Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Talk 9x in my future?

Pardon me while I lament.

It may be a Cube Talk 9x is in my future quicker than anticipated. My trusty Pipo got rained on and now I have no sound.

I never quite imagined how crippled a tablet is without sound.

My impressions from reading here and there is the 9x is about the best we are seeing in a larger Droid tab out of China ...
    ... BUT it looks to be a bit more difficult to root and customize with a new rom than RK chipsets.

Accurate at all? Hopefully it is a mis-perception on my part.

I actually have been spoiled by the Pipo M8 Pro. The Kitkat Rileyrom made the tab virtually perfect as far as operation. Sure, it had it's niggles in overall speed and some aspects of quality, but it really was set up almost perfect. I even had flash working right on Kitkat!

I will miss the Pipo. I do wonder if the Cube will rise to the same level of satisfaction.
    Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Re: A Talk 9x in my future?

I mostly have the sound off on my tabs so wouldn't miss it too much.

Once you have the drivers installed on windows the mtk based devices are as easy to flash as rk devices.

The stock ROMs for the u65gt are pretty good, I've released lightly reworked versions here on FreakTab.

Brian
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

As posted elsewhere, a Talk 9X is ordered and hopefully will be here soon. Purchased from www.buyincoins.com.

Lots of hype on this one. It seems to tick all the boxes.

Interesting how prices can be so different on similar sized tabs. 220-250 is not a bad price for this tablet, but let's just hope that Cube has built a tablet to warrant their pricing level compared to others.

Comment

My previuos tablet was a Cube U30GT2. I'm interested in a new one, probably the Talk 9X, but I need some additional information. I tried many ROM for the GT2, but every time I've found, that some background process nearly blocked the GT2. For example, during play store updates, it was useless, I had to wait for the update process to complete. And many times, for unknown reasons, I had to wait, and nothing happened. On the other hand, it was a good tablet, I was able to use for everything I needed, but these unpredictable slowdowns was very annoying.
        The Kitkat test versions for the GT2 did better background process handling, I never experienced that problem with it, but the user interface had a huge lag.

Can you tell me something about the Talk 9X? Is it different, or it has the same problems?

Comment

Originally posted by vlevi View Post
          My previuos tablet was a Cube U30GT2. I'm interested in a new one, probably the Talk 9X, but I need some additional information. I tried many ROM for the GT2, but every time I've found, that some background process nearly blocked the GT2. For example, during play store updates, it was useless, I had to wait for the update process to complete. And many times, for unknown reasons, I had to wait, and nothing happened. On the other hand, it was a good tablet, I was able to use for everything I needed, but these unpredictable slowdowns was very annoying.
          The Kitkat test versions for the GT2 did better background process handling, I never experienced that problem with it, but the user interface had a huge lag.

Can you tell me something about the Talk 9X? Is it different, or it has the same problems?
          So far so good. I rooted the tab, but have kept it intact other than that. Sturdy, smooth ..very nice. Batt life much better than my Cube Pro 8.

I have installed Nova and other personal app preferences.

Everything seems almost perfect. Best tab from China I have had to date.

Comment

Working...
          X