X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

900 Supersport rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini BETA

Well here it is my first ROM for the Cube U30GT mini

This is a late BETA ROM, unless you have experience of flashing your mini and an image available then please do not flash. I don't have a mini so you are my testers.

I've had confirmation that the ROM works and that we have ROOT. I'll be preparing a full version 1.0 ROM and have it uploaded in then next few days

This is based on the latest cube1.3 ROM and has the metro UI.

Rooted
    some bloat removed, I’ll need guidance from the testers on this
    English
    Clockwork Recovery by FinlessBob
    2 gig space for apps

here's the download, please read the readme

ROM ->Cube U30GT Mini 900supersport 1.0b CWM (169.7 MB)

Instructions
    Remove sdcard before flashing otherwise it may get re formatted
    Unzip
    open the cube30gt_mini_900_supersport10 folder
    Connect the cube
    Double click the ROM Flash Tool
    start the cube in flash mode (hold vol+ and power for 3 to 4 seconds thenrelease power then volume)
    If you do not have drivers already installed they are included with the rom kit in the drivers folder
    Once drivers installed the flash tool should see your cubeand update the status at the bottom
    Click the [Erase NAND (IDB)]button, you should see progress recorded on the right up to 4096
    Once complete click Flash ROM, again follow progress until done

The cube should now restart, it will pause on the peas screen (assumed as no mini to test) a while as partitions are formatted mounted and initialised
    At the clockwork screen press the power button to restart (if you go on to use clockwork the volume + and - buttons scroll up and down and power is select)

The Cube should now reboot showing my boot animation and then start up in English.

All feedback appreciated

Enjoy

PS my thanks to the team here for providing the best technical info on the net on cooking ROMs
    Last edited by 900supersport; 09-09-2012, 14:58. Reason: ROOT confirmed
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Cube U30GT-M Mini with 900 Supersport ROM feedback

Hi Brian,

Flashing - all went ok.

First boot - all ok. It is the v1.03 with the Metro UI launcher (Cube got it wrong on their website). I like the boot screen...very posh Also CWM seems to work ok :nice:

English language and Uk timezone all ok.

I noticed the cube Chinese app is still installed. I will reboot into Ubuntu in a moment and check which apps I removed on my version (from memory I think there were 7 in total). Edit: Just checked system/app and it's cube.apk that can be removed.

TB Pro complained that it couldn't acquire root. Also the same with root checker which actually doesn't complete. Behind the "please wait" window I think it's showing that Superuser.apk was not found.

Looks like a similar problem as I was having.

Cheers
    Jez
    Last edited by Tablet_Collector; 08-29-2012, 18:53.

Comment

In Ubuntu now

These are the ones I removed in the script but I have a suspicion there was another one I might have removed manually.

sudo mv mntsystem/app/buyu.apk removed
      sudo mv mntsystem/app/cube.apk removed
      sudo mv mntsystem/app/CCCCACDE.apk removed
      sudo mv mntsystem/app/com.chaozh.iReaderFree_145459.apk removed
      sudo mv mntsystem/app/PinyinIME.apk removed
      sudo mv mntsystem/app/qq_hd_1.7.0.apk removed

Jez

Comment

Re: 900 Supersport rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini BETA

Thanks jez,

I'm going to flash this on my cube tonight and see if I can get it running there. If that works (sometimes only partial functionality is available) I'll be able to investigate further.

Failing that I'll re-check my work step by step.

Take it you got on OK with this flash tool. :-)
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Yes flash tool ran fine. Quite like it
          Clearing the idb is good as you know it's nice and clean install.

Assume I can flash over the top with rkbatchtool? Will this get rid of cwm?

Forgot to check memory to see if 2GB available. Will do and post back.

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yup, 1.81Gb available

Jez

Comment

Just checked I'd updated to the latest superuser and forgot to set execute permission on it and such.:-)

I'll see what I can cook up, may be able to replace by clocwork
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

ok great

Comment

Struggling to get a fix via clockwork, it should be possible to mount system and adjust the permissions on the two files but it won't be tonight.

Also my cube does not get on with the mini system.img could be the kernel differences for JB. Will see about getting an updated rom uploaded.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

see first post for clockwork fix of permissions to gain root.

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it now

Comment

Ran "fix permissions" in CWM but still no root access

TB Pro and Root Checker doing same as before.

Root Checker shows:

SuperUser: Not found

Jez

Comment

Odd I broke my cube by changing permissions on Su and Supersede.apk. confirmed no longer rooted. Fixed as described. Maybe the initial permissions are cached Ann restored. Ic have the new version put in place.

Sorry.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Just tried to flash back to stock 1.03 using RKBatchTool and got "download firmware failure" yikes!

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X