Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you flashed this tab from this PC before?

The not powering up sound worrying, I'm thinking it my not be charging. if you get that tab into mask mode so the flash tool recognises it and leave it for 10 minutes is it still recognised?
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Hi 900supersport

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated

I was using your ROM on this tablet, everything was working fine (except the bluetooth option that was unavailable in the settings area).

Tablet is correctly detected by PC when connected and put into MaskROM flash mode. There is the sound from my W7 computer that indicates that tablet is correctly detected

When I use your flash tool for installing your ROM, it says "Found RKAndroid MaskRom Rock USB". However, when I try to erase NAND (IDB), for example, your flasher says "Error: Must choose Loader for erasing", and there is no "loader" file inside your Zip ROM archive

When I use the official RK Batch Tool, I see the dark-blue square (tablet is correctly put into MaskROM mode), and I can start the Restore function when I select an official firmware;

Here is what I get from this official RK flash tool:
      "Download boot start... Download boot success"
      "Wait for MaskROM... MaskROM success"
      "Test device start.... Test device success"
      "Check Chip start... Check chip success"
      "Get flashinfo start... Get flashinfo success"
      "Prepare IDB start... IDB start success"
      "Download IDB start... Download IDB success"
      "Reset device start.... Reset device success"
      "Wait for loader start... Wait for loader FAIL"

Comment

I didn't think the mini had Bluetooth.

I'll see about getting the loader uploaded for you for my ROM. Is it the jelly bean or ICS you have?
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
          I didn't think the mini had Bluetooth.

I'll see about getting the loader uploaded for you for my ROM. Is it the jelly bean or ICS you have?
          I was using the U30GT-W_4.1_v1.10_20120820 (ICS 1.10) version of your great ROM

I hope the loader could help, I suppose it might, and I should probably give it a try

Thanks again 900supersport.
          Nick.

Comment

OK I'll get the boot loader uploaded for you. The jelly bean version of my ROM is available too.

Will post soon with the link, have to go to start up my laptop and fin the files.
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

OK I'll get the boot loader uploaded for you. The jelly bean version of my ROM is available too.

Will post soon with the link, have to go to start up my laptop and fin the files.
              Thanks, will try it as soon as you post it...
              I'll keep you updated too, of course, and will send back tablet if it does not help.

Comment

try this.
                Attached Files
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

try this.
                  Thanks 900supersport

Here is what I got when using the file with your flash tool...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	429418

I tried twice and same problem, always when device is "resetting"...

Comment

I think the problem is most likely that the battery is not charging. If it's changed it should be at close to 4.2v discharged would be about 3.6 I think.

Try just having boot loader selected and erase IDB just in case.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I think the problem is most likely that the battery is not charging. If it's changed it should be at close to 4.2v discharged would be about 3.6 I think.

Try just having boot loader selected and erase IDB just in case.
                      Thanks anyway for your help

I tried with a multi-meter, says battery is at 3.99v, so should be fine..?

I also tried to unselect all files except loader and started to flash again. It flashed the file, then says "start to reset device... Reset device OK... Run OK".

Comment

Re: Don't Panic! When flashing goes wrong.

Can you now erase IDB?
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Can you now erase IDB?
                          Yes, it says "Erase IDB OK".

However, as soon as device is resetted, flasher does not detect it anymore and flashing procedures cannot continue

Comment

So does it reset automatically after Erase IDB? If not and it's still detected, clear boot loader check and check kernel, boot, system etc and flash.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

So does it reset automatically after Erase IDB? If not and it's still detected, clear boot loader check and check kernel, boot, system etc and flash.
                              Unit does not reset after erasing IDB.

However, in order to get each file flashed (parameter, misc, kernel, boot, recovery, system), I have to select the Loader that you kindly uploaded (if loader is not selected, the flasher refuses to flash all other files). And when I flash loader, unit resets a few seconds after flash procedure is started.

Comment

Ok if you cannot erase IDB then flash without bootloader I can only suggest two things, both clutching at straws;
                                1 try a fresh download, say my jelly bean
                                2 try flashing from a different PC
                                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                                X