by Tablet_Collector; 08-18-2012, 08:01.

Comment

Works apart from Root

With help from 900SuperSport using Wendal's 29xx tool I managed to create a cleaned and rooted image and it flashed successfully.

The good news is that the bloatware is gone

The bad news is that running TB Pro (and root checker) it says that the tablet is not rooted. When copying the files for root access to the system partition I was able to find copies of Superuser.apk and su but not su#

So maybe this is required for root access? Is anyone able to confirm this and can anyone upload a copy of su#?

Thanks
              Jez

Comment

At work at the moment. Will see if I can get you sorted on su# when I get home.
                900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Try this.

Use this superuser.apk and su.

Put superuser.apk in /system/app
                  put su in /system/bin

Now this is VERY important.
                  Using ES file explorer or root explorer set the pernissions!
                  The SU binary must be 6777. So prop the su binary and set the permissions so everything is checked!
                  I do the same to the APK as well.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...name=super.zip

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks Bob,

I will try this and let you know.

Jez

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                      At work at the moment. Will see if I can get you sorted on su# when I get home.
                      Thanks Brian

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

No joy...

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Try this.

Use this superuser.apk and su.

Put superuser.apk in /system/app
                        put su in /system/bin

Now this is VERY important.
                        Using ES file explorer or root explorer set the pernissions!
                        The SU binary must be 6777. So prop the su binary and set the permissions so everything is checked!
                        I do the same to the APK as well.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...name=super.zip

Bob
                        Ok I have done the above, flashed the image but the resultant image is still not rooted

I assume you meant to set the permissions from Linux (Ubuntu where I am modifying the system.img)? So I used sudo nautilus to check/change the permissions. I assume (chmod) permissions of 6777 equates to rwxrwxrwx which is how both SUperuser.apk and su are set.

TB Pro says it's not rooted and Root checker gives the following...

I did have some success changing build.prop to English default and UK time zone. Do you know what I have to change to make it act like first boot-up where it asks for Wifi details, Gmail account etc?

Thanks
                        Jez

Comment

Not certain on this but the following worth checking.

Does supersu appear in the apps list, if so open it and check the checking, is it enabled? Do any apps have su permission.

Have you tried with su# in system/xbin

The lack of initialisation on first boot after flash seems odd
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok thanks will check in the morning.
                            By the way the file you emailed was su not su#. Meant to ask whether you had renamed it as maybe gmail doesn't like filenames with a #?

Also I have been flashing using the upgrade option rather than restore. Assume this ok?

Cheers
                            Jez

Comment

Suspect gmail has stripped the #.

Wrt upgrade restore etc flashing is so quick I'd try both.

I'll see about ripping Su# and mailing again.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                              X