This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Panic! When flashing goes wrong.

I've have on a few occasions had issues during flashing and thought I would share themand my solutions.

Firmware not rooted
    Re-flash with your chosen rooted firmware. You do have a copy stored don't you. This flash should be as full as possible, [Erase NAND (IDB)] and full ROMflash.

Recovery boot loop
    I had this while experimenting with changes to boot.img, the tab would only boot to recovery. I could neither boot normally or start in flash mode.

Fix

Connect the Cube to thePC and start up the flash tool from the tool kit. Put the mouse pointer over the boot to flash button. Start the tab. As soon as the tab is recognised by the tool click the boot to flash button. Now you should be able to [Erase NAND (IDB)] and re-flash.

BAD Flash

I've had this due to poor USB cable, for me the cable supplied with the cube is 100% reliable, I'd suggest if you find a reliable cable you stick to it.

Fix 1

start the flash tool
    connect the cube
    press power for 15 seconds to force power off
    press vol + then press power and keep them pressed for 4 seconds releasing power then vol +
    if the cube is recognised then either click boot to flash mode or [Erase NAND (IDB)]and re-flash.

Fix 2 (See this postat Flash My Android unbricking )
    hold power for 15seconds and release to force the cube off.
    Take the cube apart youwill need some small cross head screwdrivers.
    Short the two pads identified in the above link and press and hold power on for 3 seconds
    Hopefully the Cube will start in a flash recovery mode (not CWM), you want the fullest format and flash possible for this one so either [Erase NAND (IDB)] andre-flash with the tool from my rom kit, or if you are using RKBATCH use restore

Damo has posted auseful thread on flashing using rkbatch here.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Re: Don't Panic! When flashing goes wrong.

Great post Brian!

I can confirm the bootloop fix worked for me. I just watched the Android flash tool message until it said "found RKAndroid Rock usb" then quickly pressed the reboot to flash mode button. It's quite a short time window so be quick on the button or you will have to wait until the next boot.

Also you don't need to worry because 900ss gives great support!

Cheers
    Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Jez

If you hadn't have told me about that one it might have been time for screwdrivers again :-) .

Got adb set correctly on Linux yesterday so that may give some more options.
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Lol, yes i was already digging out the mini screwdriver set just in case

Ah yes adb; that's the next thing I need to seriously read up on.

Jez

Comment

For a start in getting adb set up you could do worse than this YouTube clip and the blog referred to in it

YouTube adb setup
          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Once again thanks for your help!

Jez

Comment

NAND only around 4000

hi any idea why when i Erase the NAND the value is around 4000 only any idea please ,i tried every thing in the readme file but nothing change ,but the tablet is ok and i manged to install every thing correctly ,my only issue is the ideal time consuming battery

Comment

Not unusual, so long as it counts up it should be fine.

Sorry don't know what you mean about the battery.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks for your fast replay
                  what i mean about battery
                  after i download the image i didn't add any new app WIFI is off no account add nothing open
                  so in the go to settings --> battery i only found screen around 50% "normal for me "
                  left the tablet to idle and come back now my "tablet idle " is 95%
                  and the screen 2%
                  is that normal

Comment

Sorry I've done no detailed analysis of the battery life. I charge my cube overnight and use it for a few hours during the day and another three hours or so of an evening. I'm more than happy with the battery life.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

"Damo" thread on rkbatch tool

How can you delete a bad post.?Thanks

Comment

"Damo" thread on rkbatch tool

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                        I've have on a few occasions had issues during flashing and thought I would share themand my solutions.

Damo has posted auseful thread on flashing using rkbatch here.
                        Can some one post a link to this thread

Thanks

Comment

If you mean damo's thread the click on flashing on the original post.
                          Last edited by 900supersport; 02-16-2013, 20:34.
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                            If you mean damp's thread the click on flashing on the original post.

Thanks found it, I was clicking on the wrong item..

Comment

Permabrick?

OK.

I tried flashing a Cube U30GT-H using the SD card method. It ended up back in the recovery telling me it had successfully installed the ROM. ( I made sure it was for a -H model) It ended up back and I went to reboot. Let it sit for a while and screen stayed black. I figured it was off, hit power button, nothing happened. Held power button and got the chinese boot screen, then it goes to just a white screen. Nothing responds. Holding power for a bit (~10 seconds) makes it shut down. It will no longer go into recovery mode with vol+ and Power.

I found a thread online explaining how to reset it by jumping two pins inside after opening it up and tried this.

Sometimes the computer sees it as a Cube U30GT-H, sometimes it sees it as an unrecognized device. It won't let me install drivers for it at all, from any of multiple ROMs, or automatically. Not even generic RK30 drivers.

Here's whats strange. When I hold Vol+ and Power without it connected to a computer, nothing happens. When it IS connected, windows recognizes something is plugged in. But it never goes into recovery.

Anybody experienced this? Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks.

RT.

Comment

Working...
                              X