CUBE U27GT TALK 8 MTK8382 QUAD CORE ANDROID 4.4 STOCK FIRMWARE 173389

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUBE U27GT TALK 8 MTK8382 QUAD CORE ANDROID 4.4 STOCK FIRMWARE 173389

Cube U27GT Android 4.4 OS 3G phablet stock firmware released!

Download the firmware

Password is geekbuying.com

Steps:

1. Run flash tool “the Flash_tool.exe”

2. Choose “Scatter” file.

3. At this point, you need to remove the battery from your device and connect the device to a USB 2.0 port on your PC (USB 3.0 is not supported). You should start hearing the “dings” in Windows to signify that it detects your device.

4. Click the Download button on the Flash Tool.

5. If your device is connected properly, you will see the percentage bar change colors and start running. The one to watch is the yellow bar that goes from 0-100% indicating that the ROM is being flashed.

6. You will then get a window with a green circle, indicating that the flash is complete.

7. When the flashing process is done, disconnect the USB cable and replace the battery in your device and turn on the device. Your device will then boot into the newly installed ROM.

That’s it!!!!!!!!!!

B.regards!
    GEEKBUYING
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

No Good

Followed you instructions but I came up with a few problems.

1. There is no battery to take out

2. The drivers are not installed (Windows 8) will not install since they are "unsigned"

Can you help?

Thanks

Comment

Connect the tab after pressing download with it powered off.

You will need to enable unsigned drivers, this differs depending on if you are using windows 8 or 8.1. Working from my mobile but Google is your friend.
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
        Connect the tab after pressing download with it powered off.

You will need to enable unsigned drivers, this differs depending on if you are using windows 8 or 8.1. Working from my mobile but Google is your friend.
        Nice man, thanks for your help.
        Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Thank you for your help

I found the instructions to turn off/on unsigned drivers in Windows 8 and got your instructions working.

It is now updated to Kitkat 4.4.2!

However I am still working to try and ROOT the damn thing!

I have tried VROOT, KINGOE and SHUAME without success.

Can anyone help on this point?

Cheers

Comment

If you want I can download the firmware and see if I can rework it slightly to give root. As I don't have a u27 you would need to be the tester on this.

Brian
            900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Thanks again!

The only problem I have with the Talk 8 is that the APPS partition is limited to 1GB.

Even with moving APPS to a 32GB SD card I can only get half the APPS I have on an 8GB Moto G.

I have very limited knowledge about android/linux and I do not know why MTK has decided to do this.

I have used Link2SD to solve limited program space in old phone but this requires ROOT.

If I can get away with increasing the APP partition in a way that does not require root then that will be a better option.

However if that is impossible I am willing to try any rom you create.

Cheers again

Comment

Update

I tried ROOTGENIUS which I think is similar to "Shaume".

Initially no success but once I was online, the program seem to download some data and SUCCESS!

I have root and I have verified it with Root Checker!

Happy days!

Thanks for all the Help on this forum.

I think I got pretty much everything I need on this tablet.

p.s. Switching Apps can be slow should I turn on "Don't Keep Activiites" or reduce the background process limit?

Does this help?

Cheers everyone

Comment

Recovery

Hi,
                  Could you please tell me where to find a custom recovery for this tablet?
                  Thank you in advance!

Comment

Has anybody managed to flash this rom? I do not seem to get my tablet in the right state so it can be flashed. When I press download, nothing happens.

On 4PDA, I've found custom recoveries. However, they did not work for me and bricked my tablet. Therefore, I really hope to get this rom flashed!

Comment

Root and cwm Cube talk 8h

Originally posted by bm-zbemil View Post
                      Hi,
                      Could you please tell me where to find a custom recovery for this tablet?
                      Thank you in advance!
                      Hi you can install CWM for this tablet and root it as well!

Just follow this guides (i've writed them by myslef):
                      How to install cwm for cube talk 8h
                      How to root cube talk 8h

Bye

Comment

Has anybody found stock firmware for the non-3G version of the U27GT? Unfortunately, this firmware is not compatible (tried both sideload with another zip and flash method with this zip).

Comment

Working...
                        X