This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube U30GT Clockwork dem

In this demonstration we will update the boot animation used during boot-up. The packaged boot animation is for "CUBE U30GT 1.0".

Warning if your sdcard is formatted NTFS to avoid reformatting please remove it and save to the internal sdcard.

From this link select File, download

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7_...U9WcExObFkzeGc

Save it to a folder on the cube either on the internal or external sdcard. I saved to the root on external sdcard.

Power off the tab.

Now to start the tab in clockwork recovery
    -- ensure the tab is not connected either to power or USB
    -- press Vol + and power until the boot logo displays and then release. This should take about 5 seconds
    -- use Vol + and Vol - to select 'install zip from sdcard' and then power on
    -- use Vol + and Vol - to select 'choose zip from sdcard' and then power on
    -- use Vol + and Vol - to select 'Patchupdate.zip' and then power on
    -- use Vol + and Vol - to select 'Yes - Install Patchupdate.zip' and then power on

The patch should now be applied, you should see some text informing of progress

Finally select go back and then reboot. Remember to use Vol + and Vol - to navigate and power to select.

Admire the beauty of Damo's boot animation.

PS I've had a few requests for sharing, can you not just select file, download?

900Supersport
    Last edited by 900supersport; 08-27-2012, 22:08.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

My external card is formatted to NTFS. And I forgot to take out the card before booting into CWM. When I realized, CWM already finish load up. I immediately take out the card but after checking, the card already formatted to FAT32 and wiped clean my data. 2nd time this happen to me.

Not sure this only happen to card formatted as NTFS or also to FAT32.

Thanks 900supersport for the tut. I've flashed few zip files and all went successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B7_2GD_rqEZsS2lJTUtBM0MycVU/edit

Save it to a folder on the cube either on the internal or external sdcard. I saved to the root on external sdcard.
      I must be the only person who doesn't know how to download from Google Drive... just discovered I had to click on File after opening the Patch.zip link.

Comment

Re: Cube U30GT Clockwork dem

I've updated the link ad it seems to work for me. New to Google Drive. To download I goto the File menu and select download
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

I've updated the link ad it seems to work for me. New to Google Drive. To download I goto the File menu and select download
          Nice new boot screen thanks 900supersports... this time I was able to access my external_sd card to flash the patch. Previously I hadn't been able to and the only thing that had changed was that my sd was fat32 rather than NTFS due to me forgetting to remove it when I reinstalled your ROM. I guess CWM and NTFS aren't compatible?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and publicity.

Bob is the expert on clockwork, and everything else :-) so will leave it for him to confirm re fat32.

Just starting out with clockwork, but impressed wit what I have seen so far.
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Clockwork at this time does not support NTFS. I have tried a few times to see if I could get it to work.

Clockwork WILL support the sdcard formatted as EXT4. But then the Android OS wont mount it. I can modify vold.fstab to mount it EXT4 but then if you have any other sdcard formatted FAT32 or NTFS, it wont work.

So you either live with FAT32 or make a total switch to EXT4.

As I recall the Cube has the SD corruption issues like the Yuandao when the SDcard is FAT? Probably why you guys are formatting NTFS? So it might be worht it to switch to EXT4 completely.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Clockwork at this time does not support NTFS. I have tried a few times to see if I could get it to work.

Clockwork WILL support the sdcard formatted as EXT4. But then the Android OS wont mount it. I can modify vold.fstab to mount it EXT4 but then if you have any other sdcard formatted FAT32 or NTFS, it wont work.

So you either live with FAT32 or make a total switch to EXT4.

As I recall the Cube has the SD corruption issues like the Yuandao when the SDcard is FAT? Probably why you guys are formatting NTFS? So it might be worht it to switch to EXT4 completely.

Bob
                Yes, Cube also have the corruption issues, although on one of the update Cube did mention they have fix the issue but as I been using NTFS, didn't bother to change it back. So don't really know is the issue really have been fixed.

If change to EXT4, Windows can't detect the partition natively right?

Comment

Originally posted by xb360 View Post
                  There is free software that will allow Windows to see and use EXT4 formatted SDcards.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by xb360 View Post
                    Yes, Cube also have the corruption issues, although on one of the update Cube did mention they have fix the issue but as I been using NTFS, didn't bother to change it back. So don't really know is the issue really have been fixed.

From my experience the SD card issue has morphed, mine just disappears.

Sent from my U30GT-H using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've been using my sdcard fat32 for three days now. Was using NTFS before but left it in for flashing. I've flashed and used titanium backups to restore, also some clockwork stuff too.

For a more thorough test I'd need to copy some bigger files.
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by andyvbrown View Post
                        From my experience the SD card issue has morphed, mine just disappears.

Sent from my U30GT-H using Tapatalk 2
                        What do you mean disappeared? The tablet can't detect your card?

Comment

So, has anyone got any snazzy boot images? No offence 900 but the one with your rom just makes me want the device to boot quicker as the flashing is very annoying

Comment

Originally posted by shadzomac View Post
                            So, has anyone got any snazzy boot images? No offence 900 but the one with your rom just makes me want the device to boot quicker as the flashing is very annoying
                            no offence taken. it's fully rooted so put your own in place. We need some animation to show it's not locked. May see if i can slow the flashing down a tad.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

no offence taken. it's fully rooted so put your own in place. We need some animation to show it's not locked. May see if i can slow the flashing down a tad.
                              I understand the need for movement, maybe a rotating freaktab logo or the stars/stripes moving in the background?

What dimension are we talking for the cube and Ill take a look around myself for something.

Comment

Working...
                              X